Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedMansionFLA

That will happen over at DHS and re'-theme RNRC to another Marvel property (Doctor. Strange)
Funnily enough I just came back from DCA and loved everything about Mission: Breakout. The building is a little gaudy, but fits with the Collector's character profile, the inside was fantastically themed with a lot of Easter Eggs to Marvel and to Disneyland itself and the ride felt more intense than the standard ToT and was a blast. The screens were majorly HD where it was jarring a bit just how clear it looked.

I will say this, A LOT of kids were crying on that ride. In all the times I rode ToT I only saw a few here and there but with Guardians there were a lot, it felt much more intense even if everything was in fact the same.

I'm surprised that Guardians can be used East of the Mississippi (I'm too lazy to go back and read 370 pages to why) but I think any Guardians overlay would be visually interesting and fit Future World nicely. A lot of kids and teens are over the moon with this property more than I've seen with the standard characters from the Marvel license so it makes sense, I guess.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I will say this, A LOT of kids were crying on that ride. In all the times I rode ToT I only saw a few here and there but with Guardians there were a lot, it felt much more intense even if everything was in fact the same.

That tends to happen when a dark and psychologically terrifying attraction is thoughtlessly re-themed to be a goofy comic book ride. They added big screen tvs and a cuddly raccoon but it still has the same stomach turning drops. Another Stitch's Great Escape.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
It's not like they removed the height requirement. The same kids who could ride ToT before are the same ones who could ride this.

Suppose you're tall enough to ride and you're a kid who is skittish about thrill rides. Are you more likely to feel comfortable riding "Tower of Terror" or "Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout"? I should also note that height requirements exist at Disney for a variety of reasons (safety for example) that aren't necessarily indicative of thrill level. I could see this being a bit of an issue.

Eckert

I remember when I was younger and just starting to try my luck with thrill rides, I would only want to ride RnRC at MGM. I would never touch Tower of Terror? Why? The mood of each ride. Aerosmith was less threatening and more fun vs. evil spooky tower.

Personally I feel that Guardians will pull more kids who are trying to be brave because the mood of the ride is more inviting. The ride is laughing with you, not at you.

nor'easter

Funnily enough I just came back from DCA and loved everything about Mission: Breakout. The building is a little gaudy, but fits with the Collector's character profile, the inside was fantastically themed with a lot of Easter Eggs to Marvel and to Disneyland itself and the ride felt more intense than the standard ToT and was a blast. The screens were majorly HD where it was jarring a bit just how clear it looked.
Funnily enough I recently came back from DCA and hated most everything about Mission Breakout. It turns a classic Disney attraction into a Universal-Six Flags hybrid.To each his own.

Capsin4

I'm glad this is going in epcot and not relacing TOT. I love the "horror" theme. If the rumors of a retheme are still true, I'd be happy if they turned the tower into a Blade/Morbius attraction. Then they could retheme Aerosmith to something marvel. Though Morbius may be considered part of the spiderman family and be off limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom