Free dining

kikamom

Original Poster
Could somebody tell me how to get free dining? We are booked at CRB for August 14-24. I do not know if those dates will even be included but I do not know what to do next. When free dining comes out how do I get it? Do I need to call Disney to get them to add it on for me? I heard you might need park hoppers. I have tickets as part of my package but do I need to already have park hoppers purchased or can I just add them on after the free dining offer comes out? Also, how much time do we have to grab free dining when it comes out? How quickly will it run out? Does the fact that I already have a package mean I do not need to rush to call or is it limited even if you are already booked? Thanks for the help

Tuvalu

Premium Member
As soon as free dining is announced (rumor has it sometime later this month) information will be on this site and on Disney's site. It will include the valid dates as well as any restrictions (number of days, ticket type, participating resorts). Check both sites frequently and you won't miss it.

You *may* be able to change your reservation online yourself when the offer is released (a "Change Reservation" option may appear next to your reservation information in your My Disney Experience account.) If not, you will need to call and have a CM do it. Be prepared for a long wait in the telephone queue as phone lines are jammed the day free dining is released. You may also have to change resorts or room type in order to receive the offer.

Having a current package does not give priority for free dining...in fact, it actually reduces availability. Disney offers free dining to increase room bookings. If those rooms are already booked (as yours is) Disney has less incentive to offer free dining. The promotion is very popular and rooms are limited.

carriebeth

If you have any sort of discount on your room rate now, you won't be able to keep that if free dining is announced as well. And it books out fast. You may find that if your current dates are offered, you can not get a room at the resort you are booked at for your booked dates. So you would either have to choose different dates, which could be as small a change as leaving or arriving a day earlier or later, etc or it could be changing weeks entirely to get availability. You might also have to make a room upgrade to get be able to book at all.

Andrew M

Curious to if the 'modification' of the reservation to add free dining will void the $75 gift card at Caribbean Beach. I booked with the anticipation of being able to do that, but not sure if adding free dining will make a new reservation and then not be eligible for the gift card just as new reservations made now are not eligible.

Ciara

Not sure if this is anything at all but I just noticed when I searched free dining this morning on google I got an interesting search result about 3 results down, when you go to click the link, it doesn't work. So I am not sure. I looked into past dates and none started august 21, is this the free dining promotion just waiting to be officially released?
IMG_5324.PNG

Clamman73

Not sure if this is anything at all but I just noticed when I searched free dining this morning on google I got an interesting search result about 3 results down, when you go to click the link, it doesn't work. So I am not sure. I looked into past dates and none started august 21, is this the free dining promotion just waiting to be officially released?
View attachment 199871
Maybe...I'm keeping my eye out for the room-only discounts which I'm guessing will be next Monday on the 24th if it follows the same as last year which was Monday the 25th.

wwmmd

View attachment 199871

I saw this same thing while googling yesterday (and today). It's showing dates from Aug 21-Dec 23, 2017. When you click on the link it says it might be from an old promotion which obviously isn't right since it's listing dates in the future.

Anyway, rumors I've read say that the Moderates will only be offered the Quick Service dining plan. This would be a total bummer if true.

I saw this same thing while googling yesterday (and today). It's showing dates from Aug 21-Dec 23, 2017. When you click on the link it says it might be from an old promotion which obviously isn't right since it's listing dates in the future.

Anyway, rumors I've read say that the Moderates will only be offered the Quick Service dining plan. This would be a total bummer if true.
If mods do just get QS, Disney will have officially priced me out of being able to go. I may look into offsite options, but I may just cruise or go to a national park or something instead...

Flyersgirl17

i read the same "rumors" about the mods and the quick service. That's not a very good discount honestly. But they've been pulling it back every year. :(

ninjaprincesst

i read the same "rumors" about the mods and the quick service. That's not a very good discount honestly. But they've been pulling it back every year. :(
The UK free dining the mods are quick service , do it would kind of make sense for the Us to follow suit. It never seemed quite right to me that the mods got the same plan as deluxe, however on that same note, it's not right for the mods to get the same as values either.

ninjaprincesst

View attachment 199871
Saw the same thing that's now gone, it surely means it's coming soon.

Flyersgirl17

The UK free dining the mods are quick service , do it would kind of make sense for the Us to follow suit. It never seemed quite right to me that the mods got the same plan as deluxe, however on that same note, it's not right for the mods to get the same as values either.
agree. i think the values should be the quick, the mods get the 1TS 1QS dining, and deluxe get the deluxe. or maybe give the deluxe park hoppers for free with the 1TS1QS. and if you want to upgrade then you pay the difference like in the past. just my opinion but i know it's just a day dream

Misswendyloo

Hi there. I am curious why some of the resorts are not eligible for the dining plan. Is it because they are the more popular resorts so they don't need to try and bump up the bookings. I have a trip booked for December and I am staying at Port Orleans and it looks like in the past that resort has not been eligible. I am wondering if it would be worth looking into switching resorts.

GrimGrinningGhost15

If they only do free QS dining for Moderate resorts then I really don't think my husband and I can afford to do Disney after this trip. I love Disney, but who do they think can afford these trips? Clearly not your average family, it is like they are trying to phase us out. It is just my husband and I, we make enough to take a nice trip once every other year and always do disney but when I look at our bill before dining, it hurts... if we have to pay out of pocket for food or the difference from QS to the normal DP... that is really going to exceed our budget.

Does anyone know where that rumor started or how valid it is? I saw someone comment the same thing on The Disney Food Blogs facebook post this morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom