Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 So, as of June 2017, when should we expect the closure to happen? Or will they prolong it while they do all the back of house construction that was in the recently filed permit?
It's in a bit of a mess at the mo. It's missed one timeframe already. Right now it could be this summer, another option is before Christmas.

Another option is let it fall apart into next year.

UpAllNight

I'm a little concerned at the pace they're going at Epcot changes. I love the park but are we really talking another 4 years before we see changes to Energy? It's already arguably 10-15 years late. If the attendance report is anywhere near accurate, Epcot suffered a drop in attendance last year despite Frozen and Soarin...I fear for the park if this is the pace they're working.

Kman101

I'm a little concerned at the pace they're going at Epcot changes. I love the park but are we really talking another 4 years before we see changes to Energy? It's already arguably 10-15 years late. If the attendance report is anywhere near accurate, Epcot suffered a drop in attendance last year despite Frozen and Soarin...I fear for the park if this is the pace they're working.

Exactly. And with the Tomorrowland (Stitch, Speedway) plans. They need to make a decision and get started. I don't understand why they keep putting it off.

clemmo

Exactly. And with the Tomorrowland (Stitch, Speedway) plans. They need to make a decision and get started. I don't understand why they keep putting it off.
I feel like between this and the rest of the FW work, the new country pavilions, and TL work over at MK there is a lot proposed but it seems like none of it is going to be ready for the 50th which is probably the goal.

Lora Baines Bradley

Sorry to harsh your mellow, but we are more like 99% chatbots, the occasional natural language emulator (in beta, of course), and the very rare appearance of an IBM Watson test. Oh, and jt - but that's more like the forum equivalent of the Mechanical Turk.
At the risk of sounding ignorant, I'm not too sure what some of that means, but thank you for the welcome. :)

HMF

I fear for the park regardless.

RSoxNo1

I think there's 7 of us, thank you very much. It's still not a ride worth cloning.
I've only seen a YouTube video. I'm inclined to agree, but it does appear to add decent kinetics to Shanghai's Tomorrowland. It looks cool, but I'd rather see it in Tomorrowland.

EricsBiscuit

Tron can't be cloned because of the way you load. If you sit on the far side, you walk behind a row of light cycles and board the one on the other side. When you cross, there is a gap between where you step and the platforms on each side about 1-2 inches long. If you have ever been lucky enough to have been on Test Track when the ride shuts down, you know that when you cross the gap, the CMs have to take out a metal bridge and basically hold your hand as you walk across that two inch gap. That's my theory and something to consider. I'm sure that there's a way to engineer a solution, but it would take time and money.

Lora Baines Bradley

As I've stated before, Tron is one of my favorite franchises, so I may be a bit biased as to its presence in the parks. However, while I can't speak for everyone, I want Epcot to be true to its opening day version and not just Tomorrowland 2.0 with IPs shoved everywhere. I would be ecstatic to see Tron getting any kind of recognition in the parks, at least at first, before theming/quality comes into the picture. This is where I have a problem with it in Epcot.

From what I've seen from videos, Lightcycle Power Run looks awesome, and I will admit, I would love to see it come stateside. Does it belong in Epcot, though? This is where I'm torn: I am eager for Tron in the parks, but am I okay with the little of what's left of Epcot's thematic integrity being shot? I'm not really sure.

MaximumEd

As much as I hate it, the old Epcot, meaning the good Epcot, is done. Original themed rides, except the occasional Figment, HM, and Pirates, don't move merch in a close to guaranteed way. IP does. So, it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know what Disney will do to future Epcot plans. They want you to see the movie, buy the DVD, visit the park, ride the ride of the movies you saw, and buy the stuff. I'm just a redneck from Alabama and I managed to crack that code. I'm still hoping to be pleasantly surprised, but certainly not holding my breath.

lazyboy97o

I've only seen a YouTube video. I'm inclined to agree, but it does appear to add decent kinetics to Shanghai's Tomorrowland. It looks cool, but I'd rather see it in Tomorrowland.
That's really the fatal flaw of the attraction and Tomorrowland as a whole. So much money and effort was poured into that roof structure and the coaster outside that most everything else is a bit of an afterthought.
Tron can't be cloned because of the way you load. If you sit on the far side, you walk behind a row of light cycles and board the one on the other side. When you cross, there is a gap between where you step and the platforms on each side about 1-2 inches long. If you have ever been lucky enough to have been on Test Track when the ride shuts down, you know that when you cross the gap, the CMs have to take out a metal bridge and basically hold your hand as you walk across that two inch gap. That's my theory and something to consider. I'm sure that there's a way to engineer a solution, but it would take time and money.
There are already bike coasters in the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom