working out for Disney

93boomer

Premium Member
Hello-

I've been busy. I didn't stop working out, though. I did take a break last week, I took a quick 5 day trip to WDW. My husband's been traveling weekly, so I just felt like I needed to get out. I have an annual pass, I found cheap flights and a cheap room.

I am doing a Fitness Blender 2 month program. It's OK so far. I do like that I don't have to sit and agonize which workout I should do. Now, I have a calendar, I click on the date and the work out starts.

I am less than 2 lbs away from my goal. But I have a feeling I won't make goal this week, either. (Thank you, hormonal water retention.) I will focus on the 33 lbs I have lost since November. :)

I am making tofu-avocado rice bowls for dinner tonight.

I hope everyone is doing well. :)
Hi!! Missed you! We leave Sat for the world! Glad you got to take a break and relax! Congrats on the weight loss! Awesome! :)

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning!! With 3 days til Disney, I haven't checked in. I am still walking and doing weights. I am still doing my yoga a few times a week. It really helps me de-stress.
Meals are whatever I have in the fridge or freezer plus salads. Trying to clean it out! Lol

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I've been busy. I didn't stop working out, though. I did take a break last week, I took a quick 5 day trip to WDW. My husband's been traveling weekly, so I just felt like I needed to get out. I have an annual pass, I found cheap flights and a cheap room.

I am doing a Fitness Blender 2 month program. It's OK so far. I do like that I don't have to sit and agonize which workout I should do. Now, I have a calendar, I click on the date and the work out starts.

I am less than 2 lbs away from my goal. But I have a feeling I won't make goal this week, either. (Thank you, hormonal water retention.) I will focus on the 33 lbs I have lost since November. :)

Congrats on your trip and all the weight loss.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm still working out and trying to sleep when I can. Today I was up early and got in 5 advanced miles LS and JM's upper body. I'm going to get my deck ready for all the plants sometime today:joyfull: I have rice, tomatoes, spinach, broccoli and white beans(cooked) time to think and get a bit creative at dinner time LOL oops almost forgot I'm over1/2 way through 30 days of yoga today is day 17:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Songbird76

Hello-

Oh I'm soooooo jealous! I so need a vacation now! DH and I are going on a long weekend trip next week now that I am back home. A whole month apart does not suit either of us, but I'm just still so stressed, I need Disney. So I booked for October at DLP, but that seems SO far away! I wish I was going to WDW, and I wish it was NOW!! Way to go on being so close to your goal!

I went back to work last night for the first time in about a month and a half or so...it went pretty well! I thought the walking might bother me, but it really didn't.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning yesterday was so nice I made believe I was at Disney and did 12 miles(5inside) and a bit of splashing in the pool. I even ate like I was at Disney sans adult beverage, quinoa salad for lunch and veggie pasta for dinner:joyfull: I got my 5 inside miles done, my group is going walking and we're going to the pool sans kids:) leftovers for lunch and dinner:joyfull:

Sans Souci

Oh I'm soooooo jealous! I so need a vacation now! DH and I are going on a long weekend trip next week now that I am back home. A whole month apart does not suit either of us, but I'm just still so stressed, I need Disney. So I booked for October at DLP, but that seems SO far away! I wish I was going to WDW, and I wish it was NOW!! Way to go on being so close to your goal!

I went back to work last night for the first time in about a month and a half or so...it went pretty well! I thought the walking might bother me, but it really didn't.

Yikes! A month apart? You guys definitely need a nice, long weekend trip together. I regret not going to DLP when we lived in London, but I thought we would have so much more time. I never thought my husband's job would be downsized eight months after moving there. LOL

Sans Souci

Good morning yesterday was so nice I made believe I was at Disney and did 12 miles(5inside) and a bit of splashing in the pool. I even ate like I was at Disney sans adult beverage, quinoa salad for lunch and veggie pasta for dinner:joyfull: I got my 5 inside miles done, my group is going walking and we're going to the pool sans kids:) leftovers for lunch and dinner:joyfull:

These past few days, I am almost regretting not buying this house we saw with an inground pool. LOL

I ate at Tangierine Cafe last week and had the veggie platter. My absolute favorite QS at WDW. :inlove::hungry:

Songbird76

Yikes! A month apart? You guys definitely need a nice, long weekend trip together. I regret not going to DLP when we lived in London, but I thought we would have so much more time. I never thought my husband's job would be downsized eight months after moving there. LOL
Well, I've been here for almost 15 years and I've been to WDW twice since I moved here and I've never been to DLP. I should have gone LONG before now, but to be honest, I'm a bit scared that I am spoiled by WDW and I will be disappointed.
And yes, a month apart...my kids had to go back to school and my husband had to go back to work and it was taking so much longer than I thought it would to deal with my dad's estate. I was there for 6 weeks and it's still not done and I'm so stressed out about it, but hubby couldn't keep taking time off to be with the kids when they got out of school. I had to come back and I guess I will l just have to make another trip to settle things when we find out if we have to go through probate or not. So it was also a WASTED month because I couldn't DO anything most of that time. Once the funeral was arranged, I hit a brick wall. So I could have just as well come home after the 2nd week once we got the death certificates. Hindsight. Did I mention how far away October seems??

Songbird76

Hello--

Today is a rest day, but I am going to for a little stroll shortly.

Yesterday I did a HIIT workout that used a barbell and some free weights. It was hard, but I liked that it used weights to get the heart rate up and not lots of jumping.

Today is my weigh in and I am .8 lbs. from my goal. Sooo close now! :cat:
Way to go!! When do you want to have reached the goal? Is there a specific timeline?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I ate at Tangierine Cafe last week and had the veggie platter. My absolute favorite QS at WDW. :inlove::hungry:

I was just down there this week (got home last night). Tangierine Cafe is definitely one of the best QS on all of Disney's properties.

It was hot this week and I actually enjoyed the Flower & Garden food stands in World Showcase. When I'm hot, I don't eat a lot, and I found the small plates were a better option for me for some of my meals, if I was at EPCOT that day. Morocco had a really tasty sausage that they served on a finger roll. My other favorite was the spring rolls over in China. I don't know what's in the dipping sauce, but it was delicious! :hungry:

Oh, congrats on the weight loss!!

Songbird76

My exercise was scrubbing my floor today. Hubby didn't really clean anything while I was gone...of course, he was working most of the time, but it means I was way behind on house work and once the jet lag was over, I went back to work, too. So since we are celebrating DD's birthday this weekend, I had a LOT of cleaning to do. I was a sweaty, stinky mess, but now I'm showered and there are 3 happy girls downstairs watching Netflix and I can relax.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
My exercise was scrubbing my floor today. Hubby didn't really clean anything while I was gone...of course, he was working most of the time, but it means I was way behind on house work and once the jet lag was over, I went back to work, too. So since we are celebrating DD's birthday this weekend, I had a LOT of cleaning to do. I was a sweaty, stinky mess, but now I'm showered and there are 3 happy girls downstairs watching Netflix and I can relax.
Enjoy your rest! You've earned it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
OMG what a hectic weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many places to be, way too much on my to do list and a serious lack of sleep! All my plants and seeds are in and at least I'm keeping up with 30 days of yoga. Nobody will be here or they'll be sleeping tomorrow so I'll be back to my regularly scheduled routine tomorrow:joyfull: ps I'm going to bed early tonight after some bedtime yoga/meditation I need it

Songbird76

OMG what a hectic weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many places to be, way too much on my to do list and a serious lack of sleep! All my plants and seeds are in and at least I'm keeping up with 30 days of yoga. Nobody will be here or they'll be sleeping tomorrow so I'll be back to my regularly scheduled routine tomorrow:joyfull: ps I'm going to bed early tonight after some bedtime yoga/meditation I need it
Bedtime yoga...is that a specific thing? Or do you just do some yoga before bed? I'd like to try it if it's a specific thing to help you wind down for sleep. I am TERRIBLE about bed time. It takes me hours to fall asleep some nights. My husband lies down and is out like a light in minutes, but I toss and turn for at least an hour every night. Anything that might help me get to sleep faster is worth a try. Enjoy your routine!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom