Closing of Tower of Terror (WDW)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
After reading a few of your posts, I can say you are a Disney purists to the bone.
Nothing wrong with that and I can respect that.
Just remember that you are talking with a 20's something person who hasn't been to WDW in over 9 years, and has NO idea what EPCOT was like in the 80's, as he wasn't even born yet. His knowledge only comes from google and youtube, so when he says they are ruining something, please remember the source has no idea what he is talking about.

Tom Morrow

Meh. Rocket AA is solid. Everything else looks rather basic. Props to WDI for making the screen's perspective plane shift with the riders. However, that line between Universal and Disney continues to blur. Might just be this video but screens look painfully obvious. Awaiting a firsthand review.
Yeah, the screens are a bit disappointing, I was hoping for a pepper's ghost effect on top of a physical scene, akin to the original.

Still, despite not being a fan of this idea at all, or even a fan of the movies, it looks like they did a pretty good job with what they had to work with, IMO. Dare I say it, it looks more fun than the old version.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Oh, It is, seeing as how Iger and Chapek are number 4 and 5 on my most hated persons list. But no one is blameless, In fact having this on your resume' should get you fired from WDI in my opinion.

That's got to be one of the dumbest comments on this thread.....

If you are so outraged, then direct that outrage where it really belongs...at the decision makers. Write a letter to Iger and Chapek. However, you need to loose the nasty tone of your posts. Be succinct and constructive. Behaving like a toddler in a tantrum will get your concerns dismissed and your letter in the trash.

While I may not agree with what Disney did, I understand from a business perspective. Disney paid $4B for Marvel. I'm sure part of the decision to purchase was using those extremely popular characters in their parks. But the contract Marvel executed with Uni years ago precludes using some of the most popular and iconic - and thus profitable - characters in their most popular property. Remember the discussions about which monorail could have an Iron Man skin and not run afoul of the Uni contract?

Your anger at Rohde is akin to shooting the messenger.....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just remember that you are talking with a 20's something person who hasn't been to WDW in over 9 years, and has NO idea what EPCOT was like in the 80's, as he wasn't even born yet. His knowledge only comes from google and youtube, so when he says they are ruining something, please remember the source has no idea what he is talking about.
Seems like you were talking with someone who's no longer on the forum...

Goob

If you are so outraged, then direct that outrage where it really belongs...at the decision makers. Write a letter to Iger and Chapek. However, you need to loose the nasty tone of your posts. Be succinct and constructive. Behaving like a toddler in a tantrum will get your concerns dismissed and your letter in the trash.

While I may not agree with what Disney did, I understand from a business perspective. Disney paid $4B for Marvel. I'm sure part of the decision to purchase was using those extremely popular characters in their parks. But the contract Marvel executed with Uni years ago precludes using some of the most popular and iconic - and thus profitable - characters in their most popular property. Remember the discussions about which monorail could have an Iron Man skin and not run afoul of the Uni contract?

Like like like like like like etc etc etc.....

Kamikaze

He thinks Rohde should quit on principle instead of work on 'IPs'. Just ignore him, because its uninformed, unintelligent nonsense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom