Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Casper Gutman

So you think it's ok for a person that hasn't even been to WDW in 9 years, to comment on something he has never experienced or seen? As he does ALL over these forums? He is the one being dishonest and unappealing - as you are for defending him.

So no - I do NOT believe he has the right to comment on something until he has done something other than watch a youtube video, and listened to all the crap expounded by naysayers around here. Once he has visited all of the areas that he claims to know and love (which he has NEVER seen in person), then he can come here and yell and scream about how it all sucks then.

You don't get to decide what criteria people have to meet before they can have an opinion. And the number of times you have been to WDW do not make your arguments more valid than HMF's. This seems to upset you.

It's true that (with the partial exception of AK) Disney's parks are becoming less distinct as the organizing principle in each is neglected in favor of shoehorning in IPs. To that extent at least, HMF seems to be correct. The new MGM will be about being immersed in a movie - but so is Pandora at AK, the planned Guardians at Epcot (or Frozen, or Nemo...), and several rides at MK. Since MGM (like Uni) is totally abandoning the "behind-the-scenes" conceit - what makes it unique?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You don't get to decide what criteria people have to meet before they can have an opinion. And the number of times you have been to WDW do not make your arguments more valid than HMF's. This seems to upset you.
I guess you must either completely agree with him, or have not read all of his complete and utter nonsense rants. Or you're one of his parents. That's about all that makes sense.

Omegadiz

That studio theme idea I think would have the ability to please everyone. Imagine that the center of the park is themed to working studios and as you enter each of the lands and walk further through it, you get a super themed environment. Like if there was a Pixar land, it would have an entrance thats kinda studio where all the new pixar characters can hang about but as you travel further, you have the Toy Story land, Monstopolis, and a Metroville land (that eventually blends into a San Fransokyo area in a WDAS land). Lucasflim land would be broken into 2 with StarWars land and an equally detailed Indy land. Muppets conceptually stays the same etc, etc. The Studio theme could have some merrit without feeling like its exclusively business subsidiary related.

Nickels5

Last time I checked 9 years was not "Over a decade" Also, When I like something I am very generous with praise. I don't go out of my way looking for negativity, It usually finds me.
No you definitely look for the negative it's very obvious, no one is telling you that you can't have an opinion it's just that your opinion is invalid when you haven't experienced anything in person.

Winter

Not really "removing an entire road". Toy Story Land is going where backstage was, and now what is Pixar Place would become backstage. Basically, the way it is laid out, one can't happen without the other.
That's what I meant. I thought Pixar Place was pretty much gonna be the entrance to the Star Wars land without going through Toy Story land or going through a curve. Although it's not like it really matters considering nothing's really gonna be lost

roj2323

Not really considering Toy Story Mania's still gonna be open. I'm just surprised they're gonna completatly remove that entire road.
I'm not even remotely surprised. That whole area has been a choke point for guest traffic ever since it was opened to foot traffic. Somehow I think they will use the space for something guest related (retail perhaps) but it just won't be a footpath.

solidyne

So you think it's ok for a person that hasn't even been to WDW in 9 years, to comment on something he has never experienced or seen?

You don't get to decide what criteria people have to meet before they can have an opinion. And the number of times you have been to WDW do not make your arguments more valid than HMF's.

You're both right. People can have opinions, even wrong ones. :p

Casper Gutman

Actually, yes it does. Sorry, but if you haven't been to WDW in over a decade your opinion is truly irrelevant and invalid over those who go frequently. You cannot speak about something you have NO experience with, that's just common sense.

Tell you what... why not argue with the merits of his statements? Refute them with evidence that you've gleaned from your many trips. People can have a fairly accurate impression of a place by looking at videos and pictures and reading a diverse array of detailed opinions regarding it. Of course, actually going to that place does give you a more complete, unified impression. Thus, someone whose gone to the place should be at an advantage when arguing about it - no need to dismiss the speaker. Lay out a competing thesis and support it.

Trying to discount someone's opinion by attacking them personally is what you do when you can't actually address their claims. It is quintessentially intellectually dishonest.

Casper Gutman

Agreed 100%, its just sometimes his claims are downright absurd and are grounded in a nostalgia that's really useless to argue with.

I haven't read a lot of him, and I disagree with him on certain things - I think the changes to Pirates have been respectful and harmless, for instance.

People who are disturbed by the direction WDW is taking are in a minor bind. The only way WDW is likely to change is if people stop going - it's the only effective form of protest. At the same time, when you don't visit, you aren't as up to date on changes and people can dismiss your arguments more easily. I stopped my frequent trips to WDW about 6 or 7 years ago - I now go to and stay at Uni and visit a Disney park for 1 or 2 days of the trip. It means I'm still giving WDW money, but nowhere near as much.

There aren't a lot of great options for people who love theme parks, love WDW, but hate what has been happening to it for the last 15 years or so.

prfctlyximprct

74949163-8C42-44D5-B4ED-B43E0EE39398_zpsxbi8gcm8.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom