Replacement for Tomorrowland Speedway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rreading

You might as well throw in the new footage on Star tours as an "investment". Norway, Soarin and Harambe expansion are not adding capacity to the parks and are not substantial capital expenditures in any way shape or form.

Not to quibble, but didn't they spend an absurd amount of money of the Norway/Frozen redo? I believe that that would literally be the definition of a substantial capital expenditure ;)

Last edited:

Buried20KLeague

Another edit, just for fun:

35882053675_dc2e232259_b.jpg

The more I think about this... The more I think there's no way they're going to add TRON without having some plan in place for Space. I just don't see them sticking a highly themed, super-tech coaster like TRON right next to a wild mouse coaster 40 years older than it and not plan to upgrade it. I just can't see TDO as being that stupid.

Princess Leia

The more I think about this... The more I think there's no way they're going to add TRON without having some plan in place for Space. I just don't see them sticking a highly themed, super-tech coaster like TRON right next to a wild mouse coaster 40 years older than it and not plan to upgrade it. I just can't see TDO as being that stupid.
Honestly, I'm hoping that Space gets a slight ride system update not long after Tron is functional... but I was also hoping that Everest would get a refurb after FoP started running, and we haven't gotten that yet.

21stamps

Check out the glowing comments here - http://www.themeparkinsider.com/reviews/walt_disney_world's_magic_kingdom/tomorrowland_speedway/

I get that it is made for kids, drive your own car, etc. but so are most of the rides there and they all manage to be imaginative and fun for all ages (well not all but the majority). But again like I said in my original post, go karts can be found at nearly every tiny to large theme park in America making it not special and far from a one of a kind experience. Also, the last time I rode it (last year) half the kids looked bored out of their minds, again 7mph is pretty slow.

Not at my local park. Disney's small and family attractions are what set them apart from other parks.

If we start getting into a roller coaster Disney, then there would be no reason for a lot of people to go. Most have better coasters within road trip distance.

rreading

Honestly, I'm hoping that Space gets a slight ride system update not long after Tron is functional... but I was also hoping that Everest would get a refurb after FoP started running, and we haven't gotten that yet.

My guess is that it's a little too soon for Everest to get it's refurb...I suspect that they want AK to shine for a while - and while we know Everest can be better, it's truly not obvious to the general Six Flags population (many of whom think that the yeti really does move!)

NothingRhymeswithOrange

Most likely they will build tron first then revamp space mountain once tron is completed. They need a crowd eater on that side of the park in order to keep the other lands from being ridiculously crowded due to space mountain being down for construction for a year or so. The smart move for better crowd flow is to build tron then shut down space mountain for its revamp. Once both are up and running then you have two etickets in tomorrowland to allow construction to happen on stitch, buzz, etc in TL, and other attractions that have been talked about in other lands.

djdan888

Another edit, just for fun:

35882053675_dc2e232259_b.jpg
For this to be accurate, Speedway HAS to be gone completely. The road behind Space mountain ( I think it is called World Drive?) causes a major issue. Either Tron takes over Speedways spot, or they build across the street from the road. I can't see if fitting properly any other way.

Jbres_

I have a theory with this 220 thing. I think that yes it stands for Sugar Rush. However, Martin keeps suggesting that it's only still a possibility. Also, he mentioned that Tron replacing the speedway entirely was Plan C. Meaning there was a plan A and B. My thinking is as such: Plan A: Sugar Rush retheme of speedway and Tron coaster behind it. Plan B: Tron coaster behind old speedway with new TL hub area. Plan C: Tron completely replaces the speedway. Just some thoughts.

bclane

For this to be accurate, Speedway HAS to be gone completely. The road behind Space mountain ( I think it is called World Drive?) causes a major issue. Either Tron takes over Speedways spot, or they build across the street from the road. I can't see if fitting properly any other way.
I'm wondering if a section of Speedway could go "underground" (more like lower level of the structure) and into the Tron building to make it work.

21stamps

I would bet something more than 32".

For sure. If we're talking actual go karts.. yes, probably everyone here has them close by.. most kids under 52" aren't allowed to drive them though.
The Speedway isn't Go Karts.

We have several where I live.. here's the most popular.. we don't need something like this at MK imo.

..."Ages 10 and older AND 56″ tall to drive. Must have valid driver’s license to drive double karts with additional riders. Driver must be able to reach pedals and operate kart in safe manner. If Driver is unable to control kart in a safe manner you may be removed from track."

Last edited:

Jeffxz

I have a theory with this 220 thing. I think that yes it stands for Sugar Rush. However, Martin keeps suggesting that it's only still a possibility. Also, he mentioned that Tron replacing the speedway entirely was Plan C. Meaning there was a plan A and B. My thinking is as such: Plan A: Sugar Rush retheme of speedway and Tron coaster behind it. Plan B: Tron coaster behind old speedway with new TL hub area. Plan C: Tron completely replaces the speedway. Just some thoughts.

Plan A was to retheme/update the speedway
Plan B was the Tron Coaster replaces the speedway
Plan C was to do both retheme/update the speedway and build the coaster

yensidtlaw1969

Oh I'm sure it's not accurate, just a totally rough approximation of what TRON might do to the skyline of Tomorrowland

frankc

Wasn't that the plot of land where there was a rumored to have a second BLT tower built?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom