News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

wishiwere@wdw

A potential flat ride addition sounds great and is desperately needed but I hope it doesn't come at the cost of The British Revolution and the gazebo. It's great back there!

SpaceMountain77

Dear Mr. Fitzgerald,

I hope this e-mail finds you well. Today, I am writing to provide inspiration for the proposed dark ride attraction for the United Kingdom Pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase. Please watch the following video clip and bring this scene to life:

Also, I kindly request the opportunity for guests to be chased by Ms. Price's nightgown. Moreover, they should be warned that she will not be held responsible for its behavior.

Kind regards,
Jim

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Dear Mr. Fitzgerald,

I hope this e-mail finds you well. Today, I am writing to provide inspiration for the proposed dark ride attraction for the United Kingdom Pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase. Please watch the following video clip and bring this scene to life:

Also, I kindly request the opportunity for guests to be chased by Ms. Price's nightgown. Moreover, they should be warned that she will not be held responsible for its behavior.

Kind regards,
Jim

Favorite part in the movie!

MarkTwain

Marni's just confirmed they're building a mini London Eye! :D

You know I honestly wouldn't even mind that… Maybe the World Showcase skyline could use a little kinetics! :) And imagine the view!

I wonder if Disney would even be able to do that legally, with the London Eye being basically a privately owned tourist attraction.

SpaceMountain77

This project is still on and could be gaining some speed. One to keep an eye on maybe.

Quote: Gaining some speed
Translation: It will be a spinner

Quote: Keep an eye on
Translation: It will be a replica of the London Eye

For more translations, please refer to our handbook "@marni1971 for Beginners: An Introductory Guide to Understanding WDWMagic Forums"

:D

Last edited:

jt04

Any sort of elevation in WS would expose backstage areas all over the place. Here is one vote against the London Eye replica.

A carousel in Epcot seems like a good fit although I would prefer it as part of the American Adventure pavilion. UK would be a close second.

Bocabear

Any sort of elevation in WS would expose backstage areas all over the place. Here is one vote against the London Eye replica.

A carousel in Epcot seems like a good fit although I would prefer it as part of the American Adventure pavilion. UK would be a close second.
I think a carousel would completely undershoot the problem... Now if it was a steeplechase style ride that had a Carousel loading station...so you would essentially get on a carousel and then the horses would take off on a track through an English garden...something like that, it would be great, but just a carousel would seem a sad solution for a pvailion that has waited for it's unbuilt attraction since opening.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

No carousel no London Eye.

Plus the gondolas will draw your eye anyway.

Last edited:

rushtest4echo

As much as I'd like to believe everything being discussed has some merrit, this stuff is getting out of hand.

Brazil Pavilion
Russia Pavilion
New overlay for Mexico
New overlay for China
New ride in France
New attraction in UK

That's more being discussed than the entirety of changes that have been made to the showcase over the past 25+ years. Lets all get a grip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom