Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of Two Trips (finally moving on from the PTR)

Hello everyone!!! I'm sorry for the long delay, but I am finally starting my TR :) I apologize in advance for the insane amount of pictures :) I got a new camera and took over 3000 pictures and videos! If you did not read my PTR I went on two trips in the span of a few weeks...hence the title :) I will split them in two but keep it all in the same thread. Also, I have a lot of last minute residency requirements to navigate through the next few weeks or so so I'm sorry if this takes me forever! Anyway, enough of me rambling - let's begin!

First trip!
Who?

From left to right: Me (Megan), my Mom (Mary), and my sister (Jill)
IMG_2988.JPG

When?
March 11, 2017 - March 18, 2017

Where?
First time staying an entire trip here...the Polynesian!

Why?
I had to take an exam in Kissimmee on the 14th and I got the whole week off from work to go :) My Mom and sister came along for the ride.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
If you exit the MK turnstile and walk directly to the monorail (resort or express) and get off at the TTC, you merely walk up the ramp for the
Epcot monorail. There is no security for you to go through. The TTC check point (by the tram drop off) is outside the TTC plaza area where you board the monorails and ferry.

Now if you left MK and made it to the bus gate area before deciding to ride the monorail to Epcot, you WOULD need to go back through security (by the buses) before walking over to the monorail.

Yep OK I knew I was right we would have had to go back through. I forgot about the monorail until it was too late :) The other time we went to Epcot right from the MK no security :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thank you for sharing all the fun you and your mom had on your trip. :)

One thing that always interests me (having read quite a few TRs in the forum), is the different approach that people have with regard to vacation plans. Some people focus on the food, others the parks, and others focus on everything equally. I think you and your mom fit into that last category. It made for very enjoyable reading, as I knew that each post would contain something new and uniquely different. Your photos were wonderful, too.

I just got back from WDW 2 days ago. Always loved the Flower & Garden Festival, and I was glad they extended it another week this year. (The food kiosks had a lot of tempting selections. :hungry:) Of course, I also went to all the parks, etc., but the F&G Festival was definitely the favorite part of my trip! :happy:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing all the fun you and your mom had on your trip. :)

One thing that always interests me (having read quite a few TRs in the forum), is the different approach that people have with regard to vacation plans. Some people focus on the food, others the parks, and others focus on everything equally. I think you and your mom fit into that last category. It made for very enjoyable reading, as I knew that each post would contain something new and uniquely different. Your photos were wonderful, too.

I just got back from WDW 2 days ago. Always loved the Flower & Garden Festival, and I was glad they extended it another week this year. (The food kiosks had a lot of tempting selections. :hungry:) Of course, I also went to all the parks, etc., but the F&G Festival was definitely the favorite part of my trip! :happy:

That is so sweet of you to say! We do try and balance our trips out :) I love the Flower and Garden festival too! We for some reason didn't spend as much time there as I would have liked. I enjoy it because its similar to Food and Wine but with less crowds :) I hope you had a great trip!

LisaBelle

I got a magic cookie bar...just for you @LisaBelle ! It was as good as ever :)
YUM! I was wishing for one of these the other day! Kroger has some cookies that look similar to Magic Cookie Bars, but of course they don't compare. Thanks for thinking of me. Hope you didn't think I was ignoring you by not commenting. The last few weeks of the school year were super busy and I didn't have any time to read TRs :(. Yesterday was my last day so I am finally getting caught up on all my TRs :joyfull:.
I LOVE the creme brûlée at Les Chefs de France :hungry:.
So excited you finally tried 50's Prime Time. The food always looks so good. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. It's on my list of places I want to try on our next trip.

LisaBelle

I surprisingly made it through Wishes without crying too much. However, as we were leaving the dessert party it hit me and I started sobbing :cry:. You have to go through a tunnel of CMs on the way out and I literally had to walk with my head down so they didn't see me crying. My Mom was trying to calm me down saying we were so lucky we got to see it so many times and so lucky we got to see it once more :joyfull::rolleyes::cry:. This was making me cry harder :D:D. I kept whimpering about the music and how I was worried the new show wouldn't have good music. I literally never cry at anything but saying Goodbye to Wishes was so sad!!! Everyone walking around us probably thought I was insane :) Luckily I calmed myself down by the time we got to the boats but this was the aftermath ...
Great report as always. I love that you and your mom and sisters get to visit so often. It is a dream of mine to be an AP holder. It is definitely one of my retirement goals.
Wishes! I would have been a sobbing mess right along with you! I get teary eyed almost every time I watch, but especially on the last night of a trip. If I'd known it was the last time I'd ever see it I would have bawled like a baby. I can't believe Wishes has ended. I am super happy that my sister and I saw it every chance we got last February. I would have been so sad if I had skipped it not knowing it would be the last time I ever saw it.
I really wasn't interested in trying Tiffins until I read your report. I was afraid I wouldn't find anything I'd like to eat, especially for the price. But the ROL package seems like the way to go if we decide to be brave.
Happy I finally got caught up and super happy you are already planning your next trip. Keep the TRs coming to keep me going until I am able to plan my next trip!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
YUM! I was wishing for one of these the other day! Kroger has some cookies that look similar to Magic Cookie Bars, but of course they don't compare. Thanks for thinking of me. Hope you didn't think I was ignoring you by not commenting. The last few weeks of the school year were super busy and I didn't have any time to read TRs :(. Yesterday was my last day so I am finally getting caught up on all my TRs :joyfull:.
I LOVE the creme brûlée at Les Chefs de France :hungry:.
So excited you finally tried 50's Prime Time. The food always looks so good. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. It's on my list of places I want to try on our next trip.

I say this every year but I can't believe how early you guys finish school! The kids here have like another month I swear :) We really enjoyed 50s Prime Time! We can't wait to go back but will probably wait until we have more people just to make it a little more fun :)

Great report as always. I love that you and your mom and sisters get to visit so often. It is a dream of mine to be an AP holder. It is definitely one of my retirement goals.
Wishes! I would have been a sobbing mess right along with you! I get teary eyed almost every time I watch, but especially on the last night of a trip. If I'd known it was the last time I'd ever see it I would have bawled like a baby. I can't believe Wishes has ended. I am super happy that my sister and I saw it every chance we got last February. I would have been so sad if I had skipped it not knowing it would be the last time I ever saw it.
I really wasn't interested in trying Tiffins until I read your report. I was afraid I wouldn't find anything I'd like to eat, especially for the price. But the ROL package seems like the way to go if we decide to be brave.
Happy I finally got caught up and super happy you are already planning your next trip. Keep the TRs coming to keep me going until I am able to plan my next trip!

I know...Wishes ending is horrible. I feel like my friends legit think I'm crazy every time I talked about it. On its last day I made them watch it on YouTube with me :p Granted I had a few margaritas before making them do that haha. Tiffins was incredible! The menu scared me since my Mom (especially her) and I are SO picky but the R of L package was worth it and it was so fun to try new things :) I would definitely recommend it!! Thanks for following along and your nice comments, as usual :)

LisaBelle

I say this every year but I can't believe how early you guys finish school! The kids here have like another month I swear :) We really enjoyed 50s Prime Time! We can't wait to go back but will probably wait until we have more people just to make it a little more fun :)

We started school on August 15 and this was a VERY challenging group of kiddos so I was definitely ready for summer :joyfull:!

I know...Wishes ending is horrible. I feel like my friends legit think I'm crazy every time I talked about it. On its last day I made them watch it on YouTube with me :p Granted I had a few margaritas before making them do that haha. Tiffins was incredible! The menu scared me since my Mom (especially her) and I are SO picky but the R of L package was worth it and it was so fun to try new things :) I would definitely recommend it!! Thanks for following along and your nice comments, as usual :)

:hilarious: Love that you made them watch the last Wishes on YouTube. My daughter and I did that, too. We even got my husband and son to watch a little bit of it.
I have so many restaurants I want to try! I really wish I could visit more often so that I could check more places off my list. My other problem is that I stress out about giving up the tried and true favorites to try something new that we might not like as well, but then again we might like it even better o_O. Our first few trips we didn't make very many reservations because the kids were younger and kinda picky and we wanted more flexibility, but now they are older and want to try new things which is cool, but there is never enough time to do it all. We still don't like to be over scheduled, especially my husband. Oh, the Disney struggles we endure, lol.

prfctlyximprct

I am finally catching up and you have a new report! :(

I never knew Crush n Gusher was there before my last trip either! Glad I am not alone LOL! It's sooooooooooo much fun! Let's keep it our own little secret so the lines don't get too long. LOL

All your food pics have me drooling. I have to stop reading your reports because it just adds to my own bucket list. :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
:hilarious: Love that you made them watch the last Wishes on YouTube. My daughter and I did that, too. We even got my husband and son to watch a little bit of it.
I have so many restaurants I want to try! I really wish I could visit more often so that I could check more places off my list. My other problem is that I stress out about giving up the tried and true favorites to try something new that we might not like as well, but then again we might like it even better o_O. Our first few trips we didn't make very many reservations because the kids were younger and kinda picky and we wanted more flexibility, but now they are older and want to try new things which is cool, but there is never enough time to do it all. We still don't like to be over scheduled, especially my husband. Oh, the Disney struggles we endure, lol.

We started school on August 15 and I had a VERY challenging group of kiddos this year so I was definitely ready for summer :joyfull:.

The struggle is very real. I always want to try new places but I love the old ones too much to change haha its so hard!!!
Congrats then on being done for the summer!

Roknrollrghostr

Just finished reading. I LOVED this report! You guys look like you have so much fun. I especially loved the animal and fireworks pictures. I'll be heading back in the fall and you've given me plenty of ideas for things to try. Thank you for all the work you put into writing this!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom