Rumor: Adventureland Volcano

csmat99

I don't think we have to worry about who copied who because I'm pretty sure that multiple insiders have said that this is definitely not happening.
They didn't say it wasn't happening. They said there have only been ideas thrown around but nothing will be done by the 50th. MK will have to add something big sooner than later. They have to eat up people and get wait times down at popular rides. It's sad because they should've already been adding and plussing MK instead we got a fancy M&G and rest, bad dark ride with nice landscaping out front and family coaster that is over before you can raise your hands.

Notes from Neverland

They didn't say it wasn't happening. They said there have only been ideas thrown around but nothing will be done by the 50th. MK will have to add something big sooner than later. They have to eat up people and get wait times down at popular rides. It's sad because they should've already been adding and plussing MK instead we got a fancy M&G and rest, bad dark ride with nice landscaping out front and family coaster that is over before you can raise your hands.

While I agree, it's a little bit of a Catch-22. A big, people-eating attraction would likely contribute in drawing in more people to the park and the overall situation may not change much. I'd say it needs to be several additions, with the large attraction being one and some smaller (C or D ticket) attractions rounding things out.

csmat99

While I agree, it's a little bit of a Catch-22. A big, people-eating attraction would likely contribute in drawing in more people to the park and the overall situation may not change much. I'd say it needs to be several additions, with the large attraction being one and some smaller (C or D ticket) attractions rounding things out.
You are correct. I should of went into more detail. I meant they need to build a true E ticket and then build around that with D's, C's and other restaurants and bars since we all know it's only matter of time when Disney rips the band-aid off completely with regards to alcohol sales in MK.

Cmdr_Crimson

Sorry I just can't see something "Similar" to this being there in Adventureland...
aaaa.jpg

Something along the lines of Mt Prometheus at Disney Sea then......Yes...
15103817411_e0275b13b2_b.jpg

larandtra

Martin...Im assuming that from all the plans tossed out about the revamp of TL, they may have gotten with the $ people and settled on something? If thats the case, what are your thoughts without going into detail. Obviously know you can only say so much.

Disone

All those do add park capacity without being an e-ticket that will draw millions more annually to a park that litterally needs a bit more of an attendance decline. I hope over the years, Pandora, TSL, SWL, and EPCOT 2.0 prove to increase overall attendance at the Walt Disney World Resort while pulling Magic Kingdom attendance slightly down to more manageable levels.

csmat99

All those do add park capacity without being an e-ticket that will draw millions more annually to a park that litterally needs a bit more of an attendance decline. I hope over the years, Pandora, TSL, SWL, and EPCOT 2.0 prove to increase overall attendance at the Walt Disney World Resort while pulling Magic Kingdom attendance slightly down to more manageable levels.
I agree but Epcot needs at least two countries added with one E ticket and the front of the house needs one E ticket for it to draw people out of MK. AK needs another land within next 10 years. They have so much space and potential. I'm sure SW already has a phase two planned but will be interesting to see how soon it gets green lit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin...Im assuming that from all the plans tossed out about the revamp of TL, they may have gotten with the $ people and settled on something? If thats the case, what are your thoughts without going into detail. Obviously know you can only say so much.
If they pull if off it could fix a lot of the problems the area has (many they created themselves). I actually feel a TRON Coaster would be a bad move.

Personally I'm still frustrated and disappointed with the Space Mountain situation.

Disone

If they pull if off it could fix a lot of the problems the area has (many they created themselves). I actually feel a TRON Coaster would be a bad move.

Personally I'm still frustrated and disappointed with the Space Mountain situation.
Not sure what that means, reading yours posts Martin can be a bit like reading tea leaves, but I sure that is exactly how you want it, and truth be side, it does make your posts fun to read too. so exacting without really saying anything. lol. That aside, I agree. I think a tron coaster in TL is a bad idea. I think any major e-ticket IN MK is a bad Idea. Side note, I would still be excited should they push one through, but I just feel like right now, MK is NOT the park to be doing that. However, updating space mountain with a legitimate budget that is targeted at wow-ing the guests, not the accountants, would be outstanding.

Creathir

Such as, not being updated, or it being gutted?

doctornick

If they had planned to build a volcanoes I think they waited to long. Now they will look desperate to copy universal which has a volcanoe themed water park

Couldn't someone say that it's Universal who is copying Disney's Mount Mayday (yes, not a volcano, but serves a similar role for a water park)?

Regardless, it's not like an artificial volcanoes are some novel concept for a theme park and Disney already has Mount Prometheus in one of their parks.

doctornick

Eventually there has to be something to balance the park out. With the impending rehab of TL it creates a very big imbalance in the park. Heavy back left, back middle, back right, while adventureland somewhat languishes. While the idea screamscape is reporting is most likely very inaccurate, I still think they are going to eventually balance the park and something is going into adventureland. And I dont think it will be a people eater mid level attraction. I think it will be something significant.

I agree here. In terms of balancing the park, a higher thrill E-ticket in Adventureland -- and there is an existing expansion plot there that can be used easily -- is probably the biggest need, as well as some high capacity family friendly stuff everywhere.

RobbinsDad

Marni, Feather, anyone - is there any truth to this rumor? I haven't seen anyone I'd call official confirm or deny this project's potential.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom