Rumor Bye Bye (Tiki) Birdies?

Disney-Trains

In regards to the horseshoe...
Disney let go the banjo brothers and Bob Who would have done a great job performing in the horseshoe.

Jack Diamond, the magician at Hollywood studios, performed at the saloon for years and is fully capable of perfoming a full 1-man themed magic and comedy show.

And.... You've got all the comedy warehouse cast who could throw together a great themed improv comedy show like they currently perform in California's Horseshoe.

The fact that Disney lets that venue sit empty is proof how money crazy they have gone.

Sonconato

Disney let go the banjo brothers and Bob Who would have done a great job performing in the horseshoe.

Jack Diamond, the magician at Hollywood studios, performed at the saloon for years and is fully capable of perfoming a full 1-man themed magic and comedy show.

And.... You've got all the comedy warehouse cast who could throw together a great themed improv comedy show like they currently perform in California's Horseshoe.

The fact that Disney lets that venue sit empty is proof how money crazy they have gone.
This.^^^^^^

Haymarket2008

I hope that this gets the love it deserves for the 50th. Seeing the show, albeit in a truncated form, at the Golden Horseshoe in Disneyland was phenomenal. It's the little things.

Kingtut

So this thread is about changing a classic low capacity attraction into most likely a meet and greet ( in my opinion what will happen) with even lower capacity in a park where everything is almost constantly crowded and the company has spent dollar amounts in the billions to come up with ways to manage capacity and we have a food service facility available that has been mostly unused ( or at least underused) for years. Yes it makes perfect Disney sense to me.

I know that I don't know everything about what goes into the management decisions of WDW but I would really love to know what drove their obvious decision to limit attraction capacity to what it currently is while avoiding building any new capacity.

Star Wars and Toy Story basically are improvements over what was in the DHS but essentially equivalent capacity. Avatar is adding to what was essentially a half day park. Together they will not address the increasing demand for WDW , in particular the Magic Kingdom. When the South American economies recover the situation will become hopeless

Just my frustration showing today - Sorry

Bairstow

So this thread is about changing a classic low capacity attraction into most likely a meet and greet ( in my opinion what will happen) with even lower capacity in a park where everything is almost constantly crowded and the company has spent dollar amounts in the billions to come up with ways to manage capacity and we have a food service facility available that has been mostly unused ( or at least underused) for years. Yes it makes perfect Disney sense to me.

I know that I don't know everything about what goes into the management decisions of WDW but I would really love to know what drove their obvious decision to limit attraction capacity to what it currently is while avoiding building any new capacity.

Star Wars and Toy Story basically are improvements over what was in the DHS but essentially equivalent capacity. Avatar is adding to what was essentially a half day park. Together they will not address the increasing demand for WDW , in particular the Magic Kingdom. When the South American economies recover the situation will become hopeless

Just my frustration showing today - Sorry

Attraction capacity isn't useful on crowded days if you can't entice guests to actually enter the attraction.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I think this is far worse...

magic-carpets.jpg
We hated the addition of that stupid spinner. Needs to just go away completely.

Kman101

We hated the addition of that stupid spinner. Needs to just go away completely.

For a park that needs all the walking space it can get, putting that in the center was dumb. But of course that was, what, 2001? So crowds weren't quite the same at the time, but man that takes up a lot of space. Not against said spinner (I'd prefer an Aladdin dark ride but that's me), but it's placement is bad. I get at the time their thing was spinners at the center (Tomorrowland in Disneyland, I'm looking at you) of the land but ugh ...

Let's also not forget all the fountains that are now planters, especially in Caribbean Plaza.

Bairstow

Oh. Well for during the '90s there was a persistent rumor that the Cave of Wonders and the flying carpet would be the basis of Disney's first significant VR attraction, and that the VR sets at DisneyQuest were a proof of concept. Anybody else remember this?

FigmentJedi

Oh. Well for during the '90s there was a persistent rumor that the Cave of Wonders and the flying carpet would be the basis of Disney's first significant VR attraction, and that the VR sets at DisneyQuest were a proof of concept. Anybody else remember this?
DisneyQuest's Carpets was the end result of proof of concepts tested at Innoventions in the mid 90s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom