Fantasmic! 2.0 Rumors, Speculation, Announcments

Curious Constance

lol really? I've always thought of them as two different songs.

Heigh-Ho Song Lyrics
Song from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig in our mine the whole day through
To dig dig dig dig dig dig dig is what we really like to do
It ain't no trick to get rich quick
If you dig dig dig with a shovel or a pick
In a mine! In a mine! In a mine! In a mine!
Where a million diamonds shine!

We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig from early morn till night
We dig dig dig dig dig dig dig up everything in sight
We dig up diamonds by the score
A thousand rubies, sometimes more
But we don't know what we dig 'em for
We dig dig dig a-dig dig

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho

[Chorus]
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
It's home from work we go
[Whistle]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho

[Chorus]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
[Whistle]

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho
Heigh-ho hum

[Chorus three times]

Heigh-ho [until fade]

dweezil78

lol really? I've always thought of them as two different songs.

giphy.gif

mickEblu

LOL. To be fair they have completely different melodies. Also, I believe I have seen them listed somewhere as two separate songs.

In addition, Disney uses the Heigh Ho portion (can't even really call it a chorus) of the song by itself so much that it's kind of taken on its own identity.

Last edited:

dweezil78

LOL. To be fair they have completely different melodies. Also, I believe I have seen them listed somewhere as two separate songs.

In addition, Disney uses the Heigh Ho portion of the song by itself so much that it's kind of taken on its own identity.

Ha I know... Honestly, the only reason I even am aware they are the same track is because after riding the 7D Mine Train a bunch last vacation, I went to load up the 'We dig dig dig' part on Spotify for my kid and couldn't figure out which song it was! :D

mickEblu

Ha I know... Honestly, the only reason I even am aware they are the same track is because after riding the 7D Mine Train a bunch last vacation, I went to load up the 'We dig dig dig' part on Spotify for my kid and couldn't figure out which song it was! :D

I wouldn't be surprised if during the creative process they were written as two separate songs that sort of merged into one.

D

Deleted member 107043

I wouldn't be surprised if during the creative process they were written as two separate songs that sort of merged into one.

Well the two segments do function as different songs as a storytelling vehicle in the film, so I can understand why you made the mistake. The dig dig dig part shows the dwarfs working in a mine until Doc yells "Heigh ho" at the end of the work day and the song transitions to the familiar refrain.

mickEblu

Well the two segments do function as different songs as a storytelling vehicle in the film, so I can understand why you made the mistake. The dig dig dig part shows the dwarfs working in a mine until Doc yells "Heigh ho" at the end of the work day and the song transitions to the familiar refrain.

Thank you and yes that's what I was trying to say earlier. Much less eloquently than you however.

VJ

Friend Like Me is being used for the Aladdin segment. It'll be fun.

Lion King obviously going in the "jungle" slot in the show.

Still haven't gotten a clear answer on how Rapunzel fits in - if it's into a new princess medley or if her scene is solo.
It sounds more and more to me like they're going for the Tokyo Fant! instead of the original Disneyland edition. Obviously you know more about the project (maybe?) than I do, but the film selections and song selections kinda point the new show to being more like Tokyo's.

GiveMeTheMusic

It sounds more and more to me like they're going for the Tokyo Fant! instead of the original Disneyland edition. Obviously you know more about the project (maybe?) than I do, but the film selections and song selections kinda point the new show to being more like Tokyo's.

Davison created the TDS Fantasmic, so it would make sense that there would be some shared elements here.

Nland316

Original Poster
Davison created the TDS Fantasmic, so it would make sense that there would be some shared elements here.
I'm hoping that the score remains more instrumental over lyrical.. Tokyo I have noticed is a bit more on the lyrical side than I'd prefer, even if there are some nice instrumental segments/transitions.

Nland316

Original Poster
I wonder if there will be any segments of the show that will stay exactly the same as they were. The only scene that I think would be completely safe is the finale with the Mark Twain and Sorceror Mickey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom