The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

My Iris' are up but not blooming yet. I'm not a big fan of the ones I have. They are pretty enough but they are too tall and tend to fall to the surface-top heavy.

Snow???Oy 86 degrees today Friday 56 high. I'll be covering the tomatoes again. :rolleyes: But we still have mushie ground and yet my containers of flowers and veggies along with grass seed want water.
C_-BnxJXYAAZslj.jpg

This is SUPPOSED to be Prairie Tall-grass :cyclops:
I feel bad for anyone trying to grow anything, except weeds...they seem to survive anything!

betty rose

Actually a snow melt would be a better water source for the plants. Maybe you should bring some snow to drought Florida.

I watched Sam's Club watering their potted flowers and landscaping. They were ripping open large bags of ice and putting it on top of the soil of the plant containers. Slow release of water vs most of it running onto the ground. Not a bad idea.
I like that idea too. The mountains may get 24 inches of snow. I would gladly give all of it to Florida!;););)

betty rose

Thanks...it's hard, but I'm at peace about it...he was 84, so he had a good long life. And I just saw him last Summer, so I have no regrets like "Oh if only I had gone and seen him one more time". And we found out that the mine was making him move off the ranch...he sold the land (surface only) decades ago and he leased it back to live on. Now they are wanting to mine the coal adjacent to his house and so he was going to have to move. I'm thinking perhaps he just kind of had enough. To be 84 and faced with moving from the only home you've ever had, and having to give up the identity as "rancher", because he was going to have to sell all the cattle. I think he was done. The last thing I said to him was that I love him and to let me know what the doctor said, so he knew I cared. He went in his sleep...can't ask for much more than a peaceful exit at an old age, knowing your family loves you, right? I'm still sad and I miss him, but I'm coping.
That is the best story. I always told my parents that I loved them. I was much later in life, to know they did their best. It was funny, but I woke up each time at night being told in my head to go home. I went and each parent died after I had visited. Same with my brother. My family wants to know lottery numbers! I keep telling them it doesn't work that way!:angelic::angelic::angelic: angels, in my life....

betty rose

I've been so productive today! I got rid of my paper recycling, mowed both my front and back yard, and made scans and lists of all my travel and funeral expenses for while I was in the states and got them sent to my lawyer so I can get paid back from the estate when the money comes in. So yay. And last night I had choir and it was SOOOO nice to sing again. And I was the only 1st Soprano there, and it went really well even though this is only like...my 4th or 5th rehearsal with them. They dug out an old arrangement but didn't have the music for it yet (well, not enough to hand out) but most of them know it from long ago, and I was able to follow along. The soprano part ends up in the rafters and it was so much fun...my old choir never got up that high because I was the only one who could do it, but this group is a higher quality one, requiring an audition. So it was fantastic to sing up there in the higher register again...it's been a LONG time.
Have I mentioned I'm so glad to be back home???
@betty rose , can I have some of that snow, please? It's supposed to be over 80 degrees tomorrow and I don't know if I can handle that heat right now!! (that's why I mowed today....no way am I going out there in the heat to do it tomorrow and it's supposed to rain Thursday and Friday)
I am more than happy to share our great fortune of snow....(not)! Please be my guest. :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

betty rose

I mowed my grass a few days ago, and now I am working on getting the bare patches filled in. Some of the grass seed has sprouted. I'll just keep tossing additional see out there every week, or so, and I should have some good grass by Summer's end. No yard work for me today. I divided the hosts yesterday, and my back is super sore today. My face pain has been super annoying the last few days as well. Especially at night.
I hope you get a good night's sleep , nothing goes well without sleep!

betty rose

Her family would be a good example of when a Disney DVC is a sound investment. We considered it way back when my DD was just born and my DS had already been to The World 7 times by her first visit. I'm not a gambler and talked myself out of it. When the economy tanked for many years it would have been a burden, same as the almost decade while they were in college, our trips were few and far apart. We would have been forced to sell the points likely and during the recession the cost per point favored the buyer greatly.

For @StarWarsGirl family the DVC has likely worked out even better than the sales pitches promise. Unfortunately like my God Daughter has found out sometimes it doesn't work that way, she bought it when she was single and childless, a good income for a single person.
For us, we have the advantage of the investment, We have made our money back at least 2 times, maybe almost 3. Even with the annual dues. Our grandsons have benefited so much from learning about different people, cultures and getting to grow with Disney. They learned how to make change, they bought their own toy's etc. Now they evaluate whether a meal is worth it or not. Most often , not. Money wise...but the experience of family traditions has meant a lot to all of us. We didn't have to put the purchase on payment's or a credit, we used an inheritance. Hubby's family was all about vacations, so we honored them, in this way.

betty rose

Oh I think you need to follow our beloved @Tuvalu

I'm trying to remember correctly but it was like she had a trip every month last year and a few where she was home a week and back to The World again. She writes the funniest trip reports and sometime her commentary on guests she spies is brilliantly funny.

Any Who Tuvalu makes @StarWarsGirl seem like a rookie newbie ;)
I need to find her. I'm a very newbie! I can watch from afar, with awe!;););)

betty rose

Planes have been on my mind today because of the crash in NJ. It was down the street from where on of my friends used to live, I had a teacher that lived down the other end of the road and I worked briefly around the corner from that airport and had flown out of it many times. I haven't brought myself to find out all the details of the crash. I may not because from what I've gathered it was a very sad event.
My sympathy. Life can hit you between the eye's when you least expect it. I hope you can find peace...xoxo

betty rose

Sounds like a bunch of you were super productive today especially with your gardening. I'm jealous I haven't bought my plants yet, but I might this Thursday.

Kapono and I took a walk today we had to cut it short as westarted to get rained on, and I stopped to smell my neighbors lilacs(hers smells better than mine) and I saw a butterfly feeding on the nectar. That was pretty cool I took a couple pictures to share.
View attachment 205443

View attachment 205444

View attachment 205445

And a picture of my lilac bush. It is the first time it has bloomed this much since I have loved here and it has been almost 12 years.
View attachment 205446

By the way I would have tried to get better pictures but a little schnauzer kept pulling her leash that was on my wrist. I guess she saw home and wanted to get there.:)
Beautiful. I tried growing lilacs, they never bloomed, and died after a couple years. I learned that plants last best in pots out here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom