Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kman101

I don't believe specifics are determined, but I've heard mention of the railroad for additions leading up to the 50th. No idea if these dinos would be considered. I'd imagine the mechanics of the AAs will end up somewhere. Why chuck them?

Additions to the railroad would be really nice! I too doubt they'd chuck the AAs, no reason to.

njDizFan

Saying that employers should be responsible for paying unskilled entry level positions enough to cover all of ones living expenses and sometimes those of an entire family is an "unthought out statement born of easy answer ignorance." You know how much a job pays when you take it. It's your responsibility to find a way to support yourself, not the responsibility of your employer. I get that working for Disney made you anger and bitter towards them and I don't honestly blame you. But nobody should expect to serve fries at a fast food restaurant or park strollers and turn that into a career capable of supporting themselves.
I can agree to that point also, if on the opposing view the same could be said for all other labor positions. Why should you be able to support a family by emptying garbage cans for the city or spreading tar of roofs or packing boxes at printing factory. Many people in this country expect a good wage to support a family on a high school diploma because that is what has occurred for the last few generations. Our country was built on a growing middle class of unskilled or semi skilled labor. Who is to say somebody should make 50-70K/year in manufacturing job (a big point of contention in this political environment-not enough manufacturing jobs) but there is little value in being a line cook or front of the line employee at the theme park. What is the differentiation? Society and market forces have valued these roles differently but really neither require exceptional amounts of training or education.

jt04

It's such a shame to see them stray from a full utilization of these pavilions. World of Motion was a brilliant use of the space and then they cut it down and built the track outside of it. So lazy. Seems like a similar situation will happen with Energy.

WoM had declining ridership. It would have never needed a fastpass. Same for horizons. Their replacements have proven significantly more popular. Energy is a logical next choice for an upgrade.

BrianLo

Isn't it unusual that they'd start work on expanding the show building without having a solid replacement plan yet?

Sometimes these things are actually set in motion and it takes a while for the information to shake out. @marni1971 isnt on the Chapek email chain... well maybe he is.

Star Wars is a good recent example. It managed to move plots and hugely shift timeframes (which certainly didn't happen overnight). It took insiders a good 3-6 months after the decision occurred for the information to start leaking its way down to their sources. But we can retrospectively see clues were there that the decision occurred well before they heard otherwise.

Hundreds of people know before they will and thousands of people know before they feel comfortable telling us.

HMF

Will the existing UoE Building be utilized? If so then it will make tearing down Horizons look even dumber.

peter11435

I agree and many do, but it's by no means easy and it shouldn't be a condition for living. The basic necessities should be taken care of. Luxuries and non-essentials should have a price.
It's not easy but life isn't supposed to be easy. We obviously just have very different mindsets on this issue. I believe that it should be your responsibility to make sure your basic necessities are taken care. Not someone else's.

This conversation has nothing to do with the thread and really should not continue here.

Nickels5

WoM had declining ridership. It would have never needed a fastpass. Same for horizons. Their replacements have proven significantly more popular. Energy is a logical next choice for an upgrade.
I could not disagree more. Quality has significantly declined in replacements. There is no argument there.
i take test track over wom but I would also take horizons over mission space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom