Halloween in DCA

Suspirian

I know that most of us on here (or at least should be) are all adults. But do we really think Disney is going to go the Universal or Six Flag route to a more screamfest style Halloween party? I mean I'm all for it, but it would really move it from a family friendly G rated trick-o-treat thing to a TV-14+ thing.

So besides a GotG dark out and the RSR retheme, I wouldn't see them doing much more than what was at DL previously.

Yea I doubt that they'd ever do it, probably to avoid complaints from mommy bloggers. But with the success of these darker remakes, I really do think they're missing out on having a few creepier offerings.

Professortango1

I know that most of us on here (or at least should be) are all adults. But do we really think Disney is going to go the Universal or Six Flag route to a more screamfest style Halloween party? I mean I'm all for it, but it would really move it from a family friendly G rated trick-o-treat thing to a TV-14+ thing.

So besides a GotG dark out and the RSR retheme, I wouldn't see them doing much more than what was at DL previously.

No, just wishful thinking. We see what Disney can do with Haunted Houses and just wish they'd bring them here. Many are hungry for quality Halloween events. Universal is poorly managed and feels like an assembly line. Knotts is fun but lackilng quality sets and effects. Both feature tons of gore and sexuality. People just want well done spooky experiences.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No, just wishful thinking. We see what Disney can do with Haunted Houses and just wish they'd bring them here. Many are hungry for quality Halloween events. Universal is poorly managed and feels like an assembly line. Knotts is fun but lackilng quality sets and effects. Both feature tons of gore and sexuality. People just want well done spooky experiences.

Well personally I rather see more mystical like Mystic Manor than Spooky.

GiveMeTheMusic

Disneyland's Halloween could be targeted for kids while DCA's Halloween could be targeted for teens & adults.

The point is that Disneyland won't be doing Halloween anymore, it's all going to be at DCA.

DCA won't do mazes and scarier type stuff because that is highly competitive in the SoCal market - Knott's makes most of their money for the year doing Haunt, and USH's Horror Nights are a huge moneymaker for them. TDA has zero interest in entering that market.

Twilight_Roxas

Well World of Color needs a Halloween edition. I just hope Disneyland could still use Haunted Mansion Holidays, and Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy.

Suspirian

The point is that Disneyland won't be doing Halloween anymore, it's all going to be at DCA.

DCA won't do mazes and scarier type stuff because that is highly competitive in the SoCal market - Knott's makes most of their money for the year doing Haunt, and USH's Horror Nights are a huge moneymaker for them. TDA has zero interest in entering that market.

I'd be content with something similar to Villains Unleashed but that doesn't seem likely considering the complaint rumors. Does this mean the overlays at DL will be gone as well?

GiveMeTheMusic

I'd be content with something similar to Villains Unleashed but that doesn't seem likely considering the complaint rumors. Does this mean the overlays at DL will be gone as well?

I can't imagine HMH will stop - it's too popular. I could see Ghost Galaxy going away though.

GiveMeTheMusic

What made it a disaster?

The people who ran it.

Too many tickets sold. Underestimating what guests wanted (rare meet n greets) and not providing enough to meet demand. Guests waited 4+ hours to meet Oogie Boogie, same for Maleficent (Angelina style, not animated style).

It was a nightmare, and that was solely the fault of the out of touch people who organized it.

The_Bellringer

If the Halloween Parties are moved over to DCA would they have a special Halloween World of Color and no more fireworks, or would the parties get a rare DCA firework fountain show?
There's an interview with Davidson talking about maybe doing a Villains-review type of show for WoC a few years ago. And they do fireworks with it for the 4th and New Years. I think something like that would be really cool.

drizgirl

The people who ran it.

Too many tickets sold. Underestimating what guests wanted (rare meet n greets) and not providing enough to meet demand. Guests waited 4+ hours to meet Oogie Boogie, same for Maleficent (Angelina style, not animated style).

It was a nightmare, and that was solely the fault of the out of touch people who organized it.
I know a lot of fans consider it a fail because of those issues, but I wonder about the people responsible for it.

Brave Swordblades

Hope not. Love the HMH and it is still one of the most popular attractions around.

Mission BO in the dark sounds pretty similar to what we have considering the visuals are already second to the physical thrills of the ride.

GRR could easily be overlayed with Hook's Pirate Barges. Soarin is a simple retheme with just a new film and new movement program uploaded. Midway Mania is just as easy to layover. They just need to put in some mazes like Hong Kong Disneyland does, then they would get my money.
I bet Disney might give gotg a Halloween overlay in the classic marvel fashion by making Venom and Carnage the main antagonist of the ride.

D

Deleted member 107043

I am so not a Halloween person, and I've avoided visiting Disneyland during the Halloween Time season since it became a thing during the Pressler/Harriss era. I like my Halloweens low key and limited strictly to October 31st, you know like the Lord intended.

Now y'all git off my lawn! :D

Ismael Flores

I think that if they stayed away from the gore, murderous creatures something different could be done. I like what they did with the maze in Hong Kong that uses properties like the weird toys from toy stories and the mad hatter

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom