Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceMountain77

This is complete armchair imagineering, but if any Marvel property was used in Future World and, specifically, the Universe of Energy, I would think Antman would work the best thematically. Adventure Through Inner Space could be reimagined via Antman, with him serving as a host/guide. Voiced by Paul Rudd, the classic attraction would begin as it had previously, "I am the first person to make this fabulous journey. Suspended in the timelessness of inner space are the thoughtwaves of my first impressions. They will be our only source of contact once you have passed beyond the limits of normal Mag-ni-fi-ca-tion."

"I am passing beyond the magnification limits of even the most powerful microscopes. These are snowflakes – and yet they seem to grow larger and larger. Or can I be shrinking – shrinking beyond the smallness of a tiny snowflake crystal? Indeed, I am becoming smaller and smaller!"

Just a thought. Although, I would certainly prefer the Universe of Energy 3.0 attraction, which @marni1971 spoke of in a previous post.

Dave Z

There's a blast from the past! Oddly it wasn't. Was someone who only posts once a year now. We kind of made our peace. But you know me. Life's too short. I'm on my second already at least but that's another story. There's only one psychotic hosebeast ex of mine whom I hope dies a slow and painful death. Aside from that I've no wish not to get on with anyone.
You are correct Life is too short, found that out last year.....

MaximumEd

There's a blast from the past! Oddly it wasn't. Was someone who only posts once a year now. We kind of made our peace. But you know me. Life's too short. I'm on my second already at least but that's another story. There's only one psychotic hosebeast ex of mine whom I hope dies a slow and painful death. Aside from that I've no wish not to get on with anyone.

Don't hold back, dude. Tell us how you really feel about her.

Ismael Flores

Even if this was due to this (Which will probably be extended), the expiration date would only put the Mickey IP into the Public domain, it wouldnt legally stop the ride from construction or functioning, correct?
Correct, Disney just wants to make sure that it stays off public domain so that they have control of the characters image. A group of artist have tried many times to fight Disney on this. The feel that Disney maintaining rights to their own character is just another way of large corporations being empowered.
They even create a whole series of Mickey cartoons showing him in lies sexual acts. They got their sued by Disney after that

HMF

Correct, Disney just wants to make sure that it stays off public domain so that they have control of the characters image. A group of artist have tried many times to fight Disney on this. The feel that Disney maintaining rights to their own character is just another way of large corporations being empowered.
They even create a whole series of Mickey cartoons showing him in lies sexual acts. They got their *** sued by Disney after that
Sometimes they sue them. Sometimes they hire them to be Art Director on Hercules.

Herbie

Would the Mickey ride be considered a heavy hitter though? I guess on one hand.. the excitement for it is 50/50 though.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the new country. Or Ratatouille. There's a five year wait on that right? Disney may have wanted to have it open in 2019 (when the deal expires) but maybe can not start construction until then?

Epcot82Guy

Sounds like disappointment may be coming for those of us EPCOT Center fans. Putting on my Armchair imagineering hat, it's pretty frustrating. I'm starting to come around to the "IPs as liaisons" approach. But, Epcot should still be about the real world. Why this is so disappointing is that I could create a version of each of the "offending" attractions which would involve minor story tweaks and, frankly, feel much more in line for me.

Examples:
-Redo Energy into technology in creating movies and sets, CGI, etc. (especially since it's all but gone from Studios) - and then have the Guardians roller coaster be sort of "ride the creation" like the war submarine and bumble bee of old at DHS Backlot Tour fame or even Test Track.
-Have Ratatouille be a cooking show of sorts showcasing classic French cooking techniques - and where, naturally, something goes wrong and he ends up scrambling within the human world's kitchen (being the Chefs de France kitchen and their newest chefs directly from the famed Gusteau's, naturally).
-For FEA, slightly tweak the first walk in to be Norway, and redo the banner hanging above to talk about Norway's storytelling tradition and how it inspired Frozen. Then, include paintings of Norweigan folk tales, authors, etc. in the endless hallway of Mission:Frozen where there is literally NOTHING right now.

I'm holding out hope someone inside could bridge the gap. But, I'm also not holding my breath since exact clones or attempts at unique themeing outside the IP seems hopeless outside of a few very notable recent exceptions.

michmousefan

I have actually seen BOD presentations (not at Disney) where the end of the presentation was still being worked on while the beginning was being presented!
As have I. I have worked at announcement shows where a VP of Marketing didn't like the (very expensive, approved, signed-off) stage set and ordered wholesale changes to it less than 48 hours before show time, cost and capability be damned. Some of these VP and higher-up guys seem to think the world revolves around them; I'm sure Disney is no different.

Homerclaus

Wayne's World references will always drag the lurkers out of their spaces for a like sir....well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom