2017 NCAA Football Thread

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
P.s.. I better not be stuck in a thread with only Noles fans all season.... lol

No you are not, for myself my heart lays with the Florida Gators and I am also a Penn State fan.

I can't wait for this season to begin! College football is my next biggest passion.

21stamps

Original Poster
No you are not, for myself my heart lays with the Florida Gators and I am also a Penn State fan.

I can't wait for this season to begin! College football is my next biggest passion.

Welcome!
I despise your heart's team, and I hate your other team, but it's all good.lol
We all love college football!

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Ohio State has my heart, The hurricanes are close to it though.

See I have a deep dislike for your coach.

As far as my Gators this year I could see us doing the same thing we did last 2 years take the East for the SEC and nothing else. We have a huge QB issue and our opener this year (Michigan) is going to shock us. Florida has not played a meaningful opening game ever. It's always been fluff games and I can't blame them back in the BCS days who would want to really play a good team right out the gate. Now with the playoff system these games mean so much more.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
See I have a deep dislike for your coach.

As far as my Gators this year I could see us doing the same thing we did last 2 years take the East for the SEC and nothing else. We have a huge QB issue and our opener this year (Michigan) is going to shock us. Florida has not played a meaningful opening game ever. It's always been fluff games and I can't blame them back in the BCS days who would want to really play a good team right out the gate. Now with the playoff system these games mean so much more.

We'll be very happy to make it loss #6 in a row in November..... :D

And like Florida, our first game will show what the Noles are made of. Thank god we have a cupcake before we face the Canes in Doak. We'll need it to recover from Bama.

Go Noles!

LAKid53

Premium Member
@21stamps,

From our local paper today:

"FSU and Alabama are both expected to be Top-5 teams heading into the season with a good chance at being No. 1 vs. No. 2. A match-up between the two highest ranked teams in the country to start the season has never happened before.

The Crimson Tide hold the edge in the series with a 2-1-1 record, but FSU won the only game played in the last 40 years with a 21-14 win over Nick Saban and Alabama in 2007.

Two weeks later, FSU will meet up with rival Miami at 8 p.m. on September 16th in Doak Campbell Stadium. The game will also be broadcast on ESPN.

The Seminoles have won seven straight games against the Hurricanes - undefeated in the Jimbo Fisher era at FSU - and have pulled within one game in the all-time series at 30-31."

As much as I love my Noles, not sure I agree with us being pre-season No. 2....nor do I want to enter the season with that target on our back. I remember a certain highly hyped game from the 80s with the same buzz that didn't go so well for us.... You should be familiar with that game...damn that stupid rap!

Excited to see Game #3 is the prime time game at 8 PM. One of us is going to be heartbroken....and may need an infusion of adult beverages. It's going to be a wild weekend in Tally.

Didn't realize we were one game to tying the series.

Go Noles!

21stamps

Original Poster
@21stamps,

From our local paper today:

"FSU and Alabama are both expected to be Top-5 teams heading into the season with a good chance at being No. 1 vs. No. 2. A match-up between the two highest ranked teams in the country to start the season has never happened before.

The Crimson Tide hold the edge in the series with a 2-1-1 record, but FSU won the only game played in the last 40 years with a 21-14 win over Nick Saban and Alabama in 2007.

Two weeks later, FSU will meet up with rival Miami at 8 p.m. on September 16th in Doak Campbell Stadium. The game will also be broadcast on ESPN.

The Seminoles have won seven straight games against the Hurricanes - undefeated in the Jimbo Fisher era at FSU - and have pulled within one game in the all-time series at 30-31."

As much as I love my Noles, not sure I agree with us being pre-season No. 2....nor do I want to enter the season with that target on our back. I remember a certain highly hyped game from the 80s with the same buzz that didn't go so well for us.... You should be familiar with that game...damn that stupid rap!

Excited to see Game #3 is the prime time game at 8 PM. One of us is going to be heartbroken....and may need an infusion of adult beverages. It's going to be a wild weekend in Tally.

Didn't realize we were one game to tying the series.

Go Noles!

FSU Number 2?!? I think that author spent too much time at a lounge before writing that ;)

2017 FSU vs UM winner will be...

IMG_5715.JPG

I have faith.. this is the year.. back to the old days :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
Not. Scared. This IS our comeback year.

Well, I'm hoping Miami returns to their 1980s form....but without the issues. Those were arguably some of the best games in college football...and usually determined who would be the national champs.

Just as long as Miami doesn't have any more receivers like those Blades brothers. I was so happy to see those guys move on.

21stamps

Original Poster
I am such an idiot!!! Just realized that THE GAME is on 11/25.. I don't know why I was thinking 11/26!!!

That's the last day of our cruise. :(.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom