Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

HMF

I'd rather see them update the rockets with instantly recognizable ships from the Star Wars or GotG franchises. Imagine how much fun it would be to be in an X-wing right behind an Imperial TIE bomber. Of course, they'd have to add eye-safe lasers and smoke effects to make it fly...
xwing-vs-tiefighter.jpg
I have been a Star Wars and WDW Fan since age 9 and all I will say is NO!

Last edited:

HMF

Buzz is one of the most popular rides in the park. One of the most balanced ip rides and kids love it. Kids would have a fit if it shuts down :)
If this were any time from 1998 until 2008 I would agree with you. Now, we have a whole Toy Story Land coming so I think it's safe to say SRS's time has come. IF (A huge IF) a better (Thematically appropriate) idea comes along I say go for it.

Kman101

I feel like Buzz is on borrowed time as well. But they can't seem to commit to anything at the moment so who knows? Hopefully we get some more hints and information. It's probably going to get an overlay and remain a shooter ride. They probably just need to figure out which IPs they want to shove in Tomorrowland, though @MansionButler84 seemed positive on a re-do of Tomorrowland. Hopefully that still stands ...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
WiR was consider the de facto replacement for SGE, but, then that got completely nixed for some reason, most likely to use that franchise somewhere else (WiR II is in production).

Tron coaster was a favorite among some fans, but the word was "no way." Then it became "maybe way." And so the Tron coaster is on the table for TL, but, not a leading contender. Also on the table is a non-coaster Tron replacement for Buzz.

And still no greenlights for any of these proposals... that we know of.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I feel like Buzz is on borrowed time as well. But they can't seem to commit to anything at the moment so who knows? Hopefully we get some more hints and information. It's probably going to get an overlay and remain a shooter ride. They probably just need to figure out which IPs they want to shove in Tomorrowland, though @MansionButler84 seemed positive on a re-do of Tomorrowland. Hopefully that still stands ...
As far as I know, the only alterations - in order of varying degrees from cosmetic to rebuild - are Astro, Peoplemover, CoP, SGE and the Speedway.

Haymarket2008

@marni1971 Is the Big Hero 6 replacing Stitch rumor have any credibility?

solidyne

"There's a great big, beautiful discovery..." Hmm, well, I guess it's time to dig up "Now is the time, now is the best time..."

clemmo

This is what I'd like to see but I doubt we see half of this:
COP updates/big refurb
SGE replacement
Speedway replacement with one or two quality attractions (doesn't mean e ticket)
Space mountain complete refurb with new tracks and trains

doctornick

I would argue that Buzz is arguably the last attraction in TL that needs any work (well, or maybe Astro Orbitor). All the others really need substantial renovation (Space, CoP, Peoplemover) or are just poor fits/quality and should be replaced (Stitch, Speedway, Laugh Floor). Buzz really just needs a good cleaning and continued upkeep and it's fine.

wdwfan4ver

I would argue that Buzz is arguably the last attraction in TL that needs any work (well, or maybe Astro Orbitor). All the others really need substantial renovation (Space, CoP, Peoplemover) or are just poor fits/quality and should be replaced (Stitch, Speedway, Laugh Floor). Buzz really just needs a good cleaning and continued upkeep and it's fine.
True, but does the Toy Story Franchise really need 4 attractions from 2 WDW theme parks combined?

Toy Story is a great Franchise, but Disney also has a lot of other IPS they could use.

That is almost as bad as DHS having 4 Star Wars attraction open in 2019 that counts Star Tours and Star Wars Launch Bay. I call that bad because Star Tours and Star Wars Launch Bay are outside of Star Wars Land.

Star Wars is very popular, but having attractions outside of Star Land at DHS is a big problem multiple ways including Star Wars Launch Bay could be use for other ips in the parks instead of waiting who knows when after 2019.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
To be 100% honest I would prefer to see Laugh Floor go.

It's a fairly large space. I'd welcome a new show. If an IP must takeover that space IMO a BH6 re-imagining would be cool and could work with that interactive technology. Maybe a science expo or robot talent show gone awry. Queue = remote control battle bots. Show ends and dumps to a Baymax and Hiro Meet and Greet on left or gift shop exit on right selling Baymax plush dolls, mini R/C bots, K'NEX and Magnetix.

Done. Disney, I take payments in the form of checks, cash or unlimited Dole Whips! :)

Last edited:

Bairstow

True, but does the Toy Story Franchise really need 4 attractions from 2 WDW theme parks combined?

Toy Story is a great Franchise, but Disney also has a lot of other IPS they could use.

That is almost as bad as DHS having 4 Star Wars attraction open in 2019 that counts Star Tours and Star Wars Launch Bay. I call that bad because Star Tours and Star Wars Launch Bay are outside of Star Wars Land.

Star Wars is very popular, but having attractions outside of Star Land at DHS is a big problem multiple ways including Star Wars Launch Bay could be use for other ips in the parks instead of waiting who knows when after 2019.

I doubt very seriously that they'll keep the Launch Bay open past the opening of the land, if that long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom