Pandora - The World of Avatar opening day reports

Jeffxz

An update on the river journey.

I rode on opening day and they were packing the boats pretty good. We were in a row with 4 adults and it was a tight squeeze. The row in front of us also had 4 adults and the other boats I saw were going out full.

Rode again today and they allowed just the 2 of us in a row by ourselves. The other row in our boat was also just 2 adults. The other boats I saw at load and unload were similar.

cjkeating

I rode on opening day and they were packing the boats pretty good. We were in a row with 4 adults and it was a tight squeeze. The row in front of us also had 4 adults and the other boats I saw were going out full.

Rode again today and they allowed just the 2 of us in a row by ourselves. The other row in our boat was also just 2 adults. The other boats I saw at load and unload were similar.

Hmmmm. I wonder if this is due to guest feedback or simply that the demand for River Journey has dropped off a lot?

Roakor

Hmmmm. I wonder if this is due to guest feedback or simply that the demand for River Journey has dropped off a lot?

given how short the ride is I'd guess demand for the ride has dropped off. Kinda like Frozen, unless your really really into it then its just not worth the wait. To me it seems its one of those "do it once an done" type rides. (once per visit that is).

Roakor

I have to wonder, what are the lines like at the other rides at animal kingdom? Have they all gotten a bump due to increased number of guest to the park. Or have they died down due to everyone trying to pack into Pandora?

MickeyCB

Well I pulled into the parking lot at 6:30 this morning. Around 6:45 they let people through bag check and up to the tapstiles. Then we waited there til about 7:15. Then they let people into the park and we all walked to the entrance to Pandora. Then they held us there for a really hot while until 7:40. Then finally into the queue. So I guess that's going to be the morning routine, a little later than I had thought from previous reviews. Then I was out of the FoP ride by about 8:30. By that time the FoP wait time said 295 minutes, lol. Then got a night blossom and headed to the river journey ride, about a 2 hour wait. It is doable if you get there first thing, but there will still be waits, like 90 min- 2 hour for each one instead of the 2-4 hour later

I was wondering if you know, on the mornings of EMH are they giving hotel guests entry preference from 7-8am, or is it just a bit of a free for all? We will be there in a week and a half, and I was planning on getting there for the 7 am EMH. Thanks

Jones14

I was wondering if you know, on the mornings of EMH are they giving hotel guests entry preference from 7-8am, or is it just a bit of a free for all? We will be there in a week and a half, and I was planning on getting there for the 7 am EMH. Thanks
EMH's give priority to hotel guests. They hold non-resort guests in the Oasis.

RSoxNo1

I sat as three single riders in one row on Tuesday.

MickeyCB

EMH's give priority to hotel guests. They hold non-resort guests in the Oasis.
Thank you very much! Really looking forward to seeing Pandora and when the other person said they were letting everyone in early I didn't know if it would be worth the early arrival for EMH. We are staying at Boulder Ridge.
Also, has anyone here used uber successfully to get to the parks early? We were planning on trying to be there by 6:30 am. Thanks.

disney4life2008

given how short the ride is I'd guess demand for the ride has dropped off. Kinda like Frozen, unless your really really into it then its just not worth the wait. To me it seems its one of those "do it once an done" type rides. (once per visit that is).

Thursday night RJ had a 105 minute wait at 8pm. My row was with other people. 3 adults can sit comfortably.

Kman101

It was beautiful. I got on safari right after the and almost every animal was out. Including the lions, we saw 2 animals making out lol, the cheetah gave a 2 legged stare to 3 zebra who wouldn't let us pass. It was the greatest safari ride i have had to date.

I've been on many safaris and mine on the 18th at 930am was fantastic. The male lion was finally awake, the cheetahs were on the move, mandrills were out, saw the baby elephant ... it was probably the best I've had and I usually have decent ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom