'Star Wars Galactic Nights' special event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

IanDLBZF

Late breaking - just heard a report that Rey has made her THEME PARK DEBUT during this event!
17972158_10155140145645690_2381490041096685810_o.jpg

Source - Disney Character Central

I am Timmy

How many months does this run? My family really misses Star Wars weekends, would love to do this, but won't be back until December.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
How many months does this run? My family really misses Star Wars weekends, would love to do this, but won't be back until December.

Just last night as of right now.

Indeed, Disney has only done this late-night SW upcharge party twice now (maybe three times?). Once for the premier of Episode 7 and then again this weekend to coincide with the Star Wars convention happening elsewhere in Orlando. Their website for this event makes it sound like they do this regularly... if you call once or twice a year regular. We could probably expect another night this December for the premier of Episode 8. Whether this event will ever repeat on a more regular basis is unknown.

Bolt

Indeed, Disney has only done this late-night SW upcharge party twice now (maybe three times?). Once for the premier of Episode 7 and then again this weekend to coincide with the Star Wars convention happening elsewhere in Orlando. Their website for this event makes it sound like they do this regularly... if you call once or twice a year regular. We could probably expect another night this December for the premier of Episode 8. Whether this event will ever repeat on a more regular basis is unknown.
It was confirmed a few months ago this is going to be reoccurring. Disneys words. Just no announced dates yet.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It was confirmed a few months ago this is going to be reoccurring. Disneys words. Just no announced dates yet.

Confirmed by whom? The Disney Blog post which gave absolutely no hint of when or what would occasion another upcharge night? That's my point: It sounds like it's going to be more regular, but without saying when, it might be just a two or three times a year, and that's how they're defining 'regular.'

Much-Pixie-Dust

Will post pics soon. We thought party was great and worth the money. Nice touches like red and blue churros, fun atmosphere, and a wide variety of offerings. The only glitch I encountered was meeting the Ewoks. They were trying to be roaming characters but people were bombarding them so they were moved to behind the railing beside the Star Tours queue. It was more like you were looking at them, like they were trapped. Totally not a Disney issue

shipley731

It's been done 3 times. They did this the last time Celebration was held in Orlando in 2011. I talked my husband into taking me. We had a great time. Saw George Lucas at the Star Wars / Indiana Jones mash up show. That was worth the price of admission alone to me. It also was great to ride Toy Story Mania as a walk on with no wait. Couldn't get down this time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom