Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Casper Gutman

Could be like the Naboo ship in Phantom Menace. It needed repairs, and Tatooine was nearby.

Yes, there are a lot of narrative ways to explain the stop, of course. (Although wasn't the Naboo ship specifically going to an out-of-the-way port to avoid attention?)

What's interesting is that so much of this resort seems to be self-contained, aside from the relatively brief trip to SWL it doesn't seem like there's a huge need to build it in Orlando - you could build it in Indianapolis and have much the same experience.

Now, if offering longer stays and tying it more to the parks means we get more Star Wars lands quickly, that would be great.

peter11435

The name has more to do with the theme of the ride and almost nothing to do with the theme of the building facade. The name will not be changing.
Are you sure it won't be changing?

I'm aware of the theme of the ride and why midway is in the name, but I'm also aware that the plan last I heard was to remove it from the Florida version.

clemmo

I've not heard about the TSL proposal personally so it'd be wrong to comment on it. But the hotel idea isn't new.
I have to think though if everything goes as planned they'll want or are already considering a "phase 2" with a third attraction sort of like how HP had phases 1 and 2 with a now 3rd one possible for D.C. area. Obviously this would be far off but maybe in the 2020s at some point. Would they have room or a designated expansion pad or is it going to be tough to expand someday?

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What's interesting is that so much of this resort seems to be self-contained, aside from the relatively brief trip to SWL

How do you know if it's relatively brief? Even at 2 hours at night after-hours, that's 4 hours of riding E-Ticket rides and extending the role-play into a fully immersed planetary environment.

Also, we get it. You don't like this. How many dozens of posts will there be in this thread and the resort thread from you which is just a variation of "I don't like this"?

And the resort thread is here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/star-wars-all-inclusive-star-ship-resort.926270/

Casper Gutman

How do you know if it's relatively brief? Even at 2 hours at night after-hours, that's 4 hours of riding E-Ticket rides and extending the role-play into a fully immersed planetary environment.

Also, we get it. You don't like this. How many dozens of posts will there be in this thread and the resort thread from you which is just a variation of "I don't like this"?

And the resort thread is here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/star-wars-all-inclusive-star-ship-resort.926270/

Nothing in the post you're responding to is negative, and it ends on a positively upbeat note. Try actually reading what I wrote.

And my general attitude towards this in those "dozens of posts" has been it's not for me, it seems like it could be neat, I simply hope it doesn't come at the expense of other SW developments. You seem to have a massive chip on your shoulder because my adulation isn't pronounced enough, but I get the impression you tend to react like that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Falcon is a coaster.

Doesn't sound like a coaster to me. ;)

"He’s more forthcoming about the second ride, which involves the Millennium Falcon. “We’re going to give you an opportunity to not just fly on it but to actually be at the controls,” he says.

Trowbridge leads his guests to an SUV for a short trip to a nondescript warehouse. No signs signify what’s going on in the building; if there were any, fans would no doubt be sifting through the trash bins outside. Trowbridge heads into the main space of the warehouse, where a round, black sphere resembling a small Death Star sits. Inside the malevolent-looking structure, the Imagineers are testing a prototype of the Millennium Falcon ride. A ladder leads up to a crude version of the cockpit, made with plywood, foam, and thumbtacks. It’s surrounded in front by a screen that gives the Falcon’s riders the illusion that they’re in some kind of docking bay, ready for takeoff. From there, they can go for a test run in an Imax-like environment, navigating their way through tunnels and out into space, where they must dodge the Imperial fleet’s TIE fighters."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...alactic-theme-park-quest-to-beat-harry-potter

ToTBellHop

MansionButler - were you talking about the hotel or the question of a third ride? I thought they were talking about the hotel, but I feel like your reponse would make more sense for the location of a third ride (and then again I could be wrong on all accounts).
Yeah I read that wrong. You have to trace the chain far back to see it's the hotel. I hadn't done that and assumed it was a discussion of the ride given the thread topic. The hotel won't be in either of those locations.

ToTBellHop

There will be interaction with the controls on the Falcon ride. You will be able to influence the actions/outcome of your ride, unlike Mission Space which is fixed regardless of your actions.
Logic suggests that is impossible so I'll believe it when I see it. We've seen gross exaggerations or outright lies from Disney Marketing.

Remember Bob Iger suggesting we would be riding on a breathing banshee on Flight of Passage?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom