(CONFIRMED!) Moana is going to meet in AdventureLand during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

jt04

Don't know if this is something to be excited about. Right now it just says "Adventureland" for Moana. At the same time, there is a rumor that Tiki Birds is closing. I don't like the convergence of these two news stories if you get my drift.

I'd imagine it will be temporary like the Pixie Hollow m&g in AL

Princess Leia

Yep...

And all of the info they are sourcing came from here.
There seems to be a lot of that. A rumor is discussed here (or on the site that can't be named), someone writes an article or blog post about it on another theme park site (with a bit more hyperbole), and then a poster on this site creates a thread about a confirmed attraction/closure/churro stand that was really only ever a rumor.

Moana's a clear example, but so is the Star Wars hotel rumor. That's getting picked up on non theme park sites and is being reported as fact, and it's only a rumor. Theme Park Insider is actually refusing to discuss the hotel rumor until something is a bit more confirmed.

IanDLBZF

Original Poster
You do realize that Chip and Co. wrote an entire blog post based on DisneyMagicWDW's completely unsourced tweet, right? This is confirmation of nothing.
DisneyMagicWDW's Tweet does have some sources, most notable is another Tweet from Disney Auditions and a number of insider sources of theirs.

Missyrosek

DisneyMagicWDW's Tweet does have some sources, most notable is another Tweet from Disney Auditions and a number of insider sources of theirs.
We all saw the audition postings, but that was weeks ago. There's nothing new this person is saying. Just parroting old rumors and calling them news, which you turned around and said "confirmed" the news of the new M&Gs. Seeing job postings on a public site isn't the same as having a source who knows what's going on.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Star Wars Rebels. So says Google, as I certainly had no idea.

IMG_3378.JPG
IMG_3379.JPG

StuartMan1998

THAT'S BS!, her movie wasn't a bomb, it was #1 for 3 weekends, and ended up #2 with a Disney 1-2 sweep on Rogue One's opening week, ^%$#^$@ LA LA LAND FOR WINNING ORIGINAL SONG, IT DOESN'T DESERVE THAT WIN, MOANA'S SONG DID DESERVE Original Song, LA LA LAND'S OVERRATED AS HECK!(i'll give credit, Zootopia deserved Animated Film more, because it was too powerful to be beaten)

PS-It didn't deserve to be beaten by Sing at the US box office, It deserved 10th, not that surprise hit film from Universal.
Butthurt much?

Daveeeeed

Somehow Universal has managed to dominate marketing at home and abroad. The Secret Life of Pets and to a lesser extent Sing! both had very strong marketing campaigns. Sing though capitalized on a lack of young moviegoers movies in December. Yes, Moana was still there, but it lost the hype after Thanksgiving which is when pretty much everyone made up their mind whether or not they would see it.

Moana should have done better yet, but its commercials weren't really that inspiring. For one my family hated Moana. I enjoyed it, but the music was obviously different (not as good as the Disney renaissance or Hamilton... for me it was in between, but still good). I feel like Moana's simple story was fine, but the journey to get there could have been a little more interesting and with a
better return of Maui to help Moana. Perhaps a bit less insults too? The humor was a sarcastic overkill that tried to be funny but mostly wasn't. For me 7/10.
Moana was not even in the same ballpark as La La Land. I know some may dislike it, but if you saw it in IMAX it was a breathtaking experience from beginning to end. The cinematography was enchanting paired with its gorgeous production, fine acting, and wonderous music. Another Day of Sun should have been nominated though instead of City of Stars although I knew the Oscars would make CoS win as they tend to like slower songs. Still a great song though.
I've since seen it once at home and it's nowhere near as good much like Interstellar or Gravity (the latter extremely boring on a TV). Anyway so for the meet & greet I would be depressed if it takes out The Tiki Room. A restaurant is silly too. There's so much room for expansion in MK. I would love to see the Tiki room get a new script, but would hate to see such a nice quaint classic go.

Last edited:

Ryan H. Serowinski

Somehow Universal has managed to dominate marketing at home and abroad. The Secret Life of Pets and to a lesser extent Sing! both had very strong marketing campaigns. Sing though capitalized on a lack of young moviegoers movies in December. Yes, Moana was still there, but it lost the hype after Thanksgiving which is when pretty much everyone made up their mind whether or not they would see it.

Moana should have done better yet, but its commercials weren't really that inspiring. For one my family hated Moana. I enjoyed it, but the music was obviously different (not as good as the Disney renaissance or Hamilton... for me it was in between, but still good). I feel like Moana's simple story was fine, but the journey to get there could have been a little more interesting and with a
better return of Maui to help Moana. Perhaps a bit less insults too? The humor was a sarcastic overkill that tried to be funny but mostly wasn't. For me 7/10.
Moana was not even in the same ballpark as La La Land. I know some may dislike it, but if you saw it in IMAX it was a breathtaking experience from beginning to end. The cinematography was enchanting paired with its gorgeous production, fine acting, and wonderous music. Another Day of Sun should have been nominated though instead of City of Stars although I knew the Oscars would make CoS win as they tend to like slower songs. Still a great song though.
I've since seen it once at home and it's nowhere near as good much like Interstellar or Gravity (the latter extremely boring on a TV). Anyway so for the meet & greet I would be depressed if it takes out The Tiki Room. A restaurant is silly too. There's so much room for expansion in MK. I would love to see the Tiki room get a new script, but would hate to see such a nice quaint classic go.
Only if Universal released the latter title this year, instead of X-mas, i tweeted to Disney to bring Moana back to theaters so it could make more than the GG nominated Sing, but failed >_< they're pointless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom