Fantasmic! 2.0 Rumors, Speculation, Announcments

Nland316

Original Poster
If they can get the effect to work, cause from what people have been saying that's not a sure thing...
I'm predicting if the effect doesn't work properly and has recurring major issues, the scene will be shoved and replaced back to Peter Pan after it's initial premiere season.

VJ

I'm predicting if the effect doesn't work properly and has recurring major issues, the scene will be shoved and replaced back to Peter Pan after it's initial premiere season.
Nope. I've heard blacklight being used as an alternative. Plus, pretty sure the show's soundtrack is being entirely re-recorded so it might not be easy to switch segments in and out like that.

Nland316

Original Poster
Nope. I've heard blacklight being used as an alternative. Plus, pretty sure the show's soundtrack is being entirely re-recorded so it might not be easy to switch segments in and out like that.
Interesting to hear. Especially since I've heard that they still have Tic Toc Croc in storage.

SuddenStorm

Interesting to hear. Especially since I've heard that they still have Tic Toc Croc in storage.

@GiveMeTheMusic said this a few months back in response to a similar comment:

They store costumes, even ones from shows that are discontinued, all the time for archival or event purposes. There is zero chance of the new plans not working out.

As I'm sure anyone on these boards can guess- I'm less than optimistic that this is a "for sure" hit. I think that there is a chance that the show might not be as good in some aspects, despite having better lighting, sound, and projection mapping- I also believe Disney fans are fickle and not always receptive to change to their favorite attractions.

The idea that they have the ability to go back to the original (which, depending on the extent of the changes to the infrastructure, isn't necessarily impossible) is reassuring- if this new show is less than amazing, Disney could revert back or revamp again in the coming years.

vancee

Someone who apparently is working on F!! (also apparently heard the soundtrack) over at Micechat said,
"She's out completely. They didn't rerecord the whole segment just cut in her music. To me it sounds really out of place. Sounds like a whole different segment and really long. Then at the end it cuts back to the original medley even though the vocals for the repunzal part are different artist. Also the actual music is totally different and stands out. If you want to get a general idea of what it sounds like look up the newest World of color Christmas show and listen to the repunzal part. It's the same vocals and kinda close back ground music."

Interesting, so far he or she only talked about Kaa being updated and the soundtrack.

SSG

Yes, there's a permit stating the magic carpet installation! Glad that the Aladdin segment won't just be Genie.
ReceivedBLD2017-01708WALT DISNEY WORLD CO1313 S HARBOR BLVDDisney - Frontierland - Tom Sawyer Island/ Fantasmic Aladdin Magic Carpet Lift Access Panel - Tenant Improvement: Create new opening in existing concrete wall to go into existing pit with stairs and conduits for motor control center.

I'm guessing there won't be an announcement until they're comfortable with an opening date. That's not the case yet.

I've read that they won't be filling Rivers of America until early June so that's when they'll start doing serious testing of the show again. I would say they're aiming for a July 17th reopening for Disneyland's birthday but don't want to confirm until they know 100%. I'm kinda sad that it would be open for it's own 25th birthday though on May 13th, it would've been nice!

Disney Analyst

I've read that they won't be filling Rivers of America until early June so that's when they'll start doing serious testing of the show again. I would say they're aiming for a July 17th reopening for Disneyland's birthday but don't want to confirm until they know 100%. I'm kinda sad that it would be open for it's own 25th birthday though on May 13th, it would've been nice!

Well they've removed the tarps/tree's at the coffer dams, so I have a feeling the refilling isn't too far off.

TTA94

According to that user on Micechat, the Lion King is having a huge impact on the Jungle Sequence too. Also, I know it seems a small thing but they also said that it's no longer Brave Little Tailor Mickey fighting Malificent with the sword but Sorcerer Mickey..after 25 years, the show will match the promo art!

Do you know if they changed the Maleficent battle segment besides Sorcerer Mickey? Would be awesome if they came up with some lighting/laser effect to shoot out of Mickey's hands instead of a firework.

Emmanuel

Disney must have learned its lesson with Rivers of Light. Not to mention, last time they updated Fantasmic! the dragon was a no-show for the entirety of Summer Nighttastic.

Ah the good old Dragon drama. The time where everyone tried to point fingers at who was to blame for the delay.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Disney Parks Blog has posted this art as a promo. More info is coming soon.

upload_2017-5-12_18-39-7.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom