Requesting Servers?

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Just found out from a family onboard the Transatlantic cruise that our head server from our 2011 Med Cruise is onboard again!! Wahoo!! He was Great!

Now, how would i go about requesting that we have him as our server again this year?

Is there a phone number to ring?

Or do i enquire when we get to the ship??

ChuckElias

Just ask your Travel Agent to put in a request. If you're not using a travel agent, you can simply call the DCL phone number and ask a reservation agent to put in the request. They will not promise anything, but at least they may try to get you in that Head Server's dining rotation. If they're unable to do that for you, you can always try to make dining changes when you first board the ship. (Rockin' Bar D, on the Magic; D-Lounge on the Fantasy/Dream).

Funny story, which some of you already know. One of our favorite DCL servers is Kendell. We first had him as an assistant server on the Magic in '07 for our Med cruise. When we learned that he had moved to the Dream as a server, we requested him again. They were able to put us in his section and it was wonderful to be with him again. But the funny part is that he had actually been promoted again to Head Server. The only reason that we were able to have him as a server is that Karl Holz (President of DCL) was on our same cruise and asked specifically for Kendell as his server. So for one 4-night cruise, Kendell waited tables again, and that just happened to be the cruise we were on. So we got to sit at the next table over from Karl and his family.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Ok just realised head server means the Maitre D

This guy was our Server at the table!

Still possible to request we have him on our upcoming cruise?

sweetpee_1993

On our recent Fantasy cruise we arrived to our first dinner and found we had the exact same server we had on the Magic just this past January. Crazy! It was so good to have Malwyn again. I swear, it's truly like coming home! LOL!

Jonathan Dalecki

On our recent Fantasy cruise we arrived to our first dinner and found we had the exact same server we had on the Magic just this past January. Crazy! It was so good to have Malwyn again. I swear, it's truly like coming home! LOL!

After years of lurking I finally created an account, just so I could say that my family and I loved Malwyn! We had him May 2012 on the Magic, and I saw him again in September 2012 on the Magic Canada cruise. Glad to hear he's still with the company!

mikenatcity1

We have now had the same server on 5 Dream cruises :) He has been awesome! It will be weird one day to go onto the Dream and he wouldn't be there. So, if you find someone you like, keep their name and always call DCL (or your TA) to request them- you never know if they are on the same ship or have been moved around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom