2017 Epcot Food and Wine Festival beginning August 31st

ChrisM

They were pretty handy, actually -- they were clear plastic trays with enough room for a few food items and a cupholder built in. With so little 'table space' available at F&W they were far preferable to using the top of a trash can or something. They sold them at the Festival Center (Wonders of Life) and the F&W merch booths.

You sir/madame are doing the Lord's work, thank you.

This was the exact problem the last time we visited for F&W but I was too dumb (of course) to inquire as to whether there was a solution and resorted to the hobo/trash can scenario far too often.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You sir/madame are doing the Lord's work, thank you.

This was the exact problem the last time we visited for F&W but I was too dumb (of course) to inquire as to whether there was a solution and resorted to the hobo/trash can scenario far too often.
I typically have them simply deposit my $7.50 quarter sized crab cake directly into my waiting mouth. No muss, no fuss. Works well for draft beers too. Though, some CMs are a little touchy about opening the tap directly into your mouth. After assuring them that you are a professional drinker, and convincing them that you know exactly how 3oz tastes, they will usually relent.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Because I'm a lazy ******* and the mere concept of THE GOOGLE is too much for my pea brain to comprehend, lest actually use, tell me of these trays. Do they have slot to hold a drink? Where can they be purchased?
Yes. Here's a picture:
upload_2017-5-2_11-53-11.jpeg

Makes it very convenient to browse the booths. They were being sold at the F&W merchandise kiosks.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Postmodern Jukebox. That's an interesting act.

Depends on the artist. I believe in my experience (could be wrong) Sugar Ray is going to be more crowded than .38 Special.

Depends on the demographics of the audience, if they're from the South then .38 Special will have a larger crowd.

Wow Dennis DeYoung... he's 70 and still going strong, he did a good set at SeaWorld last year.

rael ramone

Are these concerts well attended. 38 Special and Sugar Ray will be playing when we are there.

Boys II Men draws a HUGE crowd. And this crowd dresses like they are going to a club, not a theme park (that's a good thing - and I say that as someone who wears theme park gear. You're so used to seeing everyone wearing Mickey shirts & cargo shorts and with these shows the women wear nice dresses and the men are in dress slacks and button down shirts). And this crowd leaves after the show in droves - no sticking around for fireworks.

jaklgreen

How long do they typical play for? 45 minutesish?

They do 3 sets a night and each set is about 4-5 songs. So about 30-45 minutes. It is a nice break to sit and listen. And I would rather listen to 38 special then Sugar Ray. I have heard both there over the years and you have a lot more people singing along with 38 special and dancing in the back then the Sugar Ray crowd.

Meeko77

Are these concerts well attended. 38 Special and Sugar Ray will be playing when we are there.
We have seen Sugar Ray perform every year since they've performed at Epcot. The group puts on a very entertaining show, and at the times we've gone, we've never had trouble finding seats a few minutes before the show. It is often pretty crowded though. Mark McGrath goes out into the audience quite a bit.

BuddyThomas

Epcot has to be one of the most photographed and video recorded locations on the planet.

You would think there would be at least a few documented examples of the issues people cite.

The fact that there don't seem to be suggests that the problems people complain about are few and far between.

I'm not saying there are zero incidents of boorish behavior at Food & Wine festival, but there's no supporting evidence for claims that it's a steady stream of obnoxious behavior and wasted patrons.
I have been asking these prohibitionists to supply video or photographic evidence of all their ridiculous and probably fictional claims for years and years. Still waiting................

Kman101

I just laugh now at the Drunkytown stuff that people throw out there.

And to be fair some people just have a negative view on drinking (which is probably from a personal experience and I totally understand that) and project that.

I met a very nice guy who "had a few" at the smokehouse at Epcot and gee, he was there with his mom.

Of course there's occasionally going to be someone who drinks too much and takes it too far. It's unfortunate but it happens. But I don't think we need to go down this road again. We've had this sort of debate before and it never goes well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom