The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
My SIL is coming today from NJ to housesit. She has a massive green thumb, and it is a good thing because the cucumber and zucchini and grape tomato plants we planted a few weeks ago died.:( Darned that late frost.:cry: She can help me replant before we leave TOMORROW!!!!:):):):):)
Sympathy like for your plants. Safe travels tomorrow btw which way did you decide to go down?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thanks for asking. We just had some rain and the occasional storm yesterday and rain today. A little further north there was a tornado that wiped out a trailer park. I killed one person, and about 27 injured. Our little village got asked to send an ambulance unit too. I guess some people are still unaccounted for. And then my sisters church got struck by lightning and started on fire, luckily it was put out quickly.
OMG that's horrible, stay safe xoxo

MySmallWorldof4

Sympathy like for your plants. Safe travels tomorrow btw which way did you decide to go down?
Thanks. We will check riad traffic around DC before we leave. If the outer circle is too busy then we will just stick with 81 and take that down until SC and then cross over to 95. We have a hotel booked off 95 in Savannah for tomorrow night. At least we should have a rain free drive. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
We used to get those here, but for some reason I don't see them anymore.

I just saw sweet 100's at Walmart in all stages of growth. Walmart carries a national brand so maybe they have them by you. This year they are green containers and woven cages attached, so you get a maturing plant, container and cage for about $12 and all you have to do is water it.
Similar to this when purchased
d7904103eaed1cc1b10ab88647640082.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Well, I look at it as really good news that he's NOT labeled with Autism. Just gifted, with a significant gap between the cognitive and application sides. We knew he was intelligent, and they say that often comes with autism, but it was more his need for routine and lack of social skills that made us think autism. It's nice to know it's NOT that, and he can be TAUGHT to use the knowledge he has. Right now it just kind of gets stuck....in the moment where he needs to access the knowledge to apply it, he panics and doesn't know where to start. So we have to teach him how to break the steps down and put them in order, to come up with a plan to complete whatever action is required. I agree that I think a lot of kids are labeled with autism when doctors don't know what else to diagnose them with...it's like the catch-all for kids who are awkward. What really struck me is that they wanted to test him for ADHD, Autism, and Anxiety because the surveys we filled out flagged all of those as possibilities. WE asked for an IQ test and the gal said "Well, we really aren't that interested in what his IQ is, but I suppose we can do a test so we can see how he handles difficult tasks, how he reacts to success and to failure....we can get more about how his brain works from the IQ test, so sure." So that was something that we initiated and it ended up being the test that gave the most information about what was wrong. And the girl who administered the test said he got really upset with one section because he told her "It should be really easy. I should be able to do this" and was completely frustrated because he couldn't. And it was a puzzle thing where he needed to break it down into steps to solve it...that's exactly what his problem is. His math score was REALLY high...that's his favorite and he is really good at that. But give him something where he has to form his own step by step plan, he doesn't know where to begin.

I so happy this is finally happening for him. I made a comment early on to my peditrician, DD was about two, this Doc had real forward thing diagnostic skills. He played with her and observed however she wouldn't speak to him but would follow directions. I had issues with our school district cause she was 2 and they didn't want to take her for early childhood intervention. My peditrician told me they MUST. Long story but Easter Seals helped me in so many ways with her and how to make sure the schools did everything required and how to present to the district. When her IQ was tested they did not want to write an IEP for disability being non verbal and an IEP for being Gifted as her IQ was very high. I won that one two but you shouldn't have to win and fight for your child to educated properly. And there is when I pounded a sign in the ground, got a petition to be placed on the ballot for our elected school board. I didn't want other parent to have to continue to fight for services, we had the freak'n special ed staff already.

Any who it all did work out in the end. She graduated from a top University with a double major in Math and Statistics. Yesterday at work a presenter from her department called in sick and 20 minutes prior they dumped a presentation to the staff in her lap. She pulled off the speech before hundreds of people without any prep. So with the right services it amazing what our kids can pull off. I hope for the same with your son. :inlove:

93boomer

Premium Member
My SIL is coming today from NJ to housesit. She has a massive green thumb, and it is a good thing because the cucumber and zucchini and grape tomato plants we planted a few weeks ago died.:( Darned that late frost.:cry: She can help me replant before we leave TOMORROW!!!!:):):):):)
Yayyy!!!!! Have a safe trip down!! Clear the way for us! lol See ya down there, I hope! :)

MySmallWorldof4

I just saw sweet 100's at Walmart in all stages of growth. Walmart carries a national brand so maybe they have them by you. This year they are green containers and woven cages attached, so you get a maturing plant, container and cage for about $12 and all you have to do is water it.
Similar to this when purchased
d7904103eaed1cc1b10ab88647640082.jpg
I bought 2 of those at Lowes. The lower leaves are yellowing. :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom