Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

Otterhead

I would be shocked if Coco doesn't have a presence in the Mexico pavilion, but I don't see any reason why it and the existing Rio ride can't coexist. Or even be adapted; I can imagine a situation where you get the Caballeros intro, then Coco in the Day of the Dead area, and then back to the Caballeros for the rest.

Princess Leia

Highly disagree. This is a love letter to dia de los muertos/Mexico from the vibrant marigolds to the setting and Guadalajara inspired land of the dead. Plus the Pedro Infante inspired character makes this film really click with its point of origin, in short I wouldn't write this film off. It's shaping up to be phenomenal and with Adrian Molina and Lee Unkrich directing this is shaping up to be one of Pixars best. Also I would love to ride it as again as IP's go imo Coco deserves this attraction over the Caballeros.
I read Adrian Molina as Alfred Molina, and got super excited and super let down in about the span of 4 seconds :(

Still excited for Coco though.

Bocabear

If they did a COCo attraction in the Mexican pavilion, they could take the AAs from GFT and put them on one of the balconies in the plaza... Occasionally popping up and singing and shooting they guns, (like they did in the Mickey Mouse Review) which could ricochet off the other plaza buildings adding a really fun show element to the inside of the pavilion.. every 20 minutes or so, .. That would be like the old Disney stuff...just magical little moments here and there.

Professor_Jason

Donald is my favorite character so I'd hate to lose a ride that features him but after watching the Coco trailer I loved what I saw and I might be all for changing the ride if they would get rid of the screens and make it all AA's

jbolen2

What is the plan for the increase in foot traffic in this pavilion? We rode the 3 cabarillos over our last trip on a moderate crowded day and it was pretty congested in there.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

I remember summer '86 the queue for El Rio stretching through the pavilion and out the entrance to the top of the steps.
32dffc190589b1115bd81050ca07f02e.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom