Pandora - The World of Avatar opening day reports

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
At 11:40 AM, Tuesday...

upload_2017-5-30_11-43-46.png

It's a good thing they refurbed Tough To Be a Bug, it's getting full theaters again.

For comparison:

7DMT - 100 min
Peter Pan, Jungle - 90
Space M - 85
Buzz, RnRC - 70
TSMM, Splash - 65
Soarin, FEA - 60
PotC - 55
ToT- 40

jt04

In total area it is much bigger than Cabana Bay's lobby. But a lot of it is scenery or small paths. But even then I would say the total walking space is still greater.

I think part of it is what environment they are trying to present. They could have gone Diagon Alley and had a Banshee store and a general store and a Na'vi ice cream shop and a Na'vi money exchange but Pandora is a more natural place so they stuck with "less is more".

At least for the time being.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
My AP was worth every penny for the preview alone. 5.5 hours of walk-on attractions and little wait for food and the shop. Looking forward to taking friends and family in the fall.

The preview was one of the nicest things TWDC has done for us. Almost enough to make you think they want our money. Almost. :joyfull:

doctornick

I think part of it is what environment they are trying to present. They could have gone Diagon Alley and had a Banshee store and a general store and a Na'vi ice cream shop and a Na'vi money exchange but Pandora is a more natural place so they stuck with "less is more".

A very valid point and I think that makes sense from a design standpoint. That said, for just pure functionality -- and even some storytelling value -- I think it would have made sense to have two shops in different locations (perhaps a second one between the bathrooms and NRJ on the east side of the land) with one being a larger more formal shop by ACE and a second shop being run by locals with a natural look and having more kitschy art stuff.

In terms of food, it might make sense to add some food carts with some seating on the path towards FOTLK. That seems like a long walk and has the space to allow some additional options. Don't know if anything is actually there now.

Rider

There is a small kiosk and ODV next to the restrooms by River Journey. It didn't have banshees but it had some shirts and other small items (and no line on Saturday!)

The ODV had the typical ice cream and Coke products.

It's also the Face painting place.

Jamie77

I still think our only hope will be rope drop. Waiting to see what it continues to be like through next week. :)

My original travel dates fell in line with the dates you are going to be there. I pushed it back a few weeks to get some things done in the weeks leading up to my trip. I can only hope it will help. I'm going to be positive and be happy that I can at least go to WDW this year.

KrzyKtty

My original travel dates fell in line with the dates you are going to be there. I pushed it back a few weeks to get some things done in the weeks leading up to my trip. I can only hope it will help. I'm going to be positive and be happy that I can at least go to WDW this year.
Exactly. If nothing else, I will be happy to see the land, and ride NRJ! I think that if we rope drop the EMH Morning though, we may be able to get on and off the ride in 1.5 hours....

Jamie77

Exactly. If nothing else, I will be happy to see the land, and ride NRJ! I think that if we rope drop the EMH Morning though, we may be able to get on and off the ride in 1.5 hours....

If I can see each Pandora ride at least once, I'm not going to worry about additional ride experiences. As long as Expedition Everest is running I'm happy. I never get enough of that one.

Jamie77

Line to get into the land starts at the pizzafari, goes back up to the main gate then back around to land itself. I can't even imagine how long it is just to get into the land itself. I got there for early magic hours and it was already backed up that far. I was told by a CM that by 330 am it was already backed up 4 hours just to get into the land, It's insane here.

:eek:

Ari23

How's the stock on the interactive banshees? We will be there June 15th and my daughter is hoping to get a blue one, she is a big avatar fan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom