News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

GoofGoof

Premium Member
With it getting some news coverage, wonder how long they'll wait before saying anything, or will a gondola system just suddenly pop up someday? LOL
Just like BLT...
Yep, I think the fact that CBR is getting a DVC addition will delay a public announcement. As speculated by a number of people earlier, the gondolas will probably be announced at the same time as the public announcement of the redo of CBR.

Kman101

Yep, I think the fact that CBR is getting a DVC addition will delay a public announcement. As speculated by a number of people earlier, the gondolas will probably be announced at the same time as the public announcement of the redo of CBR.

Ah, that's true. I keep forgetting about the CBR redo and how the gondolas are tying into it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Once complete can this be expanded? I wouldn't be shocked to see this go to Disney springs and other Epcot area resorts in the future.
I don't see why it couldn't be expanded but I don't know if there are any plans either. Maybe they will see how this section works out and then expand later. They do have to be careful when expanding that the capacity stays in line with the number of users. For example if they added another line from AK that ended at the CBR station (connecting to AKL and CSR as well) would that create a potential bottleneck there if guests from AKL or CSR are now changing at CBR station for EPCOT and DHS.

lazyboy97o

Once complete can this be expanded? I wouldn't be shocked to see this go to Disney springs and other Epcot area resorts in the future.
Expansion would have to be like the south Caribbean Beach station. You would be building a completely separate, new line and placing its loading station adjacent to an existing station.

Robbiem

near one of the London cable car stations by the O2 dome the British government have just started trials of driverless pods using the same tech from Heathrow airport but on public roads rather than dedicated guideways. Something like this could work really well in WDW with guests riding PRTs for short distances and connecting up to a more rapid system for longer journeys, it's basically an update of walts plans for a monorail and wedway system

https://gateway-project.org.uk/

CrescentLake

I don't know. They've denied blatant construction before. I'm assuming it will force them to say something. I did mean the gondola news. The image we have on here of the connecting stations was all over the news last night.

You're right. I remember when my family went during the construction of BLT and they straight up denied it was happening (and it was vertical and nearly done).

Very cool that something our members put together has gotten so much publicity. I am hoping this forces Disney's hand a bit. I would love to see some concept art.

At the very least, I guess we have a new area to monitor when it comes time for aerial photos!

Last edited:

PREMiERdrum

I do find it interesting that news stations can just use the images they find without a word on where they originated from, as if it's all them.

They can't, and the license holder (licenses are automatic and assumed on the behalf of the creator) has the right to demand compensation for the use.

Kman101

They can't, and the license holder (licenses are automatic and assumed on the behalf of the creator) has the right to demand compensation for the use.

I didn't think so. Thank you for the information about it. I thought they'd have to give credit.

For the record, and whoever did create the image they used, it was WFLX/WPTV (Fox 29/NBC). They possibly could have been given credit but I didn't catch it if they did and I doubt they did. It's not normally a news station I watch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom