The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Some younger folks are using them as well now--with a number of people choosing over-the-air signals (instead of getting cable or satellite, at least for their local programming). They're making some decent indoor antennas as well now for those purposes; but I read that in some cases (depending upon where you live), a rooftop antenna may be an even better choice.

I have an indoor antenna for our local stations, and it works well. Again, it depends upon where you live in relation to the over-the-air signals. We bought the antenna as a backup, for when a bad storm goes through and interferes/knocks out the satellite. With over-the-air, which is also free, we can at least get our local stations, despite the weather. Also, the over-the-air signals are in HD. :)

Oldest DD and SonIL don't have cable, satellite, or over-the-air TV. They do have a big screen entertainment center that they watch movies on and listen to music.
As far as weather alerts go (like a tornado warning), all our phones go off. :)

donaldtoo

Ever try them roasted? They are delicious. :hungry: They need to be roasted with just a little salt until the outsides are golden brown. Taste like baked potatoes to me. The outside leaves then are all crunchy too. This is coming from someone who hated them as a kid. My mom would boil them. Totally the wrong way to make them.

I don't think I've ever had a Brussels sprout that I didn't like. :hungry:
I have been known to nuke a frozen package and just dig in. Not even any seasoning. :)

MouseDreaming

And since we are talking about Up, I still haven't made it past the first, what is it, 10 Minutes. It turns me into a big sobbing mess. As a matter of fact the last time I tried to watch it, I decided no more watching things that I know are going to make me cry. Despite many of my peers telling me I have to watch This is Us, I will never watch it. It sounds like all it does is make you cry buckets. No thank you!

MySmallWorldof4

And since we are talking about Up, I still haven't made it past the first, what is it, 10 Minutes. It turns me into a big sobbing mess. As a matter of fact the last time I tried to watch it, I decided no more watching things that I know are going to make me cry. Despite many of my peers telling me I have to watch This is Us, I will never watch it. It sounds like all it does is make you cry buckets. No thank you!
There have not been too many Disney movies lately(like past 20 something years) that have not made me cry. I remember watching Inside Out and was fine until a sentimental scene and started crying. I was thinking, "Well thanks Disney, you did it again. ":rolleyes:

Last edited:

donaldtoo

I remember all of these things. We still have a drive-in near us. The bugs can be a bit of a pain though.

Yea, I've always heard the demise of the classic drive-in movie theater was related to rising land prices and due to all the space the cars took up "inside" the theater.
But, I think it was more a comfort and sound quality thing. Big indoor movie theaters still require land for parking lots for even more patrons they can stuff in them, and, by comfort, I mean things like A/C and heat, and such, and mostly unaffected by weather (and bugs ;)). Not to mention the cost of those buildings and all the comforts.

MouseDreaming

There have not been too many Disney movies lately(like past 20 something years) that have not made me cry. I remember watching Inside Out and was fine until a sentimental scene and started crying. I was thinking, "well thanks Disney. You did it again. ":rolleyes:
Yes, they all seem to have that one part where I am looking more at the ceiling, than the screen trying not to start. But Up? Seriously, I think that montage is before the opening title sequence, isn't it? If it isn't, it's darn near.

MouseDreaming

Yea, I've always heard the demise of the classic drive-in movie theater was related to rising land prices and due to all the space the cars took up "inside" the theater.
But, I think it was more a comfort and sound quality thing. Big indoor movie theaters still require land for parking lots for even more patrons they can stuff in them, and, by comfort, I mean things like A/C and heat, and such, and mostly unaffected by weather (and bugs ;)). Not to mention the cost of those buildings and all the comforts.
By us, I think it is just trying to pay the tax bill on all of that property, when you can only be open maybe half the year. And some years, October is pushing it.

StarWarsGirl

I'm with you on This is Us. I'm not into a show that tries purposely to make you cry every week. Every once in a while, a show that gets to you is alright (I've sobbed over Once Upon a Time episodes), but not into something that's so emotionally manipulative.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
The daughter of a friend of mine is going to WDW with her (school) singing group around Easter. Luckily, they won't be in the MK on Easter. I asked her mother where they were going on Easter, and she told me they're going to Disney Springs. She said, "I don't think the Disney Springs Park would be as crowded as Magic Kingdom." ;) I explained to her that it's a shopping/restaurant/movie theater destination--not a park! :p
Oh Dear! :facepalm:

donaldtoo

there were 16 of us. I was not the one paying it was my two cousins. My steak was $56. Sprouts $13. Mashed potatoes $10. My shrimp and crab cakes were pre ordered before I arrived huge shrimp appetizers. Crab Cakes meh $45. One glass of wine $15. I skipped dessert. So me alone $145 and some had salad, dessert and far more to drink. And times sixteen people and a 20% tip. A very nice trip to Disney he could have had. OMG!!!!

Woof!
Sounds like to me if he has no problem dropping that kinda' Jack on a dinner for 16, he should have plenty of income to afford a trip anywhere, anytime he wants. ;)

donaldtoo

I believe the hidden Mickey made from the plates at HM was because CMs rearranged them one day and they decided, "Well, that works" and left it.

That, or Imagineer CMs is what I've always heard. Either way, always very fun...! :)
I've posted before about all the HMs I found in our local Disney Store that none of the CMs even knew about until I became a CM there, and I hipped them to them...!!! :happy: :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom