News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

21stamps

Yes $3750 for three nights (for a family of four, assuming Len's info is correct), and no - the $650 is four one person in a room. Add $200 per night for each additional person.

Wow that would be odd. I would think it would be priced based on double occupancy.

I hope he's right though!

CaptainAmerica

Semantics really. You are booking "passage" on a "ship" to Galaxy's Edge. Whether it is a luxury liner or a military transport isn't entirely clear to me from the concept art. But the cruise analogy works to describe the experience I think.
No, that's not how they're selling this at all. The ship itself is the feature, not Galaxy's Edge. The main selling point is the stuff you do ON the ship. Look at the concept art. Those are military barracks and one shot clearly shows the ship engaged in battle against a Star Destroyer.

Fizban257

No, that's not how they're selling this at all. The ship itself is the feature, not Galaxy's Edge. The main selling point is the stuff you do ON the ship. Look at the concept art. Those are military barracks and one shot clearly shows the ship engaged in battle against a Star Destroyer.
1) I stand corrected.

2) Sign me up for all of that!

21stamps

Disagree. I'm deep in the Star Wars nerd bubble and most of the people with the money for something like this are married with children of their own.

I think there will be a mix of-
Serious Star Wars Nerds.
Star Wars Nerds.
Casual Star Wars Fans.
Wives who may or may not be as nerdy as their husbands.
Parents who may not be serious fans, but their children are.

imperius

I know families will be there but it's going to be a hard sell of staying at a Star Wars themed hotel experience to a spouse who does care for it when it's 4K for three nights for a family of 4.

21stamps

I know families will be there but it's going to be a hard sell of staying at a Star Wars themed hotel experience to a spouse who does care for it when it's 4K for three nights for a family of 4.

I think you guys are overlooking what people spend on vacations.

Meaning for something "different". I.e. Special cruise, special/different resort..

CaptainAmerica

Yeah it'll be interesting to see whether it turns into super rich people with various levels of fandom or super big fans with various levels of wealth. For the sake of immersion, I hope it's the latter. I want the land to have "deep cuts" for those of us who invest time in the novels, comic books, and other Star Wars lore.

21stamps

Yeah it'll be interesting to see whether it turns into super rich people with various levels of fandom or super big fans with various levels of wealth. For the sake of immersion, I hope it's the latter. I want the land to have "deep cuts" for those of us who invest time in the novels, comic books, and other Star Wars lore.

Can you make room for those of us in between? Lol.
I don't fall in either category, and my family is super pumped for this.

lentesta

Premium Member
@lentesta on twitter is hearing $650 per night, minimum two nights, and $200 per person per night for any additional guests in the room. If that includes a special wardrobe as rumored (for a "100% immersive experience") and food as well, that's really not too bad.

I got that from Jim, who was standing next to someone at D23 who was in a position to know.

IIRC, the original survey mentioned prices of around $1,000/night. This is not far from that.

imperius

Of course. I don't care about Star Wars much as I am more of a Marvel/Image/Harry Potter person but if it's not insane I'll stay here just for the experience. My wife would go for it just because it's a fun experience, but others might not be that easy to sway. Disney vacation is fun for all, but a cosplay experience is a much harder sell.

CaptainAmerica

I think you guys are overlooking what people spend on vacations.

Meaning for something "different". I.e. Special cruise, special/different resort..
I don't think the problem is the price tag so much as the length of stay. If I drop $4k on three nights, I'm still going to want five nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge for another $3k.

becca_

I absolutely think the "average income" family (with a Star Wars obsession) will stay here, especially with no opening date proposed, this could take a long time to even begin to build. So if they start saving now, they will most definitely have the $$ by the time this opens. Especially if this turns out to be what it feels/seems like it'll be, people will put off "big" trips, eating out, extra costs, etc. to save for this experience.

21stamps

I don't think the problem is the price tag so much as the length of stay. If I drop $4k on three nights, I'm still going to want five nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge for another $3k.

I agree. That's why I don't think this will be a regular thing for most, but can be (somewhat) easily justified for at least a one time stay.

CaptainAmerica

Can you make room for those of us in between? Lol.
I don't fall in either category, and my family is super pumped for this.
That's all I want. People who are pumped. You don't have to know who 4-LOM is or that the trash compactor monster is a dianoga. I just don't want downer people. Wives or parents or "cool" older siblings who can't be bothered with the show.

21stamps

I got that from Jim, who was standing next to someone at D23 who was in a position to know.

IIRC, the original survey mentioned prices of around $1,000/night. This is not far from that.

So the first 2 people would be a total of $850?
There won't be a set "double occupancy" and then 3rd and 4th rates?
Like the way cruise ships and all inclusive resorts are priced.

Lora Baines Bradley

If I can have the option to dress as my favorite Star Wars characters, I'm down. I can't see my family doing this for that price point, but I can see me and my BFF saving up to do this and geeking out the entire time.

It's basically Star Wars Austenland.

21stamps

That's all I want. People who are pumped. You don't have to know who 4-LOM is or that the trash compactor monster is a dianoga. I just don't want downer people. Wives or parents or "cool" older siblings who can't be bothered with the show.

That actually has me thinking., maybe they will have an option to be fully immersed, or not.

If maybe an older teen or wife isn't too into it, then they can come and go from the hotel.. but the other family members sign up for the role playing experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom