Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of Two Trips (finally moving on from the PTR)

Hello everyone!!! I'm sorry for the long delay, but I am finally starting my TR :) I apologize in advance for the insane amount of pictures :) I got a new camera and took over 3000 pictures and videos! If you did not read my PTR I went on two trips in the span of a few weeks...hence the title :) I will split them in two but keep it all in the same thread. Also, I have a lot of last minute residency requirements to navigate through the next few weeks or so so I'm sorry if this takes me forever! Anyway, enough of me rambling - let's begin!

First trip!
Who?

From left to right: Me (Megan), my Mom (Mary), and my sister (Jill)
IMG_2988.JPG

When?
March 11, 2017 - March 18, 2017

Where?
First time staying an entire trip here...the Polynesian!

Why?
I had to take an exam in Kissimmee on the 14th and I got the whole week off from work to go :) My Mom and sister came along for the ride.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
It's so uncomfortable! We waked by him on our last trip and the line was made up entirely of middle-aged women waiting to meet him :hilarious:

:p:p I tried to get my Mom to take a picture with him since she forced me and she refused

Even Tarzan's face in that picture is hilarious. I love everything about that awkward photo LOL.

:joyfull::joyfull: I just feel bad for the CM who has to play him..he does a great job with the character though :)

joshsprincess921

Oh I really do wish I could have tried the Octopus...what did it taste like? If you can even describe it?

It didn't have your normal seafood taste and we eat a lot of seafood in Louisiana. It also wasn't as rubbery as the octopus I've had at sushi places. It had a nice char on it and was tender. Hard to describe, but I had to hold myself back from licking the plate. LOL!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7
This morning it was a combination of both "George" and my Dad texting us that woke us up early. We were destined to be up at or before 7 most of this trip :rolleyes:
My Mom asked me if I wanted a big breakfast this morning (like to try for Whispering Canyon Cafe again) and I said no...I felt kind of bad until I realized the MK opened at 7 and it was probably a good idea that I said no :)
DSC_3245_1.jpg

I wrote down "crabby" CM taking our photos but I think she was just crabby about all these people in the background of our pictures :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7998561803.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7998561809.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7998563455.jpeg

Since we were on a Buzz kick we headed over there and with a 5 minute wait went on 3 times :)
I only got two of the pictures :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7998576923.jpeg
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7998582233.jpeg

After Buzz we did Barnstormer. I know this is super kiddie but we like it :)
DSC_3253_1.jpg

DSC_3254_1.jpg

DSC_3257_1.jpg

Next up: More MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
In the heat of the Florida summers, I'd rather be dressed as Tarzan than in a Minnie suit though!!

That is a very valid point!

It didn't have your normal seafood taste and we eat a lot of seafood in Louisiana. It also wasn't as rubbery as the octopus I've had at sushi places. It had a nice char on it and was tender. Hard to describe, but I had to hold myself back from licking the plate. LOL!

HAHA! Well maybe someday but I can't see myself trying it anytime soon :) I can barely stomach shrimp :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
It was finally time for our first FP!
DSC_3262_1.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7998603980.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7998604006.jpeg

After our nice ride we headed over to HM but it was closed so we had a replacement FP to use....why not BTMR?!
But first, a picture :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7998634369.jpeg

DSC_3266_1.jpg

Morris Code, Manager :) Never saw this before!
DSC_3268_1.jpg

Of course, she already wrote about it but at this point @Tuvalu sent me a message asking if it was a good time to meet up and it was the perfect time! It was so great getting to spend some actual time with her and to finally meet @TrolleyFollower91 ! We had a lovely chat about our current trips and upcoming plans! At one point, though, @TrolleyFollower91 did call me un-American when I said I didn't really like ice cream :p:rolleyes::joyfull::hilarious:
I did the best editing I could on this picture to make it at least somewhat brighter!
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7998656286.jpeg

I'm sure this is not the last time our paths will cross!
Eventually we did have to go our separate ways and my Mom and I headed off to our last FP for the morning
DSC_3274_1.jpg

My Mom was appropriately wearing her Winnie the Pooh shirt :)
DSC_3276_1.jpg

DSC_3279_1.jpg

Next up: more Pooh!

TrolleyFollower91

I was so excited to try out my long lens for an evening safari. However, this mother daughter duo failed to follow instructions and slid right into our seats leaving the rest of their family behind (and a very confused CM :confused:). Like how do you not realize you were arranged so you could be with the rest of your family :bored:. I suppose at least it wasn't as awkward as @TrolleyFollower91 's Spaceship Earth experience.

I want to print these as business cards and hand them out.
Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 4.58.50 PM.png

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued!
DSC_3280_1.jpg

DSC_3284_1.jpg

DSC_3285_1.jpg

We decided to have lunch after this so we headed to an old favorite
DSC_3287_1.jpg

We ordered some flatbreads and fries and enjoyed our lunch outside in the sun
DSC_3290_1.jpg

I started getting an aura to indicate I would be getting a migraine after this so I was super bummed. Luckily for me it surprisingly never came and eventually I got my vision back :)
We for some reason decided to head to Epcot after this so we headed out of the park
Pooh is so cute!
DSC_3292_1.jpg

I completely forgot that there was no bus to Epcot and with the new security we would have had to go back through to get on the monorail so we decided to just take the Boardwalk bus and walked over.
For some odd reason we deiced to try the Photo Booth...clearly we couldn't find the camera :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_WDWRESORTSANDMORE_7998798079.jpeg

It is cool that you can use Photopass in the booths though :)
In Epcot we noticed this huge fire cloud
DSC_3303_1.jpg

This must have made semi-national news because people from home were texting us about it...but we could barely find any information about it! It was a brush fire somewhere outside of Disney and seemed like it got under control by the afternoon.
Anyway, we wandered around World Showcase and ended up at Mexican Donald's M and G
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_7998863182.jpeg

Then it was time for a Gran Fiesta Tour!
DSC_3312_1.jpg

Next up: Epcot continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
DSC_3315_1.jpg

DSC_3320_1.jpg

DSC_3324_1.jpg

DSC_3327_1.jpg

I decided to try the Watermelon White Sangria from the Jardin de Fiestas (Mexican) booth
DSC_3331_1.jpg

It was pretty good! We sat in the sun enjoying my drink so we could soak up all the sunshine we could get. After this we headed back to the WL. If I remember correctly it was semi-chilly this day which is why we probably headed to Epcot instead of going to the pool like we usually do :)
Back at the hotel you could see that the fire was getting better. Funny, now thinking about it we did see a Firetruck at the WL in the morning and some other guests asked if it had to do with the fire but my Mom and I never saw it until Epcot.
DSC_3334_1.jpg

Back in the room we packed our suitcases. How was it already almost the end of the week?!
After doing that we headed down to the boat dock to head back to the MK
We just missed a boat so we had awhile to wait. We debated going to the bus but we weren't in too big of a hurry so we waited.
DSC_3339_1.jpg

Well along came a few scooters who were going to the Contemporary. I knew this would mean we would be making a stop there before going to the MK because we had the big boat on our side :) For some reason the party decided to open the ropes (that say to wait there) to scoot onto the part of the dock where the benches are.
DSC_3341_1.jpg

This in turn was followed by everyone ignoring the ropes and gathering up there :p
DSC_3342_1.jpg

When the Contemporary/FW boat captain pulled up he was so confused why no one was in the right place :D This was so entertaining to watch.
Anyway we waited 23 minutes for a boat, and now I remember why I prefer the bus :)
So weird to see these empty security things...I wonder if they will take them down
DSC_3344_1.jpg

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
DSC_3347_1.jpg

DSC_3348_1.jpg
DSC_3349_1.jpg

DSC_3350_1.jpg

It was a bit windy
DSC_3352-1.jpg

Our final destination:
DSC_3353_1.jpg

I had no idea how CRT table worked so I tried to check in and they said I couldn't yet. I had no idea there were specific seating times :)
We witnessed a "prom-posal" while waiting. Why is this a thing?! :confused: I think I asked my prom date over AIM (went to an all girls school so had to do the asking) and was asked to another by text :p
DSC_3354_1.jpg

DSC_3355_1.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_7999177062.jpeg

We had never been to CRT or inside the castle before. So much to see!!!
DSC_3356_1.jpg

Next up: CRT continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
DSC_3358_1.jpg

DSC_3359_1.jpg

DSC_3363_1.jpg

DSC_3364_1.jpg

Our table view was great :)
IMG_3082.jpg

DSC_3368_1.jpg

I was surprised when I was offered a champagne and sparkling wine list. I thought BOG was the only place you could get drinks in the MK? Well, I wasn't going to turn it down so I ordered a champagne and my Mom ordered a sparking wine :) (you can see my Mom's in the background)
DSC_3369_1.jpg

We started off with the Charcuterie plate
DSC_3372_1.jpg

My Mom was making this face because this is never something she would order :)
DSC_3373_1.jpg

She ate it though and we both enjoyed it!
Snow White was the first princess out :) My Mom and I had a chat yesterday about how she needs to start standing up to take pictures so they don't turn out so awkward :p:p
DSC_3376_1.jpg

Next up: Day 7

amjt660

Premium Member
Day 6 continued
Our waitresses name was Laura (from California). She had been been working at Tiffins since it opened. I asked her if she thought things would pick up with Pandora opening and she said for sure. She said the R of L dining package already made things pick up (which is odd since it was still super dead :rolleyes:). I hadn't realized Tiffins was already open for almost a year :joyfull:
View attachment 205019
View attachment 205020
The menus are so cool looking! They are little little adventure notebooks, but made with fancy leather
View attachment 205021
View attachment 205024
For drinks my Mom and I both tried Jenn's tattoo - super good!
View attachment 205025
Bread course :) The dipping sauce was amazing...cant remember what it was though :)
View attachment 205022
Since we were doing the R of L package we got to chose an appetizer, entree and dessert. Laura recommended the octopus and I nearly considered ordering it until I looked up a picture of it and realized it still looked like an octopus :hungover::grumpy:
We aren't super adventurous eaters and we don't like seafood so we played it safe :)
My Mom chose the Apple-Walnut sandwich
View attachment 205026
I chose the Selection of Artisanal Cheeses
View attachment 205027
I love a good cheese plate and this was no exception!
For entrees my Mom and I both ordered the Wagu Strip Loin and Braised Short Rib
View attachment 205028
This was incredible!!!! Like so good that I still talk about it all the time :) It was the first time either of us had chimichurri sauce and that definitely made the dish :)

Next up: Tiffins continued
After I had the wagu strip loin dish I told the server to compliment the chef and let him know that I can die happy now!!!
It was that good!!!!

Max

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
DSC_3378_1.jpg

For entrees my Mom and I both ordered the Beef and Shrimp
DSC_3374_1.jpg

DSC_3375_1.jpg

Although no super heat hot it was super good! The potatoes were amazing :)
Next up was Aurora
DSC_3379_1.jpg

Then Ariel....the worst pictures..haha
DSC_3380_1.jpg

I love how they announce the princesses here its so cute! We were lucky because we were one of the first tables the princesses visited!
For dessert I chose the Clock Strikes Twelve (dark chocolate mousse with dark chocolate ganache and raspberry coulis)
DSC_3384_1.jpg

My Mom ordered the Jaq and Gus (cheesecake with some sort of strawberry cake too I think)
DSC_3383_1.jpg

These were both very good!
Jasmine was up last
DSC_3385_1.jpg

I feel like I could say were were a little bit rushed, but we are also 2 adults so I noticed the tables with kids did not seem as rushed :) We really loved CRT and we thought the food was good (just not hot like I said). We will definitely be back!
I have a 1000 more pictures of CRT
DSC_3387_1.jpg

DSC_3388_1.jpg

Next up: Day 7 continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
DSC_3389_1.jpg

DSC_3390_1.jpg

DSC_3391_1.jpg

DSC_3392_1.jpg

We had a FP for HM after this so we headed there. While in line I went to pick up another FP and grabbed one for IASW so we then headed there.
DSC_3402_1.jpg
DSC_3404_1.jpg

At 7:30 we went to check out the Wishes dessert party spot and they were already letting people in so we checked in. The CM asked me what time our reservation was for and I played dumb hoping it didn't mean they wouldn't let us in early but she was just wondering if I was in the Tomorrowland Terrace or Garden party group :rolleyes:
This was our table view
DSC_3407_1.jpg

Sparkling Apple Juice
DSC_3409_1.jpg

DSC_3411_1.jpg

Next up: more dessert party

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom