All things Magic Mountain

Phroobar

Original Poster
Here is what the building looked like in March 30th. It looked exactly like that on June 15th. Disney works their off to build a new ROA and Star Wars land while Six Flags just puts up a steel warehouse and sits on the outside until the last week. I guess they did build a new food area that is themed to nothing like the other counter service places next to it. I'm sure ride operation throughput should be really slow just like every other teenager run ride.

IMG_20170329_162231_zps3utv1fpi.jpg

Phroobar

Original Poster
I honestly have no idea what your words mean. Except I guess I like tacos.
They are just your basic D-list celebrities that think they are A-list. Even Disney doesn't go that low when they need celebrities for a ride opening. I should take crowd pictures when I'm there. They aren't as bad as regular Walmart shoppers though.

Ismael Flores

You have got to be kidding me. That's the new ride on June 29th? And it opens July 12th?

I can only imagine how smoothly their opening day will go for them. :rolleyes:

It's six flags, I'm sure the building will just get a paint job and plants put in and they are done. That could be done quite fast. They usually don't do all the multi layered detailed paint job that's disney does. They will pick a flat color and go with it

Phroobar

Original Poster
Back in hell again. Oops, I mean Magic Mountain. I'm here with the ten year old that hates rides with loops and getting wet. We are having fun in bugs bunny world. We will check out the Battle for Metropolis a little later.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Checked out Battle for Metropolis. OMG! This is the best ride in the park. The attention to detail is amazing for Six Flags. There are 6full motion AA figures, two preshows and the ride vehicles makes lots of moves. It is very similar to Spiderman or Transformers but you get guns that you can see the laser on the huge screens. Six Flags needs more of these kind of rides. The wait was only 15 minutes. No drinks in the building. It smells like a new house compared to the rest of the park that smells like barf. This ride totally outdoes Buzz Light year.

Phroobar

Original Poster
Weird, John (the Master) Simms is telling us how to put on VR helmets for The New Revolution. Should I be worried? I think I might need the Doctor after this ride! To save costs there is only one train working.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Original Poster
Magic Mountain is having their four day flash sale. Buy an annual pass for $79.99 (or renew one for $74.99) and get no black out days, free parking (regular $25 per visit), free water park, a lot of days to bring a friend for free, merch discounts and other stuff. Discounts on Fright Fest mazes. They even have a monthly payment option. Offer ends September 4th.

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/store/season-passes

Phroobar

Original Poster
Checked out Holiday in the Park at Magic Mountain on Monday. They did a great job a decorating certain sections of the park. The best was the Twisted Colossus area. Lot's of lights and cool sculptures. The DC Universe area had their buildings covered in lights synced to Christmas music. Charming. The front entrance had snow and stilt walker toy soldiers. The Full Throttle area had had their usual DJ and some great dance numbers. They had show called Kwerkmas feature acrobats. Fun show. There was marshmallow roasting and s'more making along with caroling over in the Metropolis Pub area. The New Revolution had their VR swapped out for a Santa sleigh ride. I think they did a pretty good job for Magic Mountain. I would like to see them expand it to other areas of the park.

hOC9h5A.jpg

HbJh3kR.jpg

ykRvHkL.jpg

c4uyuoJ.jpg

ojcJPTI.jpg

BwdPvA2.jpg

gYmxSzs.jpg

Phroobar

Original Poster
Magic Mountain has started construction of their new thrill ride called Crazanity. It's the worlds tallest Pendulum Ride. This is going in where the old haunted monorail station was. They are finally removing that structure that has been abandoned since the early 80s. The bumper cars are getting updated with some laser effects. No more forty year old cobwebs! The boardwalk games are getting updated too. Once this project is done, I hope they work on the Cyclone Bay area. That area looks like it fits the theme of the Apocalypse ride. It is in serious need of demoing.

SFMM_CraZanity_Rendering1.jpg

Phroobar

Original Poster
Magic Mountain had a bring a friend free day so the rest of the family got to go yesterday. It was a nice cool day at the park and everything was a walk on. The Jet Stream and a few other rides were closed. We really could have used the Helpful Honda tram to the top of the hill but it was down for maintenance. While up at Ninja, I noticed the covered waterfall building in Jet Stream was being rebuilt. That was nice to see. Also the land behind the park was being leveled I assume for houses or other construction. How would you like to have Magic Mountain in your back yard? They have cleared a large area for CraZanity. Both the bumper cars and the Scrambler were down for improvements. The Boardwalk games were still open but receiving new paint and lighting. Food Etc is now serving Gyros and Greek salads instead of Fish & Chips.

Rich T

Magic Mountain had a bring a friend free day so the rest of the family got to go yesterday. It was a nice cool day at the park and everything was a walk on. The Jet Stream and a few other rides were closed. We really could have used the Helpful Honda tram to the top of the hill but it was down for maintenance. While up at Ninja, I noticed the covered waterfall building in Jet Stream was being rebuilt. That was nice to see. Also the land behind the park was being leveled I assume for houses or other construction. How would you like to have Magic Mountain in your back yard? They have cleared a large area for CraZanity. Both the bumper cars and the Scrambler were down for improvements. The Boardwalk games were still open but receiving new paint and lighting. Food Etc is now serving Gyros and Greek salads instead of Fish & Chips.
It's been a long time since I've been to MM, and I hadn't known until now that the dear, lovely Funicular is now called the HELPFUL HONDA EXPRESS. *Sigh*. I really hate that aspect of Six Flags and all their M&M stairways, Credit Card banners and turning coaster trains into rolling billboards.
whatif.jpg

Magic Mountain would be such a more beautiful park without all that. BUT, I'm glad the park was pleasant anyway and you and your family had a great time-- I had heard "Friend" days could be a crowded nightmare; glad it was the opposite.

I'm glad they're rebuilding the Jet Stream shack instead of just getting rid of it! I rode Jet Stream a year after it opened; the shed had rubber flaps hanging down at the entry and exit points to keep a cloud of mist inside. When we went down the drop (in darkness), part of the exit flap smacked me in the side of the face! :D I can see how that could be a problem today, but this was the 70's and whiny, greedy babies hadn't discovered lawyers yet. :D

Phroobar

Original Poster
It's been a long time since I've been to MM, and I hadn't known until now that the dear, lovely Funicular is now called the HELPFUL HONDA EXPRESS. *Sigh*. I really hate that aspect of Six Flags and all their M&M stairways, Credit Card banners and turning coaster trains into rolling billboards.
View attachment 263816
Magic Mountain would be such a more beautiful park without all that. BUT, I'm glad the park was pleasant anyway and you and your family had a great time-- I had heard "Friend" days could be a crowded nightmare; glad it was the opposite.

I'm glad they're rebuilding the Jet Stream shack instead of just getting rid of it! I rode Jet Stream a year after it opened; the shed had rubber flaps hanging down at the entry and exit points to keep a cloud of mist inside. When we went down the drop (in darkness), part of the exit flap smacked me in the side of the face! :D I can see how that could be a problem today, but this was the 70's and whiny, greedy babies hadn't discovered lawyers yet. :D
They got to do what they got to do. It's pretty cheap to get in so they have to advertise to make up costs. Universal Studios is just as bad when it comes to in park advertising. Disney advertises just as much but with their own bands instead or they call them "sponsors". They are just more creative in grabbing money like world of color dining packages, Tomorrowland chips & cheese plates and maxpass only rides/lands.

No Name

One day while I was eating lunch at a Six Flags, the TV was playing a video bragging about how they have the best in-park advertisements with all the coolest brands or whatever. I understand not everyone's got their nuts and bolts in place but I'm pretty sure that didn't work on anyone. I was particularly annoyed.

Last edited:

Rich T

They got to do what they got to do. It's pretty cheap to get in so they have to advertise to make up costs. Universal Studios is just as bad when it comes to in park advertising. Disney advertises just as much but with their own bands instead or they call them "sponsors". They are just more creative in grabbing money like world of color dining packages, Tomorrowland chips & cheese plates and maxpass only rides/lands.
Six Flags is just so shamelessly in-your-face-and-everywhere about it. I know there's no great immersive themes being disrupted, but when they go and spoil the beauty of a great coaster (and I do view many of them as works of art) with train skins... that crosses the line.

The park used to be really beautiful. I'm probably in the minority, but on my last visit to a Six Flags park (Discovery Kingdom) the advertising was so tacky and relentless that it's kept me from visiting the company's other parks ever since. I know part of this is because I'm getting older and coasters are no longer my #1 reason for going to a theme park. When I go to a park, I want to tune out reminders of everyday cultural noise, not have it trumpeted at me even more intensely than when I was, say, commuting to work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom