Rumor Pixar's Coco coming to the Mexico Pavilion

jt04

Incorrect.

Real possibility. Currently on track to happen. Mid 2020.

I thought the idea was to have Imagineering pick up the developmental pace. Mid 2020 could only mean a more extreme makeover such as Frozen vs Maelstrom. Which definitely seems to have been worth the wait judging by the crowds.

mikenatcity1

Incorrect.

Real possibility. Currently on track to happen. Mid 2020.

Does this mean the ride will close before the movie opens or after? I'm hoping for after so I can get another ride in to see the AAs...I really hope the movie does well! I love the whole idea of the movie :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Does this mean the ride will close before the movie opens or after? I'm hoping for after so I can get another ride in to see the AAs...I really hope the movie does well! I love the whole idea of the movie :)
You should have another year or so yet.

brb1006

Aren't meet & greets with new characters at the time of the movie release standard operating procedure for the parks now? And Epcot has become the home for them...
Didn't that used to be standard for HS a long time ago? I remember Buzz and Woody were meetable at HS for a few years before being available everywhere else.

Kman101

Just out of curiosity, as this is still a bit of a ways off, is there a box office requirement for this to get the go-ahead or will it go ahead regardless? Or is it still too fluid to really know? I'd have to imagine it's why they aren't doing it at the same time as the film coming out, you know, just in case ...

Soarin' Over Pgh

I'm trying to remember the entire ride from beginning to end and trying to figure out how that would take two years to overlay unless a good amount of construction (maybe extension? Is that possible to make this ride bigger? Where's the mappers at?) and serious change/overhaul is planned.

Interesting, regardless. Keeping an eye on this thread.

Kman101

I'm trying to remember the entire ride from beginning to end and trying to figure out how that would take two years to overlay unless a good amount of construction (maybe extension? Is that possible to make this ride bigger? Where's the mappers at?) and serious change/overhaul is planned.

Interesting, regardless. Keeping an eye on this thread.

Some show scenes with screens and the end with the three animatronics. Some scenes I guess I could see them replacing. But two years? I'd have to imagine they keep the larger room with the most moving figures but who knows? I was just on it last week. Figured I'd go on for posterity sake and that it was the only ride that was walk-on

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom