News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
That actually has me thinking., maybe they will have an option to be fully immersed, or not.

If maybe an older teen or wife isn't too into it, then they can come and go from the hotel.. but the other family members sign up for the role playing experience.
I doubt it. Demand will be so high, they can more than afford to say "it's 100% participatory. Don't like it? Stay at the Contemporary."

Capsin4

That's a lot of money for sure, but it seems in line with Disney prices. $350 per night for the room that will likely be delxue type, $70 per day park admisson, $100 per day for food and entertainment. For 4 people, that's about 3,100 and you can add more for the entertainment and immersive activities. And clothes. The kicker is going to if park admission is included and how much entertainment is included onboard. Dinner shows are what now? $50? $60?

LieutLaww

Hello There
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I doubt there will be the option as they are selling this as an experience, they wouldnt have people dressed up then someone wandering around in shorts and a tshirt, that will be an immersion killer. The Land you have an option on how immersed you want to be the, hotel you pay for the experience.

21stamps

I want a live action space battle. A cross between the Mission Space Advanced Training Lab, Mission Space itself, VR, laser tag, etc. I honestly won't be excited if it's things like dinner shows. I want to DO Star Wars.

You're the guy with the life sized Darth Vader in his office, right? ;)

Seriously though, I agree.. I don't want dinner shows. It's the participation that is so intriguing.

21stamps

I doubt there will be the option as they are selling this as an experience, they wouldnt have people dressed up then someone wandering around in shorts and a tshirt, that will be an immersion killer. The Land you have an option on how immersed you want to be the, hotel you pay for the experience.

So you think the hotel will be off limits to visitors? Maybe they could offer an hour "tour" to those who aren't staying there, at a price of course. And they would have to be in costume.

New option for Disney vacationers.lol

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Wait, what? The people in the concept art are clearly in street clothes. I can't imagine they're going to costume every guest.

You're the guy with the life sized Darth Vader in his office, right?
[Defensively]: No... just multiple LEGO sets.

Astro Blaster

Forgive me for the extreme Star Wars nerdness - but I'd think the best version of this would be kind of like a real life Knights of the Old Republic. Seems like you'd be participating in RPG-like sidequests.

21stamps

Wait, what? The people in the concept art are clearly in street clothes. I can't imagine they're going to costume every guest.

[Defensively]: No... just multiple LEGO sets.

Ha ha. Side note- I bought my then 7 year old nephew the Death Star Lego set.. back when it came out years ago. My brother almost killed me. There's a reason Lego's have ages listed on them apparently...

Anyway, Lego Movie Dad's and Star Wars Nerds kinda go hand in hand I guess.
Will be a weird and interesting stay at this new hotel, for sure.lol

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That actually has me thinking., maybe they will have an option to be fully immersed, or not.

If maybe an older teen or wife isn't too into it, then they can come and go from the hotel.. but the other family members sign up for the role playing experience.

If they get to a point where there are not enough guests interested in the full experience they could operate it as a normal, but highly themed hotel at certain times and offer the full experience at other times.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm thinking $5-10k for a 3 night stay for a family of 4. All inclusive except for merchandise. Basically I'm viewing this exactly like an interstellar cruise. I also think you will get to choose how many nights you want to stay based on a package, just like a 3 or 4 night cruise. I am interested in terms of what the amenities and recreation will be. All virtual? A pool? So many possibilities!

The cruise is the right analogy. Fixed duration. I don't think they'll go all inclusive, I wager certain experiences will be upgrades. They did show outside pools in the concept art which I found confusing... but they did talk about it too.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I don't think it's a cruise. The concept art clearly indicates that this is a military ship.

Not how it was pitched. It was pitched more like a transport ship... which has a wide mix of types of people on board. This opens the canvas for the various styles of LARP style adventures, the scavenger hunt type stuff, etc. A military ship would not have the diversity, freedom, or vairty of scenes and entertainment a civilian ship has.

21stamps

If they get to a point where there are not enough guests interested in the full experience they could operate it as a normal, but highly themed hotel at certain times and offer the full experience at other times.

My biggest question is - are you really inside for almost 4 days? Without seeing the outside?
The closest I can think of to compare would be GWL (as in not going outside)..but I just feel like there should be a pool or something..even if domed to remain in theme.

Well they'll have to find friends... because it will likely be sold like the cruise ship... based on double occupancy rooms.

That's what I thought, but Len Testa said it's one price for the first person only- then $200 additional per person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom