Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's what I'm thinking. How does Disney know that film is going to be a hit?

Test groups and surveys. They let a representative sample of the general public and film critics get a sneak preview.

Disney knew GotG vol 2 was going to be another hit and doubled down on it with Mission Breakout and greenlighting a Vol 3 before 2 was out.

If the test screenings go poorly they can delay the release and reshoot (although, reshoots and after productions changes are normal even for a good movie, they're also attempts to save bad ones). And if it can't be saved... straight to video.

Brer Oswald

I'd also be okay with moving the Three Caballeros to the Brazil pavilion. As long as they keep them around in an appropriate location, I'm good.
I really hope that if they are going to put in a ride in the hypothetical Brazil Pavillion, it is based on the Brazilian parts of the Three Caballeros and the Donald parts of Saludos Amigos. Those were by far the best parts of those movies, and any extra screen time for Jose and the Aracuan Bird is a plus for me. Besides, what other IP can they shoehorn into there?

Phineas

I really hope that if they are going to put in a ride in the hypothetical Brazil Pavillion, it is based on the Brazilian parts of the Three Caballeros and the Donald parts of Saludos Amigos. Those were by far the best parts of those movies, and any extra screen time for Jose and the Aracuan Bird is a plus for me. Besides, what other IP can they shoehorn into there?
There's also the "Blame it on the Samba" sequence from Melody Time that they could pull inspiration from as well.
But I would love them to basically make a living version of "Have you Been to Bahia?" with the Mary Blair art and all.

Brer Oswald

There's also the "Blame it on the Samba" sequence from Melody Time that they could pull inspiration from as well.
But I would love them to basically make a living version of "Have you Been to Bahia?" with the Mary Blair art and all.
Oh I didn't forget about Blame it on the Samba, I just figured nobody knew about it. And I'd really like to see Have you Been to Bahia with the chalk train scene as well.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I still don't see how the pavilion could handle the overflow queue

A "page you when ready" system ala Dumbo would be nice, but unlikely. I honestly think the overflow switchback queue will work aight. However, the thought of a pager alert system would work in the restaurant setting. Eat some chips and salsa while you wait.

Phineas

Oh I didn't forget about Blame it on the Samba, I just figured nobody knew about it. And I'd really like to see Have you Been to Bahia with the chalk train scene as well.
Haha, I keep a mental library of useless Disney trivia. I have no marketable skills. It's on my business cards.

But the train scene could work using the trackless ride system-individual cars leaving and rejoining the train, changing order, etc-not to Armchair Imagineer too much of course.

Fox&Hound

could there be a new outside queue by where Donald currently meets and then you enter the building from the other side? Not sure, just thinking of alternatives. I would really hate to see Donald go as he is a favorite.....

El_Tomato

I mean, we could always dream of an IP-free IDF-type film showcasing the beauty of Brazil, with its amazing culture, natural wonders and colorful parties.

But that wouldn't sell stuffed toys, really.

Brer Oswald

I mean, we could always dream of an IP-free IDF-type film showcasing the beauty of Brazil, with its amazing culture, natural wonders and colorful parties.

But that wouldn't sell stuffed toys, really.
The old Disney films on Brazil showcase some of the culture pretty well, and with this format, more of the culture could be shown as well. The high energy of Donald and Jose in Brazil is marketable, entertaining, and can be used to educate all at once. I'm just hoping they don't make another movie on Brazil, that barely has anything to do with the culture, that they would put in the Pavillion.

Mickey5150

The title just says confirmed that Coco is coming to the Mexican pavilion. I gurantee there will be some sort of Coco in the pavilion. May only be a t-shirt but Disney will definitely stuff something Coco in there.

Animaniac93-98

I gurantee there will be some sort of Coco in the pavilion.

Like Cocoa Puffs is going to sponsor the pavilion?

Sonny.jpg

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom