The return of a Disneyland in Brazil - in a new location (open brainstorming)

mharrington

Original Poster
Ooh! I know, maybe put different types of buildings from different countries ala international Street at cedar fair parks.

I've looked at images of the buildings of International Street at both Kings Island and Canada's Wonderland, but I think they look more like Fantasyland than anything.

I think I will go with that "whimsical" style of Main Street and save the international theme for the center of the park. Maybe call it International Expo Garden?

The only question is, what can the name of this whimsical "Main Street" be called? It seems to have some semblance of Downtown Disney, which will also be part of this resort.

GotsFancyPants

What about Disney Avenue, a main street in which each facade is themed to an individual traditionally animated Disney film, and each film is represented? (Example: WWII themed building represents Victory Through Air Power, thin London building represents 101 Dalmatians, clock tower for Cinderella, New Orleans building for Princess and the Frog, etc.) That way you have a quirky, vibrant Main Street, but it stays true to the Disney theme.

mharrington

Original Poster
What about Disney Avenue, a main street in which each facade is themed to an individual traditionally animated Disney film, and each film is represented? (Example: WWII themed building represents Victory Through Air Power, thin London building represents 101 Dalmatians, clock tower for Cinderella, New Orleans building for Princess and the Frog, etc.) That way you have a quirky, vibrant Main Street, but it stays true to the Disney theme.

That would make it too much like Fantasyland, I think. And the name sounds too generic, I think. I'm going with the whimsical style I thought of earlier.

mharrington

Original Poster
Curiosity Boulevard? Whimsical Way? Dream City? Curiosity Commons?

Whimsical Way sounds the closest. Or maybe Street of Whimsy. Or maybe it could be Dream Street, like this early concept for Hong Kong Disneyland:
disneylandasiamap.jpg

Incidentally, similar to this map, in this Brazilian Disneyland, Adventureland and Frontierland will be merged into one big land.

mharrington

Original Poster
So for Dream Street, the train station will look something like this:
45c1232b0b886272f57727a6a86bd596--disney-attractions-art-disney.jpg

The station will have an eatery in there, probably called the Dream Street Whistle Stop, a coffee shop (sponsored by Starbucks, obviously), and you can take these drinks and small snacks on the train if you want.

BigThunder26

This train around the park will be the first time it is a cross between an attraction and a snack spot. The railroad, like the snack spot in the station, will be sponsored by Starbucks.
That's quite clever. How would you design the trains? You could potentially base them off steam engines from Brazil's past, like these ones.

Attachments

• 9ed7107c78d59a6b7086dd2c5a06af5f--steam-locomotive-lineup.jpg
    9ed7107c78d59a6b7086dd2c5a06af5f--steam-locomotive-lineup.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 72

mharrington

Original Poster
On second thought, the trains won't have a snack spot on board, but they will be set up in a way to have small tables so they can take their snacks from the Starbucks-type eatery in the station on the train.

mharrington

Original Poster
Beyond Dream Street is another new land, the International Expo Gardens. This is where the hub typically is and is where you go to the various lands from there. Here is home to two Disney classics: It's a Small World and Soarin', although here the simulator ride will be called "Soaring the World Over". Both rides will be quite different. The Small World exterior will be done in blues and purples and its order of scenes will be reshuffled anew. As for Soaring, just as other versions of the ride ended with a locale based on the park in question (i.e., Shanghai in SDL, Disneyland in the CA Adventure, Epcot in... Epcot), so, too, this version will end with a flyover, in this case, of someplace in Brazil.

I'm also pondering the possibility of having this be the location of the Carousel, similar to Shanghai's Gardens of Imagination, and that also like Shanghai, it will be the Fantasia Carousel.

mharrington

Original Poster
It is in the International Expo Gardens that you can meet with Jose Carioca. This is actually equivalent to Fantasy Gardens in Hong Kong, where numerous little spots are set up to meet different Disney characters. The main difference is that Jose Carioca substitutes for the Mulan meet-n-greet, and the gazebos are not themed to pagodas.

What do you people think of all of this so far? I really would like some feedback!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom