Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

Goofyernmost

That's what I'm a bit worried about. Liked it the way it was and I'm worried about how it'll look afterward, but I guess I do agree it doesn't flow as well anymore without the Streets of America to blend it in
We will all have to wait to see how this all affects the areas. But, let's be just a little on the positive side, we are getting two new areas that are more then just walking up a fake street. Yes, it was nice to see and impressive, but, nothing compared to when there was actually a working studio there, so all I can see is a plus. Will I miss the old "streets" sure, I've been looking at them since they first opened, but, they were nothing more then nostalgia at this point. Now we have the possibilities of new experiences. That's change I can get behind.

jpinkc

Hey maybe they will make a Pigs In Space 3d movie to run :) They could do a nice space battle against Pirate Capt Gonzo and his crew in the theater :). I do agree the area theme that was there worked well with the theater. Just spitballing since they did release the nice Pigs N Space videos on youtube.

Marty Rotondo

So does anyone have an idea of what they'll do with that whole ABC Commissary/ American Idol Experience building/ Sounds Dangerous area? Or is that a story for another day?
The reason I ask is because it seems to me like they could just bring the 40s Hollywood vibe right up to the SWE entrance, with the buildings the way they are.
Then build a Hogwarts Express to rock n roller coaster to make it make thematic sense and we've got a park on our hands.
And then just build the Indiana Jones ride already.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
20170329_130605.jpg
20170329_130637.jpg
Ugh I hate it. I miss the fountain (and Streets of America :( ). Now the balloon being gone is bothering me lol :)

Kman101

Not the place for it but I saw the Muppets in person at Liberty Square yesterday for the first time (I've seen videos) and just loved it (Epcot is also still running the Mobile Lab! Also great!). Perfect use of them. I want a ride badly. The Muppets are known and popular (sorry Magenta!), they just need the right vehicle.

WDWbuff2001

Original Poster
I don't know why but I'm getting a vibe that with all the changes coming to Hollywood Studios, that they kept Muppets for some reason as if they are gonna do something big with it. I thought it was on the chopping block like the others

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I don't know why but I'm getting a vibe that with all the changes coming to Hollywood Studios, that they kept Muppets for some reason as if they are gonna do something big with it. I thought it was on the chopping block like the others

Muppets is now a Disney IP that they want to... commercialize. They tried with the unfortunately failed sitcom. They succeeded with Great Moments IAH. They're keeping Muppet Square and converted Pizza Planet to PizzeRizzo. Pigs in Space is a web series.

There is no sign that Muppets are going to be forgotten. They're a franchise to be used, like the Disney Princesses.

Princess Leia

Muppets is now a Disney IP that they want to... commercialize. They tried with the unfortunately failed sitcom. They succeeded with Great Moments IAH. They're keeping Muppet Square and converted Pizza Planet to PizzeRizzo. Pigs in Space is a web series.

There is no sign that Muppets are going to be forgotten. They're a franchise to be used, like the Disney Princesses.
Unfortunately, Pigs in Space was a short lived thing. They originally filmed them to promote either one of the movies or the TV show, didn't air them, and only recently posted them to YouTube. We probably won't be getting any more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom