News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

Daannzzz

Would it be possible, if they were to tear down the Innoventions buildings and remove the fountain of nations, to construct a large round building right in the center of the plaza. The outside border of the building could be the center of the current buildings. This would then make the area alongside the monorail bean even wider and greener when fully planted. It would also allow guest to go left or right directly to The Living Seas or Universe of Energy. The new building could house attractions or shows or whatever.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I noticed in the aerials of Pandora how much more consideration they are giving to support facilities. They look so much more permanent and planned out. Very impressive. This is as opposed to the way Epcot backstage areas have evolved. Properly planned something like WS could have even more expansion room. So seeing that management is making this a priority it really makes me even more optimistic.
The amount of positive logistical change Iger et al have brought to WDW is mind boggling.

Very little in the way of back stage support facilities changed with Avatarland.

jt04

Is there a history with jt04 I know nothing about? Posts from him/her tend to bring out such varied responses of support or dislike.

I used to challenge wdw 74 when he was making personal attacks on people and on his grasp of the facts. He is literally idolized by some. Go figure.

OK , back to Epcot 2.0 because investment is cyclical.

articos

Would it be possible, if they were to tear down the Innoventions buildings and remove the fountain of nations, to construct a large round building right in the center of the plaza. The outside border of the building could be the center of the current buildings. This would then make the area alongside the monorail bean even wider and greener when fully planted. It would also allow guest to go left or right directly to The Living Seas or Universe of Energy. The new building could house attractions or shows or whatever.
Possible? Yes. Likely? No. Although the CommuniCore buildings need to be gutted for new, up to date systems, I put the chance of them going away at less than 20 percent. It's also a pain to get a large crane in there under the beam.

Daannzzz

Possible? Yes. Likely? No. Although the CommuniCore buildings need to be gutted for new, up to date systems, I put the chance of them going away at less than 20 percent. It's also a pain to get a large crane in there under the beam.

After some talk here about altering the Innoventions buildings was looking at an overhead view and this possibility just sort of stood out to me. I thought they might have considered it but, due to logistics, figured it was a long shot. :)

KrzyKtty

When did you last ride Energy? Or Imagination ? Or LwtL? Or Space Mountain?
We are going on Imagination for the first time in a LONG time this upcoming trip. I haven't been on it since Journey into Imagination. That ride with World of Motion and Horizons made my childhood. :( I always go on LwtL and Space Mountain almost religiously. Not sure when the last time I went on Energy was. I just find it hard to sit through that one for some reason...

Since it is rumored to be going away soon I would like to ride Energy this trip, but only if there is time. Not stealing time away from WS for it. :)

FerretAfros

One of my favorite quirks of the original EPCOT construction was that the monorail beam was one of the first things to go up, but they intentionally left several spans missing so they could easily move construction equipment in and out
5b2c51a32c66d37642f6f989acff5af6.jpg

4562298-12215368-thumbnail.jpg

How were the awnings installed in the 90's? It seems like it would have been too big to do with a boom lift, but not worth the hassle of getting a mobile crane in there

articos

One of my favorite quirks of the original EPCOT construction was that the monorail beam was one of the first things to go up, but they intentionally left several spans missing so they could easily move construction equipment in and out
5b2c51a32c66d37642f6f989acff5af6.jpg

4562298-12215368-thumbnail.jpg

How were the awnings installed in the 90's? It seems like it would have been too big to do with a boom lift, but not worth the hassle of getting a mobile crane in there
You can fit boom lifts under no problem. You can build a tower crane by towing pieces in, it's just a lot of effort. I believe the center kiosk and sails were installed via scissor and boom lifts. I love those photos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom