Closing of Tower of Terror (WDW)

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
He could take the money and run.

Why? If he enjoys what he does - and by all appearances he loves his job - why wouldn't he want to stay and influence/impact decisions made by corporate? My thought is that based upon the positive reviews of Pandora, his influence within the company will only grow....and personally, I don't think that's a bad thing.

HMF

Why? If he enjoys what he does - and by all appearances he loves his job - why wouldn't he want to stay and influence/impact decisions made by corporate? My thought is that based upon the positive reviews of Pandora, his influence within the company will only grow....and personally, I don't think that's a bad thing.
Anyone, who thinks turning Tower of Terror into Guardians of the Galaxy is even thinkable should be purged from the Walt Disney Company.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Anyone, who thinks turning Tower of Terror into Guardians of the Galaxy is even thinkable should be purged from the Walt Disney Company.

I don't believe that decision was his...he just had to execute it based on what Bob, Bob, and the BoD wanted. So, he should have quit in a snit? You can't influence the decision makers if you're on the outside.....

Herbie

I wish I had paid attention to this thread. When we were at wdw last week, the only items they had left with Twilight Zone on them were a few t-shirts, one kind of mug, one kind of hat, one kind of plastic cup, and a Clue game. Everything else had "Hollywood Tower Hotel".
The HTH symbol was on most everything else even the shopping tote. I looked on the merch app and those were the same items on there. The game wasn't on the app. Since there were only three left, I went ahead and bought one.
I did find a couple of pins. In another gift shop, I found a glass with The Great Movie Ride on one side and The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror on the other. They had a plate for The Great Movie Ride that matched the glass, but they didn't have any TZ ones left. There were only a few of the glasses left.
I wanted to go to one of the outlets, to see if they had anything else, but we ran out of time.

Where was this shop (with the Great Movie Ride merch)?!

KLinder7

Anyone else notice the comment James Gunn made on his facebook page? He posted a picture saying he was going to the grand opening. The below is from the comments section.
upload_2017-5-25_15-25-49.png

HMF

I really hope that 1-3 are some combination of individual and groups of terrorists. Hate is a strong word only reserved for people that feel no remorse in taking another's life.
I agree with you but if we really must continue this conversation I suggest we take it to the Political Forum.

HMF

Since the ToT is visible from the Morraco Land in Epcot, and it is painted to match and fit into the skyline, wouldn't that require a huge facade buildup to cover the futuristic tower from Epcot View?
Yes, IF the Florida Tower was in danger of being turned into this monstrosity. but instead it will end up destroying Future World most likely.

Tom Morrow

Since the ToT is visible from the Morraco Land in Epcot, and it is painted to match and fit into the skyline, wouldn't that require a huge facade buildup to cover the futuristic tower from Epcot View?
If still cared about how stuff looks from miles away, Everest would be a complete mountain structure and Flight of Passage's show building wouldn't be extremely obvious from the parking lot. The Soarin' building would be disguised better.

Disney is still the best in the biz for sightlines by a wide margin though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom