Rumor Siemens is going to end their sponsorship with the parks - Spaceship Earth and IllumiNations

Kman101

Epcot could easily be the best Disney park in the world too, beating out Disney SEA, but it seems they refuse.

The crazy thing is imagine if EPCOT was viewed so highly by people like @WDWFigment, it would go a very long way as people read those websites.

Billions would have to be invested yes, but the Magic Kingdom would have competition from within, and EPCOT could really help crowding there, and grow the resort tremendously.

He does view it highly (the idea behind the park and what it was and could be again) but I get your point. He has a great piece on the current "Epcot situation" http://www.disneytouristblog.com/cant-let-epcot-go/

Kman101

The amount of freak out in this thread is laughable...
tumblr_inline_oa8gfsrU4B1syt45t_500.gif

People have every right to be a bit concerned. Epcot has a long history of not updating things or taking care of something properly that doesn't have a sponsor. I see no reason some can't be concerned what this means for the fireworks and SSE.

bclane

Ok, I know that I am probably going to get beat up for this post, but here goes anyway. When Star Tours first opened (long before Universal put two Harry Potter lands into Universal Orlando and connected them via the train ride), I started dreaming about Disney opening up Star Wars themed lands (each based on a different planet in the SW universe) in all of the parks which would be connected by some amazing Star Wars themed transportation system (which would be some kind of interactive ride in and of itself). Now don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about the idea of converting SSE into the Death Star permanently (though I do like the projection thing they did for Rogue One) but I do think there was/is a way they could have brought Star Wars, and all these other IPs into Epcot without ruining the concept that was already in place. As we all know, Epcot is currently divided into two sections, FW and WS. I would have preferred that they would have created a third section and called it Imagination Island or something where all of these various IPs could have gone. Furture World and World Showcase could have stayed the way they were and all the IPs could have gone in their own separate "land" and we could have all been happy. Maybe it's not too late to do this actually. We believe we know where things are headed, but UoE hasn't been changed yet. Neither has SSE. But alas, I don't think Disney will take my idea and run with it and so we will soon end up with IPcot instead of Epcot.

larandtra

Seems to me that many changes coming may not be for the better. We can always hope, and Ill always withold any judgement because change can be good, but, you can do whatever to other parks. Epcot is what it is and changing to another IP based park just makes it like every other park.

EvilChameleon

I still have the utmost faith that the new IllumiNations (or whatever it's going to be called) will not have any IPs.

And I'll make another prediction; it will make nightly use of the launching points from behind all the pavilions that they only use for NYE currently.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I still have the utmost faith that the new IllumiNations (or whatever it's going to be called) will not have any IPs.

And I'll make another prediction; it will make nightly use of the launching points from behind all the pavilions that they only use for NYE currently.

I predict it will include Anna, Elsa, and maybe Donald.

stretchsje

I'm cherry-picking rumors here, but consider:
- WDW1974 says Ellen's Energy Adventure won't use a Marvel IP
- But others are still reporting GotG going into Epcot
- Rumors of something very expensive happening at Epcot

Then I read the link posted earlier about Time Racers. To wit:
Project Gemini proved to be too expensive for Disney to pursue, with a rumored price tag of around $500 million. Had it gone ahead, Epcot could be a very different park today. Instead, Siemens took over sponsorship of Spaceship Earth, and the existing ride was given a makeover - ensuring that it will continue to whisk riders through history for some time to come.
If Siemens left, old ideas never die, and Guardians need a home... are these dots I should be connecting? GotG are going to be a centerpiece as guardians of the world (showcase)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom