News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Movielover

I think this might be the most offensive thing I've ever read on WDWMagic

Clearly you've never stop by the Hall of Presidents threads...

The philosophy is the same. Six Flags views their parks as "themed" because of branded rides. Disney today views their parks as "themed" because of branded rides.

tenor.gif

I think someone here doesn't know what they are talking about... :rolleyes:

Anyone who think this is a great addition is frankly unintelligent and their opinion shouldn't be taken seriously. I'm not sorry. I'm sick of the opinions and desires of basic Disney "fans", those who have no god dang respect for the core themes and values of Epcot, those that set the park apart from literally every theme park in the world, getting a platform to spew their nonsense. It's frankly why I despise most of my Disney friends, they're mindless drones who lap up everything Disney throws at them. Yes, I have no doubt this attraction will be great fun; no denying they will spare no effort. I'm sure the queue and other elements of the show will be top notch. But it doesn't change the fact this is another ill placed attracted based on a crap movie franchise.

This is frankly insane, I respect that you have the right to your own opinions (although I don't respect your opinion, not sorry because you clearly don't respect mine), but wow, I mean just wow! Do people enjoy being around you with all that negative energy just clinging to you like a shroud of depression? I imagine you look like Pig-Pen from The Peanuts, except instead of a cloud of dirt you seem to be enveloped by a cloud of hate and vile anger. I worry for your mental state because hosing that putrid outlook must have severe side effects to your health. You sir have my pity because you really must live a lonely and depressing existence if this is truly how you present yourself to your fellow peers. I hope you get the help that you desperately need, and may God have mercy upon your soul!

Madame Medusa

Because they don't have actual working Studios in a park anymore. DHS has become the "Identity Crisis Park."
Maybe try focusing on the positive. DHS has been a ghost town of innovation for decades. The old Hollywood theme for the most part is outdated, problematic, and extremely limiting, hence nothing growing out of it for decades. They're finally getting their act together and announcing some attractions people will actually be excited about. In just a few years this will be THE park to go to. I can't wait!

Nothing has me more excited than this Guardians pavilion though. So happy they're getting such a huge show space. The queue is going to be amazing.

mm121

I knew it was coming, but now that it it's confirmed, I am bummed. I still think they should have rethemed rockin roller coaster to Guardians. Also bummed about another roller coaster I can't ride being added and losing the inspirational edutainment aspect of the original park.

with all these new coasters, what age group is disney trying to attract?

and I agree its disappointing that in order to update epcot they feel the need to abandon the vision that epcot has been since it opened as being the more educational park

how many coasters does disney NEED? aren't there any other ride systems that could be used

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
with all these new coasters, what age group is disney trying to attract?

and I agree its disappointing that in order to update epcot they feel the need to abandon the vision that epcot has been since it opened as being the more educational park

how many coasters does disney NEED? aren't there any other ride systems that could be used

They want to attract all ages. A 'family thrill' ride in GotG (comparable to RnRC) with a truly extensive queue. An all-ages Rat ride. An almost all ages new Green ride for M:S. They had just added FEA last year, another all-ages ride. Expanded Soarin', another almost all-ages ride. It's very likely that the B or C Ticket UK ride will be all ages.

Chapek went out of his way two years in a row to say that Epcot's going to be more family friendly. Lot's of things happening to make that happen, GotG is the exception amidst all the other changes.

mm121

IPCot. For the days the Magic Kingdom is overcrowded.

Brain cells are optional.
so true
Why don't they just rename every park to "Disney Studios"

They should play the Universe of Energy theme while you ride the new attraction since it was an 80s song. It could be on Starlord's Epcot Center playlist.
or disney ip land #1, #2, #3, #4 if this keeps up
They want to attract all ages. A 'family thrill' ride in GotG (comparable to RnRC) with a truly extensive queue. An all-ages Rat ride. An almost all ages new Green ride for M:S. They had just added FEA last year, another all-ages ride. Expanded Soarin', another almost all-ages ride. It's very likely that the B or C Ticket UK ride will be all ages.

Chapek went out of his way two years in a row to say that Epcot's going to be more family friendly. Lot's of things happening to make that happen, GotG is the exception amidst all the other changes.

gotg seems like a way for parents to bribe teens to go to epcot

a demographic that universal has mastered attracting and disney has been failing at, so much so that some families send the girls to MK and the boys to universal

What changed in the Marvel contract to allow this? I know GOTG isnt an IP universal is using so thats most likely why

are there other marvel properties disney could use in the future that arent part of the universes that unversal is using as i know those characters are currently off limits,

MerlinTheGoat

IPCot. For the days the Magic Kingdom is overcrowded.

Brain cells are optional.
So all the days you mean? Though at this rate, IPCot will also be overcrowded and arguably already is in some areas. They've been hellbent on removing efficient high capacity attractions since the mid 90s and seem more than happy to continue doing so well into the future (guessing that GOTG is also below UoE in this area as well).

This "Epcot v3" AKA IPCot is actually making me hate v2 a little less...what is this world coming to? Brain cells are probably going to be a hindrance for being able to enjoy this.
tenor.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom