Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

L.C. Clench

It sure is a good thing that the Disney of old never did that.:rolleyes:
It's always been a running theme but it's become an art form In the modern era. I know NFL was brought up previously but even that pales to what was presented with Dinoland. Only time will tell but we've already seen way toned down TS artwork and we all know if Pandora fails to deliver the cuts will come.

Princess Leia

If they were really being ambitious they would have built an iconic location from the movies rather than coping out on a "new land" so that they didn't have to live up to expectations.
I think that this new planet will work better in terms of storytelling and weather (which has been mentioned above). Tatooine and Jakku are sand planets, Hoth's an ice planet, Mustafar is basically an active volcano, Kamino is just an ocean planet, and Bespin would be pretty difficult since Cloud City is the only recognizable part of the planet. I guess Yoda's planet on the Dagobah system would have worked in the Florida swamp though.

Creating a new planet helps immensely with storytelling. I'm not sure when it's supposed to take place (other than between Episodes VI & VII), but it uses both the Falcon and the First Order, making use of 2/3 of the trilogies (I feel like the prequels will barely be explored, if at all, but that would make sense in terms of storytelling, I guess). What I'm kind of curious about is if the JTA will be brought over and how that will be addressed in terms of the story (the Jedi are myths again by VII).

Goofyernmost

Am I the only one concerned about Chris Beatty's involvement considering his involvement in New Fantasyland especially with the botched forced perspective of the Beast's Castle?
I've heard that multiple times, what is botched about the perspective of that castle. Looks well done to me, it is just background anyway.

Goofyernmost

And you do? Didn't think so. Creatives who don't get to have full control of the project and accept the company of cuts. He would be more effective in resigning to send a message. The creatives that I've known in especially in games industry wouldn't put up with that kinda stuff, known game directors to quit for less.
So if you work for someone, they pay you handsomely and then alter your individual imagination to balance show and costs you would walk? Is that what you are saying? The employer has no control of what they consider important and what they don't along with what they are paying the individual to do? Sounds like the current generations work ethic, if I don't get my way I'm walking. I'd say... goodbye, have a nice life, don't let the door hit you in the butt on your way out.

Both parties might be losers, but the one that is going to be most adversely affected by that action would be the walker.

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

britain

See, why build a 5th park (or perhaps one day in CA, a 3rd park) based on Star Wars, when you can help DHS out, AND build a more immersive environment in a hotel that you can charge much more than a park ticket for?

flyerjab

This all-inclusive, 2-night immersive resort experience at Walt Disney World would include:

• The opportunity to experience a 2-day story set in the the Star Wars universe
  • Be surrounded in a continuous, story-driven entertainment experience as it unfolds over the course of the 2-night stay
  • Have personal interactions with Star Wars characters 8i live performers throughout the starship (experience the story or simply observe the action according to personal preference)
  • Engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions (both on the starship and throughout the Star Wars themed planet)
While staying aboard an all-inclusive luxury “starship” at Walt Disney World, guests will stay in luxury accommodations offering:

• All meals during your stay: buffet breakfasts, lunches, & signature evening dining
  • Featured entertainment & dinner shows
  • Exclusive park admission to the Star Wars themed land at the Walt Disney World Resort (a new land opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019)
  • Star Wars starship amenities including pool area & water garden, fitness area, on-board cantina, and robotic droid Butlers
As of right now, the experience would be priced at roughly $900 to $1000 per guest.

So basically, in summary, the experience would include…

• 2 nights in an immersive luxury resort that looks and feels like a starwars space craft (set check-in and check-out dates so everyone is immersed on the same “story” timeline)
  • Room(s) that accommodate(s) up to 4 people, with an interactive “view” (galaxy or pool/atrium)
  • Every meal from checking-in on day 1 to check-out on day 3 (5 meals total, including 2 buffet breakfasts, 1 lunch. and 2 signature dinners with evening entertainment)
  • 1 day of Walt Disney World theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios to visit Star Wars-themed land on day 2
  • sStory-driven entertainment that unfolds over the course of your stay (including live character chance encounters, and the opportunity to watch or enage in the story through things like personalized secret missions, flight training, starship exploration, and lightsaber training)

Neo222

The hotel sounds like it would be a nice experience. I am a sci-fi fanatic, and would love to stay at such a hotel. The only things that I am unsure about are the 2-night stay, and the fact that it costs $900 to $1000. I do hope that changes if they are making such a hotel, though I do understand why the high price if they are pulling off all the immersion for guests there.

Mike S

This all-inclusive, 2-night immersive resort experience at Walt Disney World would include:

• The opportunity to experience a 2-day story set in the the Star Wars universe
  • Be surrounded in a continuous, story-driven entertainment experience as it unfolds over the course of the 2-night stay
  • Have personal interactions with Star Wars characters 8i live performers throughout the starship (experience the story or simply observe the action according to personal preference)
  • Engage in the story with programs such as flight training, ship exploration, lightsaber training, and personalized secret missions (both on the starship and throughout the Star Wars themed planet)
While staying aboard an all-inclusive luxury “starship” at Walt Disney World, guests will stay in luxury accommodations offering:

• All meals during your stay: buffet breakfasts, lunches, & signature evening dining
  • Featured entertainment & dinner shows
  • Exclusive park admission to the Star Wars themed land at the Walt Disney World Resort (a new land opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019)
  • Star Wars starship amenities including pool area & water garden, fitness area, on-board cantina, and robotic droid Butlers
As of right now, the experience would be priced at roughly $900 to $1000 per guest.

So basically, in summary, the experience would include…

• 2 nights in an immersive luxury resort that looks and feels like a starwars space craft (set check-in and check-out dates so everyone is immersed on the same “story” timeline)
  • Room(s) that accommodate(s) up to 4 people, with an interactive “view” (galaxy or pool/atrium)
  • Every meal from checking-in on day 1 to check-out on day 3 (5 meals total, including 2 buffet breakfasts, 1 lunch. and 2 signature dinners with evening entertainment)
  • 1 day of Walt Disney World theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios to visit Star Wars-themed land on day 2
  • sStory-driven entertainment that unfolds over the course of your stay (including live character chance encounters, and the opportunity to watch or enage in the story through things like personalized secret missions, flight training, starship exploration, and lightsaber training)
Yeah. This is totally aimed at huge SW fans that wouldn't have any other interest in WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom