Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout announced for Disney California Adventure

sedati

Just out of curiousity ...

Those who love the change, and you can love it, no one's actually telling you it's wrong to love it and if they are they shouldn't be because we all have opinions ... but why be rude and dismissive and "call out" the perceived "negative nellies" ... it's funny how so called more positive posters are the ones who seem to get up in arms over someone expressing a simple opinion ... just curious and something I've noticed. Wouldn't life be easier if we all just posted our opinion and had a discussion ... it's not nearly as bad as the general news and rumors forum at times, but it is something I've noticed ...

So, I'll just have to say there must be alternate realities existing on these threads. I'm not trying to be rude or snarky, but I had to read your post through twice to believe it. Naturally we sympathize more with those who we are in agreement with, but here it seems to such an extent that we both are seeing only the other sides faults and am failing to recognize those of our own. My initial reason for posting in this thread was to back up what seemed a few brave souls who I saw as being battered down for not so much "loving" the change, but voicing a cautious optimism. I think Constance summed it up well above as far as the undertones that I too have observed throughout this thread.

mickEblu

So, I'll just have to say there must be alternate realities existing on these threads. I'm not trying to be rude or snarky, but I had to read your post through twice to believe it. Naturally we sympathize more with those who we are in agreement with, but here it seems to such an extent that we both are seeing only the other sides faults and am failing to recognize those of our own. My initial reason for posting in this thread was to back up what seemed a few brave souls who I saw as being battered down for not so much "loving" the change, but voicing a cautious optimism. I think Constance summed it up well above as far as the undertones that I too have observed throughout this thread.

That's an interesting perspective. In my mind its been about dead even in this thread or maybe 60/40 in favor of the change.

PiratesoftheHM

Skip to 17:30 folks .

Would someone care to explain the singed and burnt former towers? Or what the strange burnt material encasing the elevator doors is? Just remnants from the previous tenant that Del Toro painted over? At this point it would seriously make more thematic sense if they said the collector bought the Hollywood Tower Hotel and transformed it into his warehouse. To claim it is some original design is despicable lying. Seriously folks, this attraction is a heinous crime to put it lightly. I actually hope the inside is as completely pathetic and depressing as the outside.

I can definitely agree with this! It just seems like so much wasted space to me. I'm really hoping Marvel means the end for Bugs Land.

It's actually one of the best themed areas in the park, a quiet area, provides 4 rides for little ones and is a very small footprint. So no, it should not go.

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Skip to 17:30 folks .

Would someone care to explain the singed and burnt former towers? Or what the strange burnt material encasing the elevator doors is? Just remnants from the previous tenant that Del Toro painted over? At this point it would seriously make more thematic sense if they said the collector bought the Hollywood Tower Hotel and transformed it into his warehouse. To claim it is some original design is despicable lying. Seriously folks, this attraction is a heinous crime to put it lightly. I actually hope the inside is as completely pathetic and depressing as the outside.

It's actually one of the best themed areas in the park, a quiet area, provides 4 rides for little ones and is a very small footprint. So no, it should not go.

That's the one big thing that kills me, seeing all the destroyed edges of building where the lightning strike hit... not even an attempt to change that.

sedati

That's the one big thing that kills me, seeing all the destroyed edges of building where the lightning strike hit... not even an attempt to change that.
I've wondered about that as well. With all the elements they added to the bottom half including reshaping whole sections of the roof, I'd like to assume this has been left for story elements. Will have to wait and see, but it does seem odd and genuinely cheap if there's no reason for it.

Shigg. W. McGee

I've wondered about that as well. With all the elements they added to the bottom half including reshaping whole sections of the roof, I'd like to assume this has been left for story elements. Will have to wait and see, but it does seem odd and genuinely cheap if there's no reason for it.
Maybe it's supposed to be damage to the tower caused by the Guardians "breaking out".

BrianLo

I actually hope the inside is as completely pathetic and depressing as the outside.

Why? That won't bring back Twilight Zone.

In terms of this eternal debate of for or against... the only people I don't agree with are the ones without an open mind, and that occurs both equally in the pro and con camps.

If you've already decided you'll love the attraction no matter what or hate it no matter what, it's not really an earnest discussion anymore.

mickEblu

Now all you people crying about the loss of Tower of Terror have to plan a trip to Orlando to ride it, like how I have to fly to Disneyland if I want to ride Indiana Jones.

It still exists!

So this must mean that you live in Orlando AND Indy existed at WDW for 13 years? If not, you re a troll.

Professortango1

Now all you people crying about the loss of Tower of Terror have to plan a trip to Orlando to ride it, like how I have to fly to Disneyland if I want to ride Indiana Jones.

It still exists!

Yeah, but I much preferred the revamped DCA version. The original is fun, but not as exciting of a ride.

mickEblu

He's referring to Indy at DL gaining an attraction that is a ride while WDW still has that stunt show that surprisingly hasn't been removed yet and has been there since opening day.

We re not gaining an attraction. A great one was overlayed. Also that's not what he saying. He's saying that folks on the west coast shouldn't be upset because they can still go ride TOT in Florida while using an analogy that doesn't make any sense.

Phroobar

I'm a little worried about that Summer of Heros commercial. Notice the boiler room hasn't changed very much. It looks like there is a few boxes added and some round thing on the ceiling. So the boiler room really doesn't change except maybe lighting.

Eckert

We re not gaining an attraction. A great one was overlayed. Also that's not what he saying. He's saying that folks on the west coast shouldn't be upset because they can still go ride TOT in Florida while using an analogy that doesn't make any sense.
How does what I'm saying not make sense?

Temple of the Forbidden Eye is an attraction I love very much. A shell of it exists in Florida (DINOSAUR), but does not satisfy my thirst so when I go to Disneyland I am most excited to experience The Indiana Jones Ride.

You now have a shell of the Tower of Terror (which was a just a version of the Orlando experience anyway). If it does not satisfy your thirst, you can always fly to Orlando to get the full Twilight Zone experience.

I am sorry they took away your version of Tower of Terror, but the Disney parks becoming less homogeneous is always a good idea in my book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom