Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

phi2134

It appears that they are finally starting to work on the entrance.
HollywoodStudios-ToyStoryLand-entrance-0517017-5.jpg
Starting to take down the walkway?

Goofyernmost

I've not seen any plans for this but, I'm not sure that there would be any need to take down the walkway bridge unless they are tearing down a building it is attached to. It's not like anyone is going to bump their head on it walking under it and it would make a good base for a creative entry to Toy Story Land. Someone may know if they are going tear it down, I'm just thinking out loud (in print).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

I've not seen any plans for this but, I'm not sure that there would be any need to take down the walkway bridge unless they are tearing down a building it is attached to. It's not like anyone is going to bump their head on it walking under it and it would make a good base for a creative entry to Toy Story Land. Someone may know if they are going tear it down, I'm just thinking out loud (in print).

Walkway and "studio" 4 should both be going. Sadly but that's just me.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That is to bad... is it just to make a wider path for the entrance? I'm drawing a blank here, has Studio 4 been used for anything in the recent (post studio) past?
It was never a "real" studio. Originally it was the ramp down and exhibit space for the walking tour (housing props from "The Lottery"). More recent times have seen it house exhibits from the HM movie, Narnia, and the PotC movies wannabe show. And another movie tie in thingy whose name escapes me at the moment. And of course the famous relaxation and recharge lounge.

Yes, it's for a wider TSL path. Once last the OMD entrance the path should curve to the right, pass the retained TSMM bathrooms, the TSMM garage building and and then cross the fire lane into the new land.

Timothy_Q

Yes, it's for a wider TSL path. Once last the OMD entrance the path should curve to the right, pass the retained TSMM bathrooms, the TSMM garage building and and then cross the fire lane into the new land.

So OMD is staying? I had read somewhere it was also getting demo'd for TS entrance

Goofyernmost

It was never a "real" studio. Originally it was the ramp down and exhibit space for the walking tour (housing props from "The Lottery"). More recent times have seen it house exhibits from the HM movie, Narnia, and the PotC movies wannabe show. And another movie tie in thingy whose name escapes me at the moment. And of course the famous relaxation and recharge lounge.

Seems like I remember that ramp. Did it kind of wind itself around the walls with some type of display in the middle, like a catwalk type thing or am I thinking of something else.

HMF

I had to LOL today when I heard a woman by the Toy Story Land concept art state "they need more than two rides". I laugh because it's true and the average guest notices how little there is to do and that they need more. IDK what went wrong with the DHS makeover.
Disney has a habit of assuming their guests are dumber than they actually are.

note2001

Quick vent: I know this has been said over and over, but sort of assumed it was just us Disney-holics who took notice. Fairly recently a family I follow on youtube went to Disney world on the husband's first trip since he was small. He knew Disney owned Pixar, and was dying to meet Walle. He was sorely disappointed that all he found in Pixar place was Toy Story, and even resorted to taking a picture of himself with a trash can as a Walle substitute.

With all the wonderful material coming out of Pixar, why is Disney so in love with Toy Story? Pixar Place should be much more than one film, or series of films.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Quick vent: I know this has been said over and over, but sort of assumed it was just us Disney-holics who took notice. Fairly recently a family I follow on youtube went to Disney world on the husband's first trip since he was small. He knew Disney owned Pixar, and was dying to meet Walle. He was sorely disappointed that all he found in Pixar place was Toy Story, and even resorted to taking a picture of himself with a trash can as a Walle substitute.

With all the wonderful material coming out of Pixar, why is Disney so in love with Toy Story? Pixar Place should be much more than one film, or series of films.

Toy Story Land will fix this problem since "Pixar Place" will go away and the entire area will be themed to Toy Story. Personally I don't like the idea of a specific studio being a theme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom