Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

djkidkaz

How far up the chain of command do attractions go to get signed off on? Does George K get ideas from WDI and then he decides if it's ok to spend 500 mill on a ride or do these things go all the way to Iger who makes the call?

I've always been curious what WDI does when there is nothing approved to be worked on. Do they just sit and come up with ideas in case some money is finally approved? There just doesn't seem to be enough projects to disperse everyone too.

lazyboy97o

I've always been curious what WDI does when there is nothing approved to be worked on. Do they just sit and come up with ideas in case some money is finally approved? There just doesn't seem to be enough projects to disperse everyone too.
People get laid off if there is not work. The whole industry is very project-to-project with lots of people moving around between different companies. There was a round of layoffs last year since Shanghai Disney Resort was done.

HauntedMansionFLA

People get laid off if there is not work. The whole industry is very project-to-project with lots of people moving around between different companies. There was a round of layoffs last year since Shanghai Disney Resort was done.
Seems like they bounce back and forth, working for Disney then on to Universal - vice versa.

jt04

How far up the chain of command do attractions go to get signed off on? Does George K get ideas from WDI and then he decides if it's ok to spend 500 mill on a ride or do these things go all the way to Iger who makes the call?

Pretty sure it goes before the board but that Iger now has a lot of sway due to all his success. It appears to me he was the reason we are getting dual SWLs for example. Pandora being highly successful should open even more wallets. IMO.

IanDLBZF

Exactly. There's a press event in May with a captive audience as well as a Star Wars update of some sort next week at Star Wars Celebration.
And we've sometimes had announcements during other events (i.e. SDCC), and we've even had a few just "pop-up" on the Disney Parks Blog for that matter!

doctornick

Original Poster
Well, let's get a Chip and Dale ride and a Capybara ride in the new Brazil pavilion, and a Beaver ride in Canada, and we can rename the parks to Walt's Rodentia World.

[Disney's in need of a famous squirrel character...]

Oh they have one...

images

clemmo

If they hold off on announcing this at D23 this year and don't say anything about it until the one in 2019 that would mean they'd announce this and have it open less than a year later. Just seems odd that they wouldn't announce it until construction is over halfway done.

dreamscometrue

If they hold off on announcing this at D23 this year and don't say anything about it until the one in 2019 that would mean they'd announce this and have it open less than a year later. Just seems odd that they wouldn't announce it until construction is over halfway done.
Someone on here (may have been @marni1971 or @MansionButler84 , but I can't find the post right now) suggested that construction may be well underway before this is announced.

brb1006

Well, let's get a Chip and Dale ride and a Capybara ride in the new Brazil pavilion, and a Beaver ride in Canada, and we can rename the parks to Walt's Rodentia World.

[Disney's in need of a famous squirrel character...]
Does the squirrel characters from Rescue Rangers count?

brb1006

All I'm personally saying is don't get hopes up. We were lucky we got what was announced in 2015 IMHO, and yeah, I was a bit disappointed they didn't do more or say more about the DHS redo.

Rat isn't opening until 2020. They could and should announce it now, but they really don't have to. They could wait until 2019 when it's a year away. @marni1971 has hinted construction wouldn't be that visible to the guest if I'm remembering correctly.

Now the Mickey ride? July is D23, MansionButler has more or less said GMR is closing end of August/early September so that would work perfectly for an announcement.

I don't expect much for MK but who knows?
Still will never forget the surprise appearance of Dreamfinder when D23 celebrated WDW's 40th.

csmat99

I was under the impression they wanted this open BEFORE Star Wars, hence one of the driving reasons to go with RAT and not the BATB clone from Tokyo.
Well the Rat will open before SW because the date they gave for SW at DHS isn't correct. Disneyland SW will open and operate at least 9 months before FL one opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom