News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Kman101

I agree with your sentiment but I do have to say I am getting tired of the "Snowflake" term because of the connotations of those who like to use it.

I can agree with that, not fond of those kind of phrases and was just using it to make a point. But we do live in the "everyone gets a trophy era" and heaven forbid if a kid can't do something or get something they want ... but I digress ... and it's often the parents who think their child will be bored or not interested instead of letting them decide for themselves

PorterRedkey

I can agree with that, not fond of those kind of phrases and was just using it to make a point. But we do live in the "everyone gets a trophy era" and heaven forbid if a kid can't do something or get something they want ... but I digress ... and it's often the parents who think their child will be bored or not interested instead of letting them decide for themselves
I didn't get a trophy! WHERE's MY TROPHY?!? :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

HMF

I agree but I feel that is more of a failure on the parents part.

RoysCabin

That last part I can agree on: I teach at a private school, and the amount of input from parents that occurs today is unprecedented, according to the older teachers I work with. Parents being involved is typically a good thing, but parents sending emails asking for better grades for their child? Not so great. It's not everybody, certainly, but among the set of people with enough disposable income to be guests at Disney resorts there does seem to be a slight trend that way. I can't 100% blame them given how high tuitions are at private schools and at public and private universities, but it often does more harm than good for the kid.

The trophy thing never much bothered me in isolation, though; kids should have a way to play that doesn't involve a message of "you are constantly in competition with everyone around you!". It's when it bleeds into a mentality of not letting your kids fail and learn from mistakes, or not letting your kids fight their own battles sometimes, or not letting your kid have a measure of freedom to explore boundaries (within reason) that things turn sour.

Kman101

That last part I can agree on: I teach at a private school, and the amount of input from parents that occurs today is unprecedented, according to the older teachers I work with. Parents being involved is typically a good thing, but parents sending emails asking for better grades for their child? Not so great. It's not everybody, certainly, but among the set of people with enough disposable income to be guests at Disney resorts there does seem to be a slight trend that way. I can't 100% blame them given how high tuitions are at private schools and at public and private universities, but it often does more harm than good for the kid.

The trophy thing never much bothered me in isolation, though; kids should have a way to play that doesn't involve a message of "you are constantly in competition with everyone around you!". It's when it bleeds into a mentality of not letting your kids fail and learn from mistakes, or not letting your kids fight their own battles sometimes, or not letting your kid have a measure of freedom to explore boundaries (within reason) that things turn sour.

I'd like this post more than once if I got. Very spot on. I kind of agree about the trophy/competition part when you put it that way.

I guess we better get this back on topic though before someone complains ... lol

montyz81

New to this part of the conversation, but couldn't agree more. The term helicopter parent is quickly moving to drone parent (yup, I just coined that phrase). It is my generation that is constantly within hovering distance. It makes me sick. Like it is the teacher's fault the child doesn't get good grades (I know in some rare cases it is). Sometimes I wonder who the parents are doing it for, the kid or themselves. Anyway, just had to add in my $.02.

Last edited:

brb1006

I agree, Epcot BGM is great. It is really nice to listen to on YouTube as there are several places to find it there. Innoventions is among my favorite along with WOL and Irons SSE.

I wake up to Epcot Entrance Area Music each day, followed up by a bit of ROE if I skip the first alarm.

They should definitely work on a new background loop if they re-theme future world. Let's just hope it is original music and not mashups of Marvel movie soundtracks.
I just hope they keep the Innoventions area music even if it's long gone. It still served as a good theme for Future World especially when it was originally almost an hour long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom