Free dining

Ciara

If they only do free QS dining for Moderate resorts then I really don't think my husband and I can afford to do Disney after this trip. I love Disney, but who do they think can afford these trips? Clearly not your average family, it is like they are trying to phase us out. It is just my husband and I, we make enough to take a nice trip once every other year and always do disney but when I look at our bill before dining, it hurts... if we have to pay out of pocket for food or the difference from QS to the normal DP... that is really going to exceed our budget.

Does anyone know where that rumor started or how valid it is? I saw someone comment the same thing on The Disney Food Blogs facebook post this morning.

I wouldn't make any decisions or assumptions until the deal is actually out but it is seeming pretty likely. They already have this set up for UK guest who get free dining so it seems more than possible. Are you against staying in a value? Staying at a value and upgrading from quick service would end up being cheaper than getting a free standard dining plan while staying at a moderate... But it all depends on if your willing to stay at a value.

GrimGrinningGhost15

I wouldn't make any decisions or assumptions until the deal is actually out but it is seeming pretty likely. They already have this set up for UK guest who get free dining so it seems more than possible. Are you against staying in a value? Staying at a value and upgrading from quick service would end up being cheaper than getting a free standard dining plan while staying at a moderate... But it all depends on if your willing to stay at a value.

We actually originally planned for value and then upgrading from QS to DP and paying the difference but my husband made an excel (yes, he is one of us ;)) comparing the dining prices, and even compared out of pocket to DD, as in picked an item on each menu from each restaurant and compared pricing haha. Basically he found that if we stayed at a value and upgraded from QS to regular DP it was only a savings of maybe $10-15 a day. Which for us, we decided was worth the shorter bus rides, more of a "grown up" feel and overall the theme of the CSR resort which we love and stayed at for our honeymoon. But we also stayed at an all-star in 2014 and it was really nice so not opposed with the values at all!

Ciara

We actually originally planned for value and then upgrading from QS to DP and paying the difference but my husband made an excel (yes, he is one of us ;)) comparing the dining prices, and even compared out of pocket to DD, as in picked an item on each menu from each restaurant and compared pricing haha. Basically he found that if we stayed at a value and upgraded from QS to regular DP it was only a savings of maybe $10-15 a day. Which for us, we decided was worth the shorter bus rides, more of a "grown up" feel and overall the theme of the CSR resort which we love and stayed at for our honeymoon. But we also stayed at an all-star in 2014 and it was really nice so not opposed with the values at all!

I did the exact same thing with the comparing prices, even down to picking things out! That is too funny. We also wanted a little nicer resort so we booked CSR figuring it wouldn't be too much more if we got the free dining. Staying at CSR with free diding maxed us out price wise so, I haven't made any changes yet, but if they do announce just quick services for the mods, we will be going back to value

Capsin4

Hi there. I am curious why some of the resorts are not eligible for the dining plan. Is it because they are the more popular resorts so they don't need to try and bump up the bookings. I have a trip booked for December and I am staying at Port Orleans and it looks like in the past that resort has not been eligible. I am wondering if it would be worth looking into switching resorts.
Yes, all the exclusions are based on their need to fill rooms as is the number of available rooms for the promotion. You can price shop now...just look up nondiscounted packages with parkhopper and you should get a good guess. To be safe, you might want to price a nonstandard room as well, as it seems there are at least more available than standard views. Depending on how many in your party, you may want to compare free dining to the room discount as well. Port Orleans is our favorite resort but we'll probably downgrade or move this fall depending on the promotion. If you have 3 or 4 in your party over the age of 3, it's almost always better to get the dining promotion, especially at the mods/values.

Andrew M

Ha! I thought I was just being a nerdy engineer with my Disney cost analysis spreadsheets.. glad I'm not alone!

GrimGrinningGhost15

I did the exact same thing with the comparing prices, even down to picking things out! That is too funny. We also wanted a little nicer resort so we booked CSR figuring it wouldn't be too much more if we got the free dining. Staying at CSR with free diding maxed us out price wise so, I haven't made any changes yet, but if they do announce just quick services for the mods, we will be going back to value

Agreed! If QS only is offered for mods we will be headin right on over to value... if anything is still available!
Ha! I thought I was just being a nerdy engineer with my Disney cost analysis spreadsheets.. glad I'm not alone!

haha!! I knew we weren't alone! My SIL and her boyfriend are coming with us this coming fall. She hasn't been since she was a kid and he has never gone, so we had them over for wine and disney planning 101... when I pulled up all our spreadsheets I think they thought we were both a little crazy. They will thank us both when we get the best deals and have an awesome trip though :D

draybook

Curious to if the 'modification' of the reservation to add free dining will void the $75 gift card at Caribbean Beach. I booked with the anticipation of being able to do that, but not sure if adding free dining will make a new reservation and then not be eligible for the gift card just as new reservations made now are not eligible.

No, you'll still be able to keep Free Dining AND the GCs.

Disney Ron

Here is the offer in a nutshell:

It will be released on Monday 4/24.

Values and Mods get QSDP and Deluxe get DDP.

It will not be released early for Disney Visa holders.

You must purchase a PH or PH+ ticket. No Base tickets.

POR is included for Aug and Sept but excluded for Nov and Dec.

And when you purchase the Free Dining package you will also receive a Disney Ron bobblehead with your order.

Last edited:

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Thanks guys. It's been a while since we've been able to take advantage of free dining.
Unfortunately we usually do TS at night. Based on what you guys are saying (as far paying the difference to upgrade to TS) it sounds like we might still save a couple of bucks, but not as much as I was expecting. This may end up being one of the most expensive moderate stays we've ever done by a long shot. ugh.

Quick service only. You'll have to pay the difference to upgrade. We'll be downgrading to value.

Here is the offer in a nutshell:

It will be released on Monday 4/24.

Values and Mods get QSDP and Deluxe get DDP.

It will not be released early for Disney Visa holders.

You must purchase a PH or PH+ ticket. No Base tickets.

POR is included for Aug and Sept but excluded for Nov and Dec.

And when you purchase the Free Dining package you will also receive a Disney Ron bobblehead with your order.

draybook

Thanks guys. It's been a while since we've been able to take advantage of free dining.
Unfortunately we usually do TS at night. Based on what you guys are saying (as far paying the difference to upgrade to TS) it sounds like we might still save a couple of bucks, but not as much as I was expecting. This may end up being one of the most expensive moderate stays we've ever done by a long shot. ugh.

I hear ya, buddy. We're going to end up dropping down to a value and paying the difference for the DDP. It'll save us about $1500.

Capsin4

The offer dropped about 5:30. I booked one room and then got messages that the offer wasn't available when trying to book the second. It just went through and seems to still be up.

Spectro

ive gone for ssr studio. Was between that and kidani but decided although I prefer theme and rooms I like the springs location better for restaurants and shopping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom