News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yeah, I really am. You always get bent out of shape whenever ANYONE has something to say about Disney. I'm almost convinced that you're Dani Maz from the I'm So Disney group on Facebook. Same M.O.. Now, if you want to know what I really want to say, message me. If not then I'll dispose of you like Thick and that chick from the other day.
PM sent. But you are completely wrong about me getting bent out of shape. I was in no way saying that bringing a Club 33 experience to WDW was a good thing. That is what the discussion here is about. I was merely pointing out that '74 brought up this possibility many years before it was announced - just like many other things that Disney does. If you get hurt because I pointed out an error on your part, well, then I'm sorry to have offended you.

jakeman

Higher level of discourse? This is a Disney fan forum, not the MENSA boards.

Maybe people shouldn't be so
tenor.gif
I don't think asking for a bar slight above name calling is too much to ask. Apparently, I was wrong.

TalkingHead

Interesting that you agree that the majority of people staying in deluxe resorts are "white trash". So what classifies someone as "white trash"?

Last time I was at Kona Cafe at the Poly, we were seated next to a group that was letting their young'uns run and jump on the seats. I'd be willing to overlook the sloppy dress if they had control of their kids. I think that's the sort of thing that gets described as "white trash" behavior, fair or not.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Last time I was at Kona Cafe at the Poly, we were seated next to a group that was letting their young'uns run and jump on the seats. I'd be willing to overlook the sloppy dress if they had control of their kids. I think that's the sort of thing that gets described as "white trash" behavior, fair or not.

Ugh, the last time I was at Kona Cafe with some friends that happened to us as well, only they were on the other side of us and they kept tapping my friend on the shoulder until they were barked at.

Laketravis

But you're looking at cash prices for these rooms I'm guessing, as looking on the DVC side I can book one for the next week (spring break) and a majority of each of the next few months. Now this could be one available or many, but they're not being fully booked all that often. Disney only makes these available at cash prices when they own the points or someone trades out theirs.

So there appears to be a ceiling here for something like this, and the Poly bungalows may have actually been exceeded it.

Ah, I did not know that. I was pulling them up on the public website trying to make a reservation for 3 or 4 nights and any date I entered thru the end of this year showed no availability. When I narrowed it down to just a one night stay a few dates opened up and they were all for over $2500 a night. I wonder then what the true occupancy rate is (<50%?) and how much of it is comprised of cash paying vs. comp or DVC. Although DVC would still represent revenue in some form even if it's internal reimbursement.

It's the closest comparison I can think of to a highly priced premium for a narrow market. Twenty of them could still be the equivalent of 1,000 Club members a year give or take a few hundred? Either way, not a bad deal for Disney for what amounts to an insignificant investment.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
But you're looking at cash prices for these rooms I'm guessing, as looking on the DVC side I can book one for the next week (spring break) and a majority of each of the next few months. Now this could be one available or many, but they're not being fully booked all that often. Disney only makes these available at cash prices when they own the points or someone trades out theirs.

So there appears to be a ceiling here for something like this, and the Poly bungalows may have actually been exceeded it.
The Poly bungalows should never have been built in the first place. One of the dumbest things they have ever done.

gmajew

Premium Member
Nah. Rubes with empty lives and deep pockets.

So why are they rubes? Some people,just have more money then they k ow what to do with and if they want to spend it let them. But those people are the far and few between. The people that mortgage everything to join are the idiots. Not those that won't even notice the money gone when the sign up.

If my business was in Orlando I would consider this to entertain customers just like I consd9er my Bulls, Cubs, Hawks and Bears tickets I spend a fortune on every year or my golf memberships.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So why are they rubes? Some people,just have more money then they k ow what to do with and if they want to spend it let them. But those people are the far and few between. The people that mortgage everything to join are the idiots. Not those that won't even notice the money gone when the sign up.

If my business was in Orlando I would consider this to entertain customers just like I consd9er my Bulls, Cubs, Hawks and Bears tickets I spend a fortune on every year or my golf memberships.
Because he doesn't think it's a good idea, we should all just fall in line and agree with him. ;) Disclaimer: while I have no problem if Disney wants to do this, and we easily have the money to join, it's simply not something we would choose to participate in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom