Free dining

Spectro

I was actually very very surprised to see how little the price difference was for our stay, between moderates and deluxe and DVC. I have now cancelled the original csr booking as our stay will be 10 nights. It was going to cost $5559 for por qs free dining, but only $5912 for ssr studio and qs and ts dining. Made sense to spend the extra and upgrade. i could also switch to kidani for another $500.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
So phone lines were jammed this AM. When I went to make changes to my existing reservation, the only thing that was available was a deluxe. I made the change and ended up "saving" about 400 bucks (from our original Moderate PH with TS DDP) staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I logged out and just tried booking a moderate with free dining and then doing the upgrade to TS dining. I would be saving about 700 bucks from our original reservation. Hmmm... I do love me some Wilderness Lodge...like a lot. The boat to yeah man, that's nice.

GrimGrinningGhost15

So phone lines were jammed this AM. When I went to make changes to my existing reservation, the only thing that was available was a deluxe. I made the change and ended up "saving" about 400 bucks (from our original Moderate PH with TS DDP) staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I logged out and just tried booking a moderate with free dining and then doing the upgrade to TS dining. I would be saving about 700 bucks from our original reservation. Hmmm... I do love me some Wilderness Lodge...like a lot. The boat to yeah man, that's nice.

When I go to add the DDP to my existing reservation, it isn't showing the free dining prices when I go to add a plan. I am staying at CSR from sept. 23rd checking out on October 1st

draybook

When I go to add the DDP to my existing reservation, it isn't showing the free dining prices when I go to add a plan. I am staying at CSR from sept. 23rd checking out on October 1st

Under your reservation number, does it say "modify/change reservation? That's where it will show the FD offer.

GrimGrinningGhost15

Under your reservation number, does it say "modify/change reservation? That's where it will show the FD offer.

Yep, I tried that and it wasn't showing the free dining prices, just regular pricing. I got through to chat with someone and they said they were unsure why that was happening because we meet all the requirements (length, resort, park hopper) so they suggested I call. After trying since 6am I finally got through the busy signal, and have been listening to the lovely wait music for 40 minutes now. Said it would be 2+ hours til I talk to someone. This has been a terrible experience so far, not to mention the sting of free Standard dining plan not being offered for Moderate resorts as it has been every other time we go :arghh::(

mf1972

is there still any availability at the values right now? i can't change my reservation myself since we booked through a travel agent. that's what i was told.

Ciara

Keep trying! A bunch of availability opened up this morning. We were not able to book Monday but are now booked at pop century with free dining, which is what we wanted. Keep trying!! :D:D

mf1972

we actually missed the window for the free offer since we're going in october. we're considering downgrading to a value & just add dining. the extra cost isn't that much.

S 2

Does anyone know how loose the #of nights/days are? It says it must be 5 night/6days hotel and tickets, yet it is pricing it for 4 nights (which is how long i really want)....

GrimGrinningGhost15

Does anyone know how loose the #of nights/days are? It says it must be 5 night/6days hotel and tickets, yet it is pricing it for 4 nights (which is how long i really want)....
The "5 days 6 nights" is a suggestion, the real minimum is 3 nights. My guess is that is just a tactic to get people to book longer trips haha

Here is a good overview of the rules for free dining:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/04/24/news-2017-disney-world-free-dining-offer-now-available/

Uncle Lupe

Like to give Margaret Wolf @Kingdom Konsultant a shout out for getting our reservation changed to free dining. Had to upgrade a room for now but figured an extra $200 to feed 3 people for 8 days was a good deal.

She has been such a help because my work schedule is so crazy I dont have time to change multiple reservations around on a whim.

So if your booking a vacation and you have any doubts, check them out.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Like to give Margaret Wolf @Kingdom Konsultant a shout out for getting our reservation changed to free dining. Had to upgrade a room for now but figured an extra $200 to feed 3 people for 8 days was a good deal.

She has been such a help because my work schedule is so crazy I dont have time to change multiple reservations around on a whim.

So if your booking a vacation and you have any doubts, check them out.
I will be sure to let Margaret know!
Thank you!

Pam

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom